Im planning to have NSX deliver from west to east coast. Any good transport delivery?

Like the title says, do you guys know any good transport delivery service around? Not planning to spend more than 800.

Nothing good for $800, you will find open container 10car carriers(super scratches) for maybe $975-$1050. Reliable, enclosed and insured will be at least $1300 and up.

$800 will barely get you reliable open carrier service up or down one coast, nevermind coast to coast. I spent ~$1000 for enclosed service from SoCal to Portland, OR on a previous vehicle and that was inexpensive compared to some of the big name retail outfits.

These guys have transported enclosed twice for me and do a fantastic job. It's literally mom and pop and their service and pricing is second to none in my experience - http://www.kiwiskarriers.com/

Tom

Coast to coast for 800...impossible!
I paid 1300 from Chicago to California
I too was looking for a cheap way to ship my car and then I thought to myself "wait a minute how much cash did I just pay for car and yet I am nickel n diming the transportation costs"
Furthermore how much would it cost me to fix the car if It got damaged in an open container open to the element cross country...aluminum is not cheap to fix.
I don't care what guarantee they put up front to get a sale don't go with a nonreputable shipper...you will regret it.
I think if you spent that much to buy an NSX it makes reasonable sense to make sure it gets to you by someone who will treat her as if it was their car.

Zaid

I agree with what's been said here, don't get sold on "front load" or "top load". I would only go enclosed. You would be hard pressed to get it shipped cross country for $800 even if it's an open carrier.

I spent just under $2K to ship mine from Manhattan to SF. There were extra charges to go into Manhattan, but the carrier has a great reputation and had worked with the seller of my car before. Their site is http://www.magiccarpetautotransport.com/

P.S. I've been told by a few sources that many carriers will quote you a low price and then jack it up when they are about to deliver your car, essentially holding your car hostage until you pay the higher price. Just stick with someone with a good reputation.

fwiw, I used Intercityline (enclosed and covered) to transport my NSX from Cincy to San Diego for $1695. Not cheap but they are top notch.

Like the title says, do you guys know any good transport delivery service around? Not planning to spend more than 800.

Like others have said, you are projecting way under-budget for a cross-country shipper. Consider raising your transport budget upwards to $1500-$2000 and only go with an enclosed shipper with great references and solid insurance.
Ask them about tracking info, pick up and delivery locations (some will only pick/drop to commercial addresses). I know that FedEx Custom Critical and Reliable provide enclosed hauling, there are also some specialty haulers that have regular run routes from coast to coast (eg. FL to SoCal and so on...)(http://www.newmaninternational.com/ or http://www.exoticcartransport.com/)

What cities are origin and destination?

Transport is not a service to go cheap on, you want your car delivered properly so you pay the price for a reputable carrier, simple. Save money elsewhere...
Avoid transport brokers, they don't have any skin in the game... you want a direct contractual relationship with the firm that owns the truck, employs the driver, and hauls the car.

I thought about it. Its 1000 miles distance. 27hrs away.

How is a west coast to east coast trip only 1000 miles? If that is all it is, fly one way, stay one night in a motel on trip back and drive it in two days.

Otherwise, get a quote from intercity. I used them round trip ny/ San Fran, round trip ny/Orlando and one way Dallas/ny with perfect deliveries each time.

I used Intercity with flawless results. Total cost Long Island to Colorado was about $1800, which included the fuel surcharge (about $250). I price shopped and Intercity was among the lowest fully enclosed options out there. Highly recommend!

well I got my 2004 Damaged NSX for 850 from CA to tampa thats was an open trailer junk rusty semi

so good luck on the price.

its a gimic, and dont let them tell you it cost more cuz of gas prices,

these truckers are on a contract with the oil companies, so they have a low rate as they use lots of fuel. so some carrier companies will say well gas prices are thru the roof, BS. also dont use a Broker find a company that owns their own trucks,

if you use a broker, a semi will pick the car up and drop it off at some depot till someone going in your direction has room to pick it up, till then your car sits in some lot somewhere and lots of traffic and people have access to your car.. NOT GOOD.

