Intercooler'd Comptech Supercharger...atlast

nsxic.jpg

The car ended up making 410. 65 whp gain w/ the IC, Tuning, and one more psi of boost.

was that just on a 3.0L engine, and also was that with pump gas or race?

Mase,

I have a 3.0 9 lb boosted Autorotor CTSC (255 walbro, 550 inj, aem, etc.). I opted to add methanol injection for the purpose of cooling inlet temps since there has been no available intercooler/aftercooler although a few folks are now working on various alternatives. I am not a huge fan of the methanol for several reasons and would love to undo, add intercooler or aftercooler and retune.

Have you decided to move forward on an Autorotor setup? Also, I do not care if the unit increases in height. Thanks.

JMP -

I'm considering the same setup that you currently have.

What kind of power did you end up with?

Which methanol kit did you use, or did you build one?

What issues have you had with the setup?

Who did your tuning; what part of the country are you in?

DucatiCraig:

Power - 382 whp
Meth kit -- Snow Performance. Many on Prime prefer the Aquamist setup as it ties right in to your standalone ecu. My Snow Perf is a two-stage setup which squirts a smaller amount of methanol at an adjustable boost and then squirts a greater volume at a higher boost level. Simple and reliable.
Issues -- No real issues. Just the psychology of wondering if I am running low on methanol in the trunk-canister. If you run out and are on it, the amount of advanced timing could smoke the motor. Didn't add much if any power and I frankly cannot say that it has majorly reduced inlet temps. On the repeated dyno's power reduced over sequential runs meaning my inlet temps were increasing so I am not fully confident it has had a measurable benefit in terms of inlet temp reduction which was my primary objective. I really was looking for something of an intercooler alternative. Not sure I got what I bargained for.
Tuner -- A small group out of Coral Springs, FL. He is a pretty solid Supra Turbo and AEM guy. He is not very familiar with NSX's but did a decent job. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend him and in fact am looking to do a retune. Still some minor driveability hiccups at lower rpm's (2300 and about 3800) but A/F's are safely very conservative in fact probably too conservative (ie under 11/1 at several points in the rpm range when my foot is in it, meaning there may be another 8+ whp to be had).
I am located in Southwest FL.

Let me know if you have any other questions. While I may complain about the setup's imperfections, to me there is simply no better car to drive daily then a forced induction 380+/- whp NSX. It is reliable, fast as nearly anything on the street (for the most part) and amazingly balanced. if I were you I would wait and see how some of these intercoolers and aftercoolers that vrious people are developing pan-out.

It's a lot like Xmas when you were little - you can see the presents under the tree, but you can't open!!:biggrin: Come on Santa - Hurry up!!:wink:
DucatiCraig:

Power - 382 whp
Meth kit -- Snow Performance. Many on Prime prefer the Aquamist setup as it ties right in to your standalone ecu. My Snow Perf is a two-stage setup which squirts a smaller amount of methanol at an adjustable boost and then squirts a greater volume at a higher boost level. Simple and reliable.
Issues -- No real issues. Just the psychology of wondering if I am running low on methanol in the trunk-canister. If you run out and are on it, the amount of advanced timing could smoke the motor. Didn't add much if any power and I frankly cannot say that it has majorly reduced inlet temps. On the repeated dyno's power reduced over sequential runs meaning my inlet temps were increasing so I am not fully confident it has had a measurable benefit in terms of inlet temp reduction which was my primary objective. I really was looking for something of an intercooler alternative. Not sure I got what I bargained for.
Tuner -- A small group out of Coral Springs, FL. He is a pretty solid Supra Turbo and AEM guy. He is not very familiar with NSX's but did a decent job. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend him and in fact am looking to do a retune. Still some minor driveability hiccups at lower rpm's (2300 and about 3800) but A/F's are safely very conservative in fact probably too conservative (ie under 11/1 at several points in the rpm range when my foot is in it, meaning there may be another 8+ whp to be had).
I am located in Southwest FL.

Let me know if you have any other questions. While I may complain about the setup's imperfections, to me there is simply no better car to drive daily then a forced induction 380+/- whp NSX. It is reliable, fast as nearly anything on the street (for the most part) and amazingly balanced. if I were you I would wait and see how some of these intercoolers and aftercoolers that vrious people are developing pan-out.

Back