Introduce myself

Hi everyone, I figured that i would just introduce myself and my car (even though it's not an nsx... yet). I drive a world rally blue 2005 Subaru WRX STi with gold rims (rally colors style :cool: ). My home forum is www.iwsti.com, where i'm a moderator, and it's the largest STi specific forum in the the world. The reason i joined this site is because i'd love to trade in my STi for a 97+ NSX coupe (although from i what see, i'll probably have to settle for a t-top since the coupes are pretty rare).

I've had the STi since nov of 04 and it's been fantastic. It's got a big trunk, rear seats where actual humans can fit, it LOVES the snow, and is plenty fast. I've done a couple HPDE's with it as well as have attended one of the Skip Barber classes at Limerock.

Here's a rundown of the parts i currently have on it:

Performance Mods:
Engine / Intake:
K&N Typhoon Intake
Static X Grounding Kit (Red)
277WHP & 310WTQ

Exhaust:
Helix Catted Downpipe
HKS Carbon Ti cat-back

ECU Tuning / Fuel:
Cobb Accessport w/ Protune
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump

Suspension:
Ohlins Sportline Coilovers
Whiteline 24-26mm adj front sway bar (currently set to 26mm)

Brakes:
Daily Driving: Stock pads
Track: It was Ferodo 2500 pads on all 4 corners... Until i destroyed them on the track
Goodrich Stainless Steel Braklines on all 4 corners
Ate Super Blue Brake Fluid

Wheels & Tires:
Rota Torque 17x8 (year round)
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (year round)
Gold BBS's (for track days)
Bridgestone Potenza RE070 (for track days)

Interior Mods:
Defi BF Amber Boost Gauge
Defi BF Link Unit
Valentine V1 Radar Detector (hardwired)
STi Titanium Shift Knob

Exterior Mods:
Rally Armor Mud Flaps
Rally Armor Skid Plate

Audio Mods:
Pioneer AVIC-N2 (nav)
JL Audio 300/2 amp
Morel Hybrid Ovation 6.5'' Comps (front)
Alpine Type-S 5 1/4'' Coax (rear)

Some pictures

When i first got her

n7407000_30019954_9233.jpg

engine bay

n7407000_30019943_9265.jpg

interior

n7407000_30019955_9280.jpg

At the track

20070622_LRP_IN1_3432.jpg

My Ferodo brake pads after my last track day. When i started the weekend they had a lot of pad left on them. By the second day...

Ferodotop.jpg

My calipers after my last track day

blackbrembofront.jpg

the rears for comparison (the front's used to be the same color :D)

Bremborear.jpg

That's about all i can think of for now. Feel free to post any comments, questions, whatever and i'll be sure to respond. It seems like you guys have a great board here and hopefully i'll get to know many of you. Thanks!

I think your going to need Money along with that trade to get a 97 nsx..also another vehicle besides the nsx to drive in the snow. The subaru is much more practical car but I love the nsx and the subaru so i have both..I have the 06 subaru outback 3.0 sedan it a great car for daily driving and the nsx as the go fast criuser..In my opinion if u have to chose One vehicle the nsx may not work out..

good luck and welcome aboard

Last edited:
I think your going to need Money along with that trade to get a 97 nsx..also another vehicle besides the nsx to drive in the snow..

good luck and welcome aboard

yea, i can probably get about $25,000 for the sti so i have a little saving i have to do. I'm hopeful that i'll be able to get one in about a year and a half. I go to school in DC right now, so if i stay there i won't really have to worry about snow. If i go back to jersey though, i'd probably pick up a winter beater.

hehe, sounds good to me. I havn't been a newb on a car board in a while, but it's good to change things up a bit.

Same here...it's an interesting change to say the least! It's like when your in highschool...you work your way so hard to be a top dog senior..then you graduate and are just a piece of shift freshman again :)

Ive always liked STis.They sure are a great platform to build a pretty fast track car. I wouldnt mind one in my garage too!

Yours is nice. Nice to see you're using and abusing it too.

yea, i can probably get about $25,000 for the sti so i have a little saving i have to do. I'm hopeful that i'll be able to get one in about a year and a half. I go to school in DC right now, so if i stay there i won't really have to worry about snow. If i go back to jersey though, i'd probably pick up a winter beater.

Nice car! use to have one but im not sure you can get 25,000 for that, we'll see though! GL on your find

Ive always liked STis.They sure are a great platform to build a pretty fast track car. I wouldnt mind one in my garage too!

Yours is nice. Nice to see you're using and abusing it too.

Yea, it's a great platform for a track car. If you strip everything out you can get it under 3000lbs, and it's easy to pump 400whp+ out of it.

Welcome and good luck in your quest for an NSX. :smile:

Thanks!

Nice car! use to have one but im not sure you can get 25,000 for that, we'll see though! GL on your find

It's low mileage, less than 20,000, and if i returned it to stock i could probably get close to that private party. By the time i sell it though, who knows. I should also be able to get a decent amount for my mods.

Last edited:
Back