Incredibly long specific NSX question

SilverStone05 said:
That shouldn't burn your ass....a stock NSX is not a fast car by any stretch, especially an NA1 model. Does it grip like a bastard and look sexy?.....Yes. Is it fast.....No.

Every sports car I've had before my NSX has been faster, but the NSX is still the car I've owned the longest. :biggrin:

I think the issue here is that people are using the term fast synonymously with acceleration.

The NSX has a high top speed when compared to most modern cars but its acceleration is what people are really talking about when they say the NSX is not fast when compared to other cars. Really they are really talking about 0-60 or 1/4 mile times. From a practical side there isn't too much reason you would ever or should go a 170 mph on the streets but getting to 70 well thats practical( OK semi practical) and thats what people are asking for is for the NSX to get them from a stand or a roll to legal speed limits faster than the latest and greatest sports cars, like corvettes, porsches, STI's, Evos or the SRT-4 etc.

NSX-GUY said:
So he wants a scalpel with hammer-like acceleration ???

Or would that be a hammer with scalpel-like handling ??? :rolleyes:

A ferrari F430 will accelerate similar to a Z06. The Z06 is the "sledge" the Ferrari is the scalpel.

I think the Comptech SC is a great idea. Can anyone tell me if it has the traditional supercharger whine? I think the best bet would be to pick up one already modded.

Thanks for the advice everyone, if you have any more keep it coming.

NSX is a dog. even my mother says it slow. :tongue:

just go and buy one that is already moded. Save yourself the time of doing the work and paying more money. NON of the people selling their SC or TT setup is making money on the FI cars. They have KBB as base and if anything, they are taking a loss.

If its already tuned and ready to go, just get it and have fun. No need to mess iwth the install yourself.

Capt Crunch, regarding the whine:

One of the the things I really like about the NSX is it's distinct intake growl. So, I was afraid the whine would overpower the great sounds the NSX makes. Fortunately, it doesn't. To me, the whine is not very noticable when cruising. However, when it's pulling through the rev band there's a cool mix of intake growl and supercharger whine. I actually like the effect. You and your dad might, as well.

If you can find an NSX that's pre-modded to your specs and everything checks out, that's definitely the way to go.

Back