It's Official!!

Guess What??

After many years of waiting, and persuation to my wife, I have finally done it!

It's 95 Midnight Pearl with tan interior, and is in excellent condition with 37k miles.

The car is in L.A., and MY WIFE will fly to L.A., and pick up the car this Saturday -I have a deadline with my work next week so that I can't make it
frown.gif

Anyway, thank you so much for helping me find a car, and I cannot thank enough to those who shared their valuable time to help me inspect numerous cars.

I knew that this day would come, and it's finally here.

Let me sob, and come back.

Tiger,

As you can attest to, my crystal ball is working as well as ever!!!!!!!

Now you will join NSXCA ASAP and come join us in the spring in the NE region. We will keep you posted on dates etc. So now we have a "pair" of Midnight Pearls in the NE, you and David, cool.

Congrats.

Oh, the bad part: Your wife is picking it up!?!?!? Well I hope some day you get to drive it, since she will probably not really want to give it up to you, LOL
biggrin.gif

LarryB

Thanks, guys!

Yes, Larry!! You surely can see the future!!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to drive or see the car until early March!!!

My parents-in-laws are living in L.A, and since winter has already come in Boston, I will store the car in L.A. for the winter. I don't think that I can wait till then (well.. how could I!!)..

My wife is going with my father-in-law to pick up the car (she does not know how to drive stick). My father-in-law drives 996 Carrera4, and I am afraid that he may not return my car once he drives it.

My wife will take many rolls of films and video camera to show me, and I will make a trip to LA just to see the car when my cases are over!!

It hasn't hit me yet. The reality still seems like a dream.

I would like to see some good pics of that color as well. Seems like its pretty hard to photograph since most times I've seen a picture, it appears to look very dark. I believe I've seen one shot IN the sunlight and it looked like bright purple. Very nice.

Oh yeah, congrats!!

------------------
jack of all trades, master of some.
I don't own an NSX.

[This message has been edited by true (edited 19 November 2002).]

Tiger,

Winter, shminter. Come to L.A. and drive it anywhere you want, ANYTIME.

When you do come to L.A., post a message in the Southwest Region and we'll all hook up.
We want to see your car!

Congrats!

Congrats! i flew from Vegas to Boston to buy my nsx and the wife and i drove it home, it was alot of fun! Have fun and be safe!

Originally posted by Larry Bastanza:
Now you will join NSXCA ASAP and come join us in the spring in the NE region. We will keep you posted on dates etc. So now we have a "pair" of Midnight Pearls in the NE, you and David, cool.

Actually, Tiger will be the fourth in the region. There is a member with Midnight Pearl in NYC and another in Pennsylvania.

Originally posted by true:
I would like to see some good pics of that color as well. Seems like its pretty hard to photograph since most times I've seen a picture, it appears to look very dark. I believe I've seen one shot IN the sunlight and it looked like bright purple. Very nice.

Actually, Midnight Pearl is very dark. It is not a bright purple at all. In most lighting, it is very easy to mistake it for black. Only in sunlight can you tell that it is a dark purple rather than black.

Originally posted by BlueNSX:
Did you buy it from a Japanese Owner? With Chrome Aftermarket Rims? Beautiful Car if this is the one. It has been to a few NSX Modified Huntington Beach Monthly Meetings.

Tan

Unfortunately, that's not the car that I bought. Everything is stock on the car. However, it's absolutely beautiful. I did see the Midnight Pearl in person.

Originally posted by vegasnsx:
Congrats! i flew from Vegas to Boston to buy my nsx and the wife and i drove it home, it was alot of fun! Have fun and be safe!

Did you happen to buy the car from Mike (who lives in Revere Beach)? We live in the same building.

Originally posted by Tiger740:

My parents-in-laws are living in L.A, and since winter has already come in Boston, I will store the car in L.A. for the winter. I don't think that I can wait till then (well.. how could I!!)..

Congrats Tiger!

Let me guess, I'll bet you'll be spending extra time "visiting" the in-laws this holday season?

Awesome color, btw. Rarest, also, might I add.

Originally posted by ck:
Congrats Tiger!

Let me guess, I'll bet you'll be spending extra time "visiting" the in-laws this holday season?

You bet
wink.gif
It will be a good excuse to get out of family events like... uh.. Karaoke singing contest ("sir.., I think my car has been sitting in the garage too long. Let me take it for a spin while you guys sing"
smile.gif
)

Originally posted by cpmoran:
is it the one on e-bay? I think i saw one with 37k on the dial.

Yes, I found the car from ebay. I contacted the seller directly and made an offer directly. He was a super nice guy, and the car was in excellent condition.

Originally posted by ck:

Not quite. The rarest color NSX (in North America, anyway) is undoubtedly one of the colors that were introduced for 2002 - Imola Orange Pearl or Long Beach Blue Pearl (although the latter looks much like the Monte Carlo Blue Pearl).

Congrats bro! Really happy to hear you got the car!

-Awais

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Not quite. The rarest color NSX (in North America, anyway) is undoubtedly one of the colors that were introduced for 2002 - Imola Orange Pearl or Long Beach Blue Pearl (although the latter looks much like the Monte Carlo Blue Pearl).

Ok, Ken, rarest out of the PRE 2002 colors. I'm not counting the new 2002 colors because they are going to be low because they have only been produced for one year. I think you all know what I meant. Smartass.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ck (edited 20 November 2002).]

Glad to hear it worked out Tiger, enjoy the ride. Let me know when you come to pick her up.

------------------
  • 1997 NSX-T
  • 1983 El Camino
  • 1972 VW Bug

Back