I'm laughing or I'd be crying!!!!

So, tomorrow I'm supposed to pick up a new RX330 and trade in the 2000 RX300. It's a surprise, didn't tell the wife that we're doing it (never tell her, it just appears in the garage, did it the last 4 cars). The deal is all set, I even dropped off the paperwork on my car yesterday. I'm driving to work this morning at 5:55am and a deer broadsides me, yup, it runs right into the driver's side of the car. Got to be a few thousand dollars worth of damage, can't open the door!!! Surprise honey!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It sucks, now today I have to call the insurance company, see if we can get an adjustor to meet at the dealers', agree on an amount, and still complete the deal tomorrow with the adjustment for damage. Not what I had planned on doing today!!!!! :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

NSXLuvr said:
Look at the bright side, atleast its not the new RX330 that got hit

Yeah, just think how bad you would be feeling if you just got the RX330 and were driving it home to stick in the garage for you wife. You could have been like, "Honey, I got you a new car AND a dead deer! That's how much I love you!" :smile:

Oh deer!Roger-I'm sorry to hear this stroke of bad luck.You may want to think about getting a hunting license for next season,,revenge is sweet.On the more serious side you could have been injured so :smile:

Viper Driver said:
Are you going to get one of those giant bows for it on Christmas morning?

On the deer or on the car?

All kidding aside. What actually did happen to the deer? Did he die? Run back into the woods wounded? Was there blood on the car?

Update, no work for me today. Got to the insurance company, met the adjuster at the body shop the dealer uses, they'll get back to me with the numbers, probably north of $5,000. Bob, can't sue the deer, it was a big doe, and the police found it DOA, can we go after the "spouse" maybe a "buck" or so there (LOL) No bra on the Lexus, but I was thinking of putting brush guards on it the way the MRS. drives, but in this case, it wouldn't have helped as the deer broadsided me. I did get the dealer to agree to the large red bow (on the car), all I can say is this sucks!!!!! :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

No bra on the Lexus, but I was thinking of putting brush guards on it the way the MRS. drives

Well if she drives anything like my wife, you're gonna need curb feelers too.

I made the same swap for my wife.
An 02 RX300 for an 04 RX330.
I dont know why she likes it. But she does.
Wife gets what wife wants.

My friend had a buck run into his front fender,turned around and dented the door, then turned around again and hit the rear quarter panel.
Killed his entire side of the truck.

I don't mean to go off topic, but what made you guys decide on the RX 300/330 instead of say the MDX?

White92 said:
I don't mean to go off topic, but what made you guys decide on the RX 300/330 instead of say the MDX?
like I said "Wife gets what wife wants."
By the way,are you married?

fannsx said:

In this case the wife doesn't know it's a surprise. She loves the Lexus, and while the MDX is a great vehicle, it's not as luxurious as the Lexus, and doesn't have some of the bells and whistles!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

fannsx said:

Yes, I'm married. But luckily for me, my wife thinks a car is to get from point A to point B. She trusts me when buying cars and likes whatever I picked out. She wouldn't care if it were an RX330 or an MDX. I would pick the MDX based on my own tastes and she would still love it. She's getting better though. She now knows the relationship between Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus and Nissan/Infiniti. She can also spot the difference between model year Accords, Civics and such. Where a few years ago, she would be describing different cars based off of color alone.

My wife basically wants anything with a Lexus emblem. But surprisingly,she asked for an MB yesterday.I guess I will worry about that in a few years from now.

Sorry to hear about the deer accident. Here in the southwest/desert we have deer as well. I was in a rental car when I almost hit a deer. Fortunately I have pretty good night vision and was able to spot the deer in time to slow down, honk at the deer, and scare it away.

At least it wasn't your NSX that got damaged, that would hurt more.

Merry NSXmas!!

Back