Is this for real?

His latest reply to me. BTW ... at 12:43 am!!!!

He ignored most of the important questions and has now reducd payment to a deposit. Let see if I can get him going a littl more in my response.

Hi,

Yes i do have the VIN #. It is JH4NA21625S000092.
The car is at eBay in CA..
The shipping company will be DHL.
I do not have a copy of the title but yes it is clear and clean.
The car was driven in NC mostly.
Yes the car was very well maintained and only few times driven in the rain but not intended to...
The total price is $32000...shipping has been already paid (i mean a $1000 deposit to eBay and they will handle everything)

Thank you and if you want to proceed please send me shipping information.

David.

My response ....

David,

Wow ... you responded very late at nite. Thank you so much for responding. With such a slow economy most people are working into the late hours of the night these days. I have saved a lot of money to buy this car for a year now ... so I do not have to go to the bank. It iwll be very easy to move forward with the transaction.

Thank you for the VIN#. I did a Car Fax and everything checked out pretty good. The car is at EBay in California? How did it get there? Your add mentioned you where located in Charlotte? I am confised. Please explain. I am starting not to feel comfortable with this transaction as you said your were in Charlotte.

I called DHL about shipping a car and they denied any invlovement with shipping of cars. They also told me they do not ship domestically in the United States anymore! Maybe you got the shipping company's name confused.

Where is the title? Being the owner of the car, why would not have a copy ofyour title. Can I get a copy sent to me from the EBAY people? I am ready to send your money ... but need few things in hand before I do.

You mentioned the car was very well maintained, has the timming belt and water pump service been compeleted? This is a very expensive maintance procedure that must be doem to these cars.

So, with ONLY and $1000 down payment we can get all this going? I thought you were looking for the full payment amount?

How do I get the money to the Ebay Vehicle Purchase Non-Protection Program? Is this something you set up or will I be getting any e-mail from Ebay?

I look forward to hearing back from you. We are very close to getting the deal done.

Thanks,

His immediate response .... like within 5 minutes of my e-mail;

Hi,

To be honest i do not know too many about this , i just tried to make it easier for me..
eBay said that will handle the shipping and i paid them $1000 so they can take care of it...
For more information i think that eBay will be who can tell you everything.
Also as i said i am now in California and i got the car with me. I do not have a copy of the title as the title is at eBay signed by me...
So if you want to find out more please send me full name and full address and they will email you all instructions.

Thank you!
david

You can tell him I am in California and very close to e-bay if you want me to take a look at the car...:wink:

Dtrigg ... I will do that as soon as I get a new response with him. He went cold. Must be bed time in NIGERIA?

Here is my last response to him;

David,

OK, thank you for the reply.

You just paid Ebay? So what you are saying is that you are in California, the car is at Ebay in California and since you are a very busy business man you just paid Ebay to handle everything to make it easy for you. This way it would not interrupt your busy schedule? That makes sense!

By the sounds of things it makes it very easy for the buyer as well. I have never bought a car through these services so I am trying to understand how everything works and happens.

Is there a phone number for Ebay California that I can call to get more information, or does that all this information come when I give you all my full name and address? I feel better now that all this is in California and that you are there as well. Ebay has a very safe Vehicle Purchase Non-Protection Program from what I have heard from others.

Where in California are you located and where is the Ebay warehouse that you dropped off the car. Are you close to it?

I have just transfered $1000 to my internet account as it looks like I am ready to move to the next step. Please answer the few questions above and I can then give you all my information.

Thank you

I noticed you live in New Bern, North Carolina. Well, here is a phone number and address you can use:

(252) 672-4100

601 George Street
New Bern, NC 28560

In case you don't recognized the number or the address, it's the New Bern Police Department.

post-3012-1185415263.gif

I noticed you live in New Bern, North Carolina. Well, here is a phone number and address you can use:

(252) 672-4100

601 George Street
New Bern, NC 28560

In case you don't recognized the number or the address, it's the New Bern Police Department.

Nice! Thanks, I deffinately will use it. I have not received a reply yet. but when I do ... I will proceed with the address above. I am going to send another e-mail to get him going again.

Last edited:
post-3012-1185415263.gif
post-3012-1185415263.gif
post-3012-1185415263.gif
post-3012-1185415263.gif
I'm bored... :biggrin:

Definitely too good to be true. We've all seen so many posts of this it's getting down right boring.:rolleyes: I encountered a guy with a fake picture of a Long Beach Blue Pearl NSX that he had up for sale on autotrader a year ago. I decided to call his bluff for fun. When I first contacted him I got this exact same paragraph from him word-for-word. I took it one step further (even though I already knew it was a scam). I asked him for more information because "I really wanted the car":biggrin: and he went into the usual scam story about "we can process the transaction with a "large" deposit down from you first through ebay insurance". What a joke! Don't even think twice about this unless you wanna get took!:biggrin:

He e-mailed me, the exact same message.:wink:

Back