Introduction!

hey guys. my name is simmo chen and i'm from australia. being a 16yo high school student, my knowledge of cars really isnt that great so before i graduate into the real world, i would like to get to know more about the nsx, hopefully owning one in the future.

Joining this forum, i'm hoping to learn as much as i can about the nsx and hav sum fun chattin to all u nsx enthusiasts. i hope that u guys will all make me feel welcome :)

Hi. I've found this site to be extremely helpful, both in information and member assistance in the purchasing and maintenance of my NSX. Everyone here, for the most part, are friendly, open and informative. As for the car, if you haven't sat in one, you just don't know what you're missing! Good luck, hope you get your NSX one day soon and welcome aboard!

sm0o said:
hey guys. my name is simmo chen and i'm from australia. being a 16yo high school student, my knowledge of cars really isnt that great so before i graduate into the real world, i would like to get to know more about the nsx, hopefully owning one in the future.

Joining this forum, i'm hoping to learn as much as i can about the nsx and hav sum fun chattin to all u nsx enthusiasts. i hope that u guys will all make me feel welcome :)

Anything that you need to know, just ask. This is THE BEST BOARD around.

I understood what he said perfectly, but, if you need a translation, here it is: 'sweet'-as in cool or great. :) -I suspect means he's happy 'thx guys'-thanks, guys (that's us) 'yea, firstly how much would an NSX set me back in aus?-what could I expect to pay for an NSX (likely used) in Australia? Not an exact figure and probably 1991-95 models. I'm only 16 years old, ya know;)
'They are EXTREMELY rare here n no body seems to hav any for sale =( -There are very few examples I can look at or use to base a price range on through local resources like an auto-trader etc. and right now none appear to be for sale so I kind of stuck...any (useful) help would be appreciated. The equal sign and open bracket indicate an un-happy face, likely indicating that the lack of information is somewhat disappointing to our young enthusiast. Maybe we can all remember what it was like to be exicited by a dream that many of us here have realized instead of slapping down a guy because he asked a question. Now me, I've got broad shoulders, so if you want to get your kicks picking on grammer or spelling or typing in short-fform then by all means hack away at me, but leave the kid out of it. As my Mom said, if you can't say anything nice...I'm sure you know the rest. And smOo, in future, to avoid this problem, please be more specific with your questions and try to type in full (old-fashioned) sentences. This board has many older users who aren't 'down wid yo shizel'.

I think the owners come from all walks of life, though the cost of ownership goes beyond the purchase, especially if you're outside the warrenty. I, for one, had to consider all this before I made my decision to by a '91. I have previously let my emotions lead me to the acquisition of a real lemon (not an NSX). And insurance is high. So I think you need a certain level of disposable income to truly enjoy a car like the NSX.

I think the price of a NSX will be a bit more expensive in Australia compare to the United States. I don't know what kind of work people do down there and how much one get pay, but it is doable to get a NSX.

lol. doh. looks most likely that i will be 60 until i can afford a nsx, they go for over $100k in aus i'm told.
is the nsx hard to modify? do you need to know a great deal to begin playing around with your ride?

There are stuffs on the NSX that you can play by yourself, but some bigger modified items require a shop.

Welcome smOo!

I think it would be a good idea for youto check out the FAQ link on the homepage!

Have fun!

Welcome Simmo Chen. I'm glad to hear kids your age have an appreciation for NSXs instead of your usual group of WRX/Lancer followers.

Have your run-around in this forum. It's very informative and you'll find the members knowledgeable and helpful. It maybe weird to type in complete sentences, but using the proper grammar, punctuation and spelling will only garner you respect around here. You'll find out soon enough that we are not your typical 'ricer' forums in the way we speak and carry ourselves. We are all mature, educated people and we represent ourselves as such. THAT is the kind of person the NSX attracts.

Start off in the right foot and when you visit other forums, you'll come to realize how different we are. :)

NoSeX4U said:
And insurance is high.
No, it's not.

Compare prices for insuring the NSX against similar priced cars like the NA Porsche 911, and you may be in for a pleasant surprise.

I pay more to insure my Integra than my NSX.

I suspect that is because your NSX is an occasional driver where your Integra is your primary/daily driver. Just a guess but I could drive my insurance costs down depending how I structure my coverage. And don't forget that more densly-populated areas incurr significantly higher rates than people who live in the 'burbs or the country.

referring to insurance in oz for an nsx yes it is high but its an exotic sportscar, plus with the, ahem 'aggresive' pricing in Australia it makes it twice as bad. Modding the Nsx is quite difficult due to the insane prices for 'mods'. Expect triple the prices at least to what you would expect with cheaper cars :(.

If you want modded parts for the nsx there is basically nothing in Australia you will have to ship everything from Japan or the United states (as i have found). To check prices see www.scienceofspeed.com for America and www.gt-rom.net for Japan. Prepare for a shock!

Hope this helps ;)

It sounds like the NSX is over priced here in AUS. Does anyone know why?

i just got my Learners Permit! i'm starting to drive my dads Toyota Hiace Van. I'm loving it! Can't wait till i get my own car, which would probably be in 5 years... rats.

I'd say it comes down to supply and demand. A smaller population will recieve a smaller shippment of whatever product you can name, and the per-unit cost goes up. You get a better deal if you buy more. Fewer cars means higher prices to those who want one. A universal rule of business and the NSX is not excepted.

Back