Interesting View on the Type R wing

some quick + dirty pictures of sean's ride with the new wheels!!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ghetto vs-xx wheel visual test!

the wide shot with the random house in the background didnt turn out nice as i thought as it was too sunny, but it does convey that the wheels are indeed nicely sized and do NOT look too small!

thank you sean for dropping by!!!! lol it was awesome seeing the neighborhood stop dead in its tracks staring at the car, all my neighbors, all parents with young kids just completely in awe.

Attachments

• enkeiFront.jpg
    enkeiFront.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,968
  • enkeiRearConcave.jpg
    enkeiRearConcave.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,065
  • frontOffest.jpg
    frontOffest.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 46
  • rearOffest.jpg
    rearOffest.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 47
  • sideProfile.jpg
    sideProfile.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,066
  • nsxLexusjpg.jpg
    nsxLexusjpg.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 2,178
  • mywHouse1.jpg
    mywHouse1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,069
  • gheetoVsXXTest.jpg
    gheetoVsXXTest.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Love the last pic with the hellaflush happening.

Very nice pics.

john correct? i think you know my little cousin andrew! lol he just txted me telling me that you sold your nsx!

Andrew who?

Yes, my car was sold on Tues. :(

There is already a pretty busy thread about my search for a replacement in the Cdn forum :)

A few things:

1) I love downforce, I had the first DF diffuser, and I think the difflow is a better piece.

2) if you don't have the R hood, don't get the R wing. I did a poll a few years go, on the R wing versus the standard wing. There are 150 votes. Interesting results. Read here:

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80128

3) if you get an R wing, get the downforce. It's more expensive but it is definitely a good fit and I can't say that for most others. Get the R copy and not their own version with the shorter feet. It looks worse that way not better. IMO.

andrew hung, 23 years old owns a civic coupe as a DD and an s2000 i believe.

Ah that Andrew. Nice guy. He hangs out with us track rats all the time. I should ask him S2K advice.

A few things:

1) I love downforce, I had the first DF diffuser, and I think the difflow is a better piece.

2) if you don't have the R hood, don't get the R wing. I did a poll a few years go, on the R wing versus the standard wing. There are 150 votes. Interesting results. Read here:

3) if you get an R wing, get the downforce. It's more expensive but it is definitely a good fit and I can't say that for most others. Get the R copy and not their own version with the shorter feet. It looks worse that way not better. IMO.

Thanks for the input and the link dude. Helps with the street fight in my head lol

agreed with most points; but i do think the R wing can work nicely on a car without the R-Hood. ie s4play + synth19s cars.

A few things:

Personally I loved my Jetz R wing. Well made, excellent fitment and at the time the customer support was excellent with Johnny.

I do agree though, that it needs the vented hood. I'm a sucker for hellafunctional and the purpose of the wing is to work in conjunction with the hood to reduce lift. If the hood is painted to match the body, it's virtually imperceptible.

...and yes I think Synth and S4play should have the hood (blasphemy!). :)

I would never go back to the standard hood as long as I own the car. It's a HUGE difference in terms of look for the better IMO. Only bad thing is if you have the targa off and that fan kicks on and you are sitting and not moving, a whole ton of hot air comes out and into the cabin. That is if you have it with a duct which you should.

I would never go back to the standard hood as long as I own the car. It's a HUGE difference in terms of look for the better IMO. Only bad thing is if you have the targa off and that fan kicks on and you are sitting and not moving, a whole ton of hot air comes out and into the cabin. That is if you have it with a duct which you should.

So does the hood vent help with the down force? My concern is also fitment. Which brand did you go with and how much was the hood?

So does the hood vent help with the down force? My concern is also fitment. Which brand did you go with and how much was the hood?

Fitment is identical to OEM on mine. I mean identical. It is the downforce GENII.

I have carbon/carbon, but you should get carbon/FRP. I painted the top carbon so it was a waste of money.

I you do the hood, the duct, the undertray, it does create additional downforce. Nothing you'll need unless you are running serious times at the track.

d7d839d2.jpg

Last edited:
I heard my name was called. :tongue:
Yep, I do have the whole set up just like Dave mention. The hood, duct, under front bumper tray and the one under battery too. And I can tell you for sure, since this is my third NSX, I do notice major additional down force difference compare to my 97 and 2000 NSX without any of the type R stuffs. Also, just like Dave talking about, I don't think you need all that since you don't track your car.

Fitment is identical to OEM on mine. I mean identical. It is the downforce GENII.

I have carbon/carbon, but you should get carbon/FRP. I painted the top carbon so it was a waste of money.

I you do the hood, the duct, the undertray, it does create additional downforce. Nothing you'll need unless you are running serious times at the track.

d7d839d2.jpg

Dude your looks mean in that pic! It's got the "I'm gonna kick your a___" look

this silver bada$$ needs a build thread. :biggrin:

d7d839d2.jpg

Thanks guys. I probably should have done better documentation but perhaps I will try to do one anyway.

Hey Butter78,

Your car would look sweet if:
-Type R wing
-Type R hood
-all the DF undercarriage thingies (so you can tell your snobby friend that everything has a purpose)
-blacked out roof and mirrors (do it with vinyl, completely reversible)
-rims redone in gunmetal paint or black plastidip (again completely reversible)

Then come to Prime and bask in the glory...
:cool::cool::cool:

Hey Butter78,

Your car would look sweet if:
-Type R wing
-Type R hood
-all the DF undercarriage thingies (so you can tell your snobby friend that everything has a purpose)
-blacked out roof and mirrors (do it with vinyl, completely reversible)
-rims redone in gunmetal paint or black plastidip (again completely reversible)

Then come to Prime and bask in the glory...
:cool::cool::cool:

Dem be some good ideas my dude :D. Already leaning towards the addition of R hood, wing and diffuser...didn't consider the vinyl wrap of mirrors or roof though....come to think of it that would look awesome! Now to convince the wife to let me spend the money :O I think this will have to be done over some time...stealth...

Funny to see this topic as I was just debating this over the weekend with some buddies!

I admit I would try the NSX-R hood but haven't found one that fits really well to my liking just yet. I'm still up in the air about leaving the middle section carbon or just painting the entire hood....hmmm

What brand do you guys favor? I'd really like to get my hands on a stock 2002+ hood so I can have my aluminum fabricator here locally build a custom all metal OEM NSX-R hood for me :)

rick

Back