^^ like some said.. Make that drive. i drove from San Diego, Ca. to Jacksonville N.C. took me and the wife 3 days to make it. When i got there i had my convertible shipped and the driver drove thru some trees and the top got cut up pretty bad.

Either drive or enclosed is the way to go.

^^ like some said.. Make that drive. i drove from San Diego, Ca. to Jacksonville N.C. took me and the wife 3 days to make it. When i got there i had my convertible shipped and the driver drove thru some trees and the top got cut up pretty bad.

Either drive or enclosed is the way to go.

you mean you drove NSX from CA to NC?

I used Intercity with flawless results. Total cost Long Island to Colorado was about $1800, which included the fuel surcharge (about $250). I price shopped and Intercity was among the lowest fully enclosed options out there. Highly recommend!

Just got a quote from Intercity and said $1800 plus $200(Gas fees).

Driving is, IMO, pretty insane, but to each his own :D I suspect you'll incur a lot more cost, and take a lot more damage, than an open transport. I routinely use my truck on long(ish) trips for work and its a mess.

I shipped my car from CA to PA for around $2k with Horseless Carriage. Experience was great. My car was the cheapest thing on that carrier (fully enclosed, gorgeous truck, great driver) It was carrying a Bentley, Ferrari 430 and a fully parts matched restored XKE.

$800? You'll get open transport at best and have to hope for the best or, as some folks have said, drive and have (IMO) *more* risk than open transport, have to put in the effort, and spend $$$ on gas.

^Awesome road trip!

I recently drove my NSX from Atlanta to Phoenix. It took 2 days, about 25 hours. I did stop in Texas at a rest area and slept a couple of hours. I wanted the cheapest option to get my car here. It was $150 for the 1 way plane ticket, and another $300 for gas and food. I didn't use any additional vacation days because I was visiting the family anyway. So total, I spent about $450. I actually enjoyed it.

Your quickest and cheapest option would be to purchase (2) 1 way tickets for you and a buddy. Find some plane tickets that leave at midnight, they are super cheap. Y'all can sleep on the plane. You and your buddy can take turns driving. Depending on where on the west coast the car is, it will probably take you about 30 hours or so. So leave late Friday night, you will be back home in NC Sunday afternoon. You wouldn't have to burn any of your vacation days, assuming you just work M-F.

Now mind you, I do not have a garage queen. I take mine out every chance I get. It's only a car....drive it! Now if you hate driving long distances, are worried about rock chips, putting too many miles on your baby, etc....then forget everything I just said. :biggrin:

When I purchased mine, I checked into shipping... March 2008.

I knew people who had relocated with work & had open air shipping on their cars and they received some damage, so I had decided I would go with covered transport if I had it shipped.

I called to get pricing on short notice airfare. Turned out to be $221.

So I purchased a round trip ticket to Reno, used one way to get there and drove the car back to Omaha. Fun road trip. The weather was nice & I checked out the weather forcast before also. I didn't want to be hitting any snow storms going through the rockies.

This time of year you should have no issues with snow or ice... tornado's and hail is another story.

It was an awesome, fun, road trip.

Reno to here was ~1,500 miles. So my 38,500 mile car now had 40k on it.
A coast to coast trip would be about twice that many miles and not 1,000. Unless maybe a person was talking about the Atlantic Gulf coast, TX to the Pacific, California or so :cool:

I can't remember now how much gas cost me at the time. I have the receipts though. I suspect I may have a previous post out here on prime someplace with those costs also. But I do know gas was no $4 + per gallon for premium at that time.

21Acres who lives in my area flew out to LA and drove his back.

It depends it you don't want to add the miles to the car. You could do a rental with trailer. You are still stuck with the cost of getting there and driving back.

There may also be the option of ship cars now. They ship via rail in covered transports.

http://www.shipcarsnow.com/articles/RailHistory.html

But I believe they are going to possibly be higher priced than a competitive over the road covered shipper.

The rail industry is just getting into this market. The railroads are more fuel efficient, but I do believe their prices may still be higher than truckers.

You could always check into their free quote.

In the end, my personal choice was to saddle up and RIDE! :biggrin:

Back