• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Introducing the Acura NSX DIY LED Taillight Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tip #5: The idiot brake warning light was on (I have a 92 w/02 tails). I simply tapped into the white wire w/ green stripe on passenger side and grounded it to one of the 8mm nuts that hold the taillight. Thanks Chris/Hugh for the post/advice. The idiot light went out...hoo hoo!
As others have stated, the end result was worth all the effort. The pictures don't do it justice. It matches the OEM 3rd brake light as well (these are the RED LEDs). As for brightness, I was initially concerned it was going to be TOO bright. It's bright, but IMO, not annoying bright. Thank you Chris for making a fine product!!!

Jeff

This is good to know and wasn't coverage in the directions as I have the same issue on my 2004. I agree, it's extremely labor intensive and it would take at least $500 for me to do the work for someone else.

I know this a stupid ass question, but what is the difference between the two vendors led tailights? And I sure wish they came installed. I have brand new 02 tailights, and would hate to F them up.......sorry so yacky, side effect of night time coffee consumption:cool:

One difference I am sure of is that my LED taillight modules plug straight into the bulb sockets on the existing taillight wiring harness. I have talked with someone who has bought the other vendor's taillights, and that aspect cannot be said for the other vendor.
I know this a stupid ass question, but what is the difference between the two vendors led tailights? And I sure wish they came installed. I have brand new 02 tailights, and would hate to F them up.......sorry so yacky, side effect of night time coffee consumption:cool:

One difference I am sure of is that my LED taillight modules plug straight into the bulb sockets on the existing taillight wiring harness. I have talked with someone who has bought the other vendor's taillights, and that aspect cannot be said for the other vendor.

I can vouch for Chris. Everything is plug n play. The LED harnesses have bulb sockets that plug right into the OEM harness. Also, you still plug the harness back into the OEM housing too so everything is sealed up again. No risk of moisture, junk contaminating the internals of the lights/circuit boards. No hacking of the OEM harness so it's easy to convert back to OEM taillights. Most importantly, he responds to PMs within 24 hours and even called me when I had a more detailed question.

Jeff

Last edited:
I know this a stupid ass question, but what is the difference between the two vendors led tailights?

For one thing, this kit costs $650. The other vendors' charge $2000-2400 (depending on who you are talking about). Really makes me wonder why as that seems to be a pretty big upcharge. I for one am really happy Chris is here. He will be doing my tails and then we will move on to a headlamp conversion. I will donate my 02 lamps for the testing and hopefully Chris can offer members a great deal like he has on the tails. Possibly even side markers if he is up for it. Chris seems to be doing a great job and everyone seems to be happy. His prices are very reasonable and he has exceeded his own schedule in delivery. He seems to give good customer support too. I don't know what else you would want in a vendor.

Last edited:
Here is an updated order list:

1. nxpham
2. Fatal Lightning
3. CYCLOPS
4. Texas91Brent

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Chris, how man tail lights would you say have been ApkariaNSX'd to date...just wondering how many are out there?

Even though we are at opposite ends of the country, Chris has been very responsive to any issues/questions that arose. Customer service is top notch. That's the difference for me.

Jeff

Here is an updated order list:

1. nxpham
2. Fatal Lightning
3. CYCLOPS
4 . SFDreamer
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Okay guys, I have been in contact with a couple members on this forum who are willing to install these LED taillight kits for a given price. If you are weary of buying this kit merely because of how much work might be involved in installing this kit, don't not fear! Let me know if you are interested in a kit and I can set you up with a trusted installer.

Thank You

can't the installers post who they are and how much they will charge for the install (group rates? single rates?, turn around time?, shipping cost? etc..)

Update

I have a confirmed installer in the Socal area. He lives 45 min. south of LA and within 1/2 hour of any Orange County city. He is very detailed and careful in his installations. His turnaround time kit installation will be a week. He is able to do in-house installations, within reasonable distance from his residence, or you can send him your kit, along with your taillights, to have them installed.

His prices are as following:

$575: On the car installation, including the grounding wire mod to get rid of the "brake light failure" warning light.

$475: Off the car installation, shipping back to you is not included and will be calculated according to where you live.

Both prices require a 3.5% Paypal fee if that method of payment is used.

Last edited:
Update

I have a confirmed installer in the Socal area. He lives 45 min. south of LA and within 1/2 hour of any Orange County city. He is very detailed and careful in his installations. His turnaround time kit installation will be a week. He is able to do in-house installations, within reasonable distance from his residence, or you can send him your kit, along with your taillights, to have them installed.

His prices are as following:

$575: On the car installation, including the grounding wire mod to get rid of the "brake light failure" warning light.

$475: Off the car installation, shipping back to you is not included and will be calculated according to where you live.

I have opted to provide this service. I will treat each install as if it were my own. As you can see, I have 100% positive feedback with 50 transactions. I have had over 200 transactions on Prime without issue...many others have not left feedback. I do want to update a change in the service: For on the car installations, I will provide and install temporary use of a set of 91 taillights. These will be installed in cars brought to me in Anaheim Hills. Total on car install with use of temporary tails $575. This way, you will not have to leave the car and your car won't be down while waiting for the conversion. I will not travel for this service unless we can arrange a form of compensation. Please PM me for individual quotes based on the area you are in. NO Emails. Thanks.

Jeff

Last edited:
I edited my price. :wink:
I have opted to provide this service. I will treat each install as if it were my own. As you can see, I have 100% positive feedback with 50 transactions. I have had over 200 transactions on Prime without issue...many others have not left feedback. I do want to update a change in the service: For on the car installations, I will provide and install temporary use of a set of 91 taillights. These will be installed in cars brought to me in Anaheim Hills. Total on car install with use of temporary tails $575. This way, you will not have to leave the car and your car won't be down while waiting for the conversion. I will not travel for this service unless we can arrange a form of compensation. Please PM me for individual quotes based on the area you are in. NO Emails. Thanks.

Jeff

Last edited:
Another update,

I have an installer for all your east coast guys. He is out of Toronto, Canada. His prices are as follows:

$350: Off the car installation.

$400:
On the car installation.
Grounding wire mod included to get rid of the "brake light failure" warning light.

$450:
Off the car installation with rental of spare set of tails
removal / install twice no downtime

Please PM me if you are interested in using this installer.

Thank You

Can somebody post close pics of the tail light installation? I heard that the installation leaves a big gap esp at the top. Suppose to be painful to do it. I am OK to take as much pain possible but is there a workbook that I can use from the experienced installers instead of reading through all posts?

Can somebody post close pics of the tail light installation? I heard that the installation leaves a big gap esp at the top. Suppose to be painful to do it. I am OK to take as much pain possible but is there a workbook that I can use from the experienced installers instead of reading through all posts?

Hmm, what do you mean by a big gap? I assume spacing of the lights? By no means, does it look awkward. There is plenty of light. I will try to post better pics.

Jeff

The tailights don't go in any different than stock, Chris sends instructions with the lights. Doing it yourself is more of a pain in the A and time consuming than difficult.

I think he might mean at the top of the "blinker" there are no bolts, and without new or newish gaskets it wont fit 100%. I had that problem, but new gaskets did fix the small gap (which was hardly noticable,but i'm a perfectionist).

I think he might mean at the top of the "blinker" there are no bolts, and without new or newish gaskets it wont fit 100%. I had that problem, but new gaskets did fix the small gap (which was hardly noticable,but i'm a perfectionist).

+1 With proper installation and gaskets, the lights will fit 100% properly without gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back