If anyone is interested in a 91 for 5500$

I have not verified this guys ad yet, I am going to see if I can set up a time to check the car out this week. But here's the add

http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/1403064235.html

1991 ACURA NSX...EXCELLENT CAR...SPORTY...HARD TO FIND...316-207-9420

THE GOOD: AC, TRANNY, INTERIOR, EXTERIOR HAS NO DAMAGES....NADA BOOK FOR 1991 IS AROUND $20, 000...
THINK ABOUT WHEN U SEE THIS PRICE...IT DOES HAVE 118K MILES...

THE BAD: NEEDS NEW ENGINE...I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AROUND FOR 2 MONTHS AND I CANNOT FIND ONE...ONLY 1 AVAILABLE IN CALIFORNIA FROM JAPAN ENGINES FOR $10K...YEP...I'M NOT KIDDING I DIDNT WANT IT CUZ IT HAS MORE MILEAGE THAN THIS CAR...CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF...

SO IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY WANTING THIS...CALL...ELSE DONT BOTHER CUZ I WONT PICK UP THE PHONE...ONCE I FIND AN ENGINE...U WILL SEE ME ON THE STREET WITH THIS....SO BE JEALOUS...LOL

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

there are pics in the advertisement.

If anyone is interested in the car, and would like me to go check it out for them let me know. I'd pick it up in a heartbeat for a parts car if I had somewhere to store it.

Again I have not verified this ad to see whether its a scam or not. As far as I was aware, there was only one red/black nsx in my town and its a friend of mine.

Last edited:
It's a scam, I have seen those pictures before. Is there anyone in Wichita that can see this car in person!

Me. I'm going to try this week and see if he will give me an appt to check the car out.

As far as I know there's only 3 nsx's in town, including mine, and this was not one of them. So i dunno, but i'm going to check it out this week and let you guys know what the deal is.

Sounds like a scam - I bet the car is not there in Wichita. I bet this guy will tell you it's somewhere else. We'll see. Good luck. If all it needs is an engine and it's only got 100k on it ....etc.....it's a scam. :rolleyes: Anyone knows you can have an engine built - so what is the engine missing???? It's stolen or something. Man I can't wait to hear the next issue from Eclipse on this deal. Total BS -- good luck Eclipse - interested to hear back from you after you talk to this goober.

This just doesn't pass the sniff test but ask guy why he has also listed the following vehicles in ads linked to that phone number:

1997 Taurus 103,000 miles $1400
1998 Grand Prix 130,000 miles
2001 Kia Sephia $1450
1990 Maxima - 160,000 miles $1450 ("original owner")

I thought Eclipsed was going to try and see the car this past weekend? So what's happnin Eclipsed? We're all waiting with "baited breath"! You're kind of leaving us high and dry.

RSO asks some great questions - did a little research did ya? Good for you RSO and everyone - obviously this guy must either be a dealer or a total scammer. Has ads all over trying to catch a "fish" looks like to me.:rolleyes:

If it sounds too good to be true.... and the seller writes in broken English, it is most likely a SCAM.

This wrecked one on e-bay is currently at $6,700 with the reserve not met. (1 day 10 hrs left)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3a536f79d7

maybe it belongs to somebody here on prime?

We are waiting to hear back on this post though... ever get to see it live?
(somehow I suspect not, since it appears to have scam written all over it)

If it is real (I don't believe it), then maybe the buyer could buy the one on eBay since it has an engine and put it in the $5,500 one...

Last edited:
If it sounds too good to be true.... and the seller writes in broken English, it is most likely a SCAM.

This wrecked one on e-bay is currently at $6,700 with the reserve not met. (1 day 10 hrs left)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3a536f79d7

maybe it belongs to somebody here on prime?

We are waiting to hear back on this post though... ever get to see it live?
(somehow I suspect not, since it appears to have scam written all over it)

If it is real (I don't believe it), then maybe the buyer could buy the one on eBay since it has an engine and put it in the $5,500 one...

** here's the engine for the other car, not bad, an NSX for $14k with parts to spare. Too bad it's a scam.(most likely)

Back