Is it worth buying an NSX

I was 16 when I first saw an NSX and swore that I would own one some day once I had the means to. Everyone tried to tell me that I was crazy for spending this much money for an "old has been", that I should look at a Vette, Viper, Porsche, blah blah blah. They just didn't get it and you won't get it until you drive one.

In April, I flew out to Michigan and brought home my NSX after wanting one for 16 years (yes, I am 32). It was the best 9 hour drive of my life. The car makes me feel alive every time I get it in and puts a smile on my face every time I get out.

Life has been good to me and I am fortunate, but no matter how much money I make or how many cars I will own, this will always be my favorite car. I respect all kinds of cars for their unique capabilites, but I have not driven a car that is this well balanced. It's the best kept secret in the automotive industry.

Just got my NSX last month....I've wanted one since 1991, but was too busy with work and family to buy one until now.

Before buying, I wanted to make sure I still really wanted it, so...I compared it to the following "new" cars:

Porsche Cayman S
Porsche 911 C4S
Corvette Z06
Ferrari 348/355 (okay, they're older..but they look "fabulous")

Each car had its merits, each are wonderful examples of engineering, each are beautiful machines....but none of them put a smile on my face like the NSX. So after 15yrs of technological advances, it still comes down to an emotional response...damn car just makes me happy.

Remember, "the most ardent patriot is the most recent convert...!"

Regards,

I you want one I will sell you both of mine....daily driver and track car....lets make a deal. :)

|Adeel said:
I have trouble parking the car in areas where I can't watch it. I can't visit my friends and leave the car outside parked on the street for a couple of hours... Don't think anyone would steel it, but just not comfortable leaving it alone when it's not home in the garage...

That's the only annoying part.

Also about the only problem I have with mine. Maybe I'm just obsessive? :tongue:

Back