Im planning to have NSX deliver from west to east coast. Any good transport delivery?

well I got my 2004 Damaged NSX for 850 from CA to tampa thats was an open trailer junk rusty semi

so good luck on the price.

its a gimic, and dont let them tell you it cost more cuz of gas prices,

these truckers are on a contract with the oil companies, so they have a low rate as they use lots of fuel. so some carrier companies will say well gas prices are thru the roof, BS. also dont use a Broker find a company that owns their own trucks,

if you use a broker, a semi will pick the car up and drop it off at some depot till someone going in your direction has room to pick it up, till then your car sits in some lot somewhere and lots of traffic and people have access to your car.. NOT GOOD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah ha ha i hope your jocking, i have worked in trucking business for 11 years and we pay more for diesel then you for gas.
contract with oil company's ha ha that's a new one

yea im still deciding. It is 1600 miles away from NC. All it is straight I40 highway. Been to Nashville Ten and it was awesome through the mountain road. Only thing Im afraid is that should I take a break every 500 miles and took of next day? How reliable will it be?

My maidnen voyage from Reno, NV to Omaha, NE was almost 1,500 miles.

I didn't get out of town until 5PM or so their time. I spent more time there then I had anticipated, but the previous owner wanted to get a new tire on the driver rear side before I tried the journey. That was really nice and I wasn't going to complain.

It was a straight shot east on I-80 for me.

I made it to Evanstan, Wy that night. Only had one unscheduled stop west of Salt Lake City, UT by a Utah State Trooper. After a little grief he let me on my way.

The next day I was on the road, stopped to wash the car when I got into town and then home. I believe I was here by 5:30 PM Central Time.

If the maintenance has been kept up on the car, you should be fine. NSX's have Honda reliablility. If you have had a PPI and it checked out okay, then I would assume you would be good to go.

You have plenty of options to consider that's for sure.

If you decide to transport it, I would probably go with the advise of those who say not to skimp in this area. You want somebody that will take care of it. Lot leave it in some transport lot, or scrape up the bottom loading it.

Mine has the West Wings front lip and side skirts. I was afraid a transport might damage the car since it sits so low.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ah ha ha i hope your jocking, i have worked in trucking business for 11 years and we pay more for diesel then you for gas.
contract with oil company's ha ha that's a new one

I wonder if Shawn may have been thinking of large corporate truckers? :confused:

I certainly don't know how it works with truckers. It seems like most truckers at the truck stops pay the current diesel price which is more than premium. I still haven't figured that out quite yet, since growing up diesel was always cheaper than regular gas. Maybe supply & demand :confused:

I work for a railroad & I know at least in the past we have contracted to purchase so much diesel for a certain price. It was lower than the price for the average Joe... (I would guess it would be wholesale) the last I remember we were #2 in diesel consumption behind the US Navy.

But I'm no expert... I work in the I.T. department, so I have no access to what they pay or how that all works. That would be more of a Marketing and Sales, Operating Department or accounting area of expertise.

Whatever truckers pay, I'm sure they are all bound by what the market will bare/pay. Charge too much and people go elsewhere. Some can charge a premium if they have some additional value or preceived value, like customer service, attention to detail, meeting & exceding expections consistantly, etc.

You can pay the $800 for the bucket of bolts open trailer or the $2k or whatever for enclosed comfort and protection. In most cases, you get what you pay for...

Like the title says, do you guys know any good transport delivery service around? Not planning to spend more than 800.

I thought about it. Its 1000 miles distance. 27hrs away.

I heard very good reviews about them, I might get some quote. Thank you

you mean you drove NSX from CA to NC?

Just got a quote from Intercity and said $1800 plus $200(Gas fees).

yea im still deciding. It is 1600 miles away from NC. All it is straight I40 highway. Been to Nashville Ten and it was awesome through the mountain road. Only thing Im afraid is that should I take a break every 500 miles and took of next day? How reliable will it be?

It's a really good thing that you have some pals here on NSX Prime, 'cause you sound pretty lost.

The NSX is perfectly reliable enough to make a cross country trip, assuming it has been well maintained. ;) My concern and the main reason I had it shipped is that when driving across the middle of the country in summer, there is a large danger of severe storms that produce hail. Worse, these storms have a habit of popping up out of nowhere- one minute it's sunny the next it's the end of the world. Getting caught on the interstate in the middle of wide-open Nebraska when golfball hail starts coming down onto my aluminum NSX is what made me choose to pay the $ and have it shipped. :wink:

Check out uship.com. I have had good experience with them. Competitive bidding for the work.

Like the title says, do you guys know any good transport delivery service around? Not planning to spend more than 800.

I have used EXOTIC CAR TRANSPORT 407-654-9949
Jan is owner.
They are not cheapest but shipping your car dont go with cheapest - you get what you pay for!
They are very good, closed trucks.
If you call her for a quote please tell her LIZARD referred you.
Thanks & GOOD LUCK!
Lizard

It's a rare event. Drive it!

I have driven coast to coast and from west coast to Texas. Once you start driving NSX....you won't stop until you are really tired. Averaged about 27-30mpg. It is fun!

Put a bra if you worried about chips and take it out when you done. I did not even do that.

Post some pics.

I used InterCity to ship my M3 from L.A. to Dallas - top notch outfit. I used enclosed because of what was mentioned before (storms, quality of truckers, etc.) I paid almost twice as much as the cheapest quote, but even on something like an M3 (nowhere near as special as the NSX), I didn't want to take the chance.

One item to note - most shipping brokers (especially the cheaper ones) will quote you a price BEFORE they go ask their subs to actually ship the car. So, they may give you a quote for $800, you'll accept, and then they'll try to go find people that will ship it for $800. That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence...and there are stories of the brokers charging more than the initial quote once the original price is paid.

Someone that bought one of my cars used uship (if that's the Ebay one) to ship from Dallas to FL, and he ended up having good luck (you apparently can view ratings, and pick the person who actually ships your car).

Just be very careful. I've had dealer friends that found out that truckers actually put 150+ miles on cars they bought. IMO, you didn't buy a Camry, you bought an NSX. Pay the extra money and do it right...or like the others suggested, drive it back, or fly an unemployed friend out there to drive it back for you! ;-)

Last edited:
I used Atlas transport below to transport my old Toyota Supra TT from Orange County CA to Houston TX in a fully enclosed container a month ago (carries 5 cars max). Wolfgang was my sales rep and Mr. Gel the driver. Originally quoted me $1150 but when I mentioned I was a dealer I got it down to 916$. Will be more than happy to be a reference point for you. Hope this helps

http://www.atlascartransport.com/

video of them loading my car....he stops prior to loading to make sure there is room for clearance on the left and right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP_aoC8cI9E

Last edited:
Back