I regret selling the NSX, big time! now what?

So, no possibility for The Noble M12 GTO?

A more exotic, nicer, FASTER and more refined Elise?

Noble.M12GTO-3R.preview.jpg

If youre considering an Elise because what you are looking for is an inexpensive toy, why not an OLDER NSX? You may even be able to find a nice SC'd one that is more car then your last one at less money.

Also, how about an S2000? I had one for a few years. That is in an incredible car. The fun never ended

nchopp said:
Another vote for an older NSX. How about the SOS 3.8l NA upgrade, then maybe some FI action? You could build an early NSX to hell and back with the amount of cash saved over a new(er) model...

And the SMOG nazi's in California would send him to hell and back if he ever attempted to drive it on the street. :biggrin: That is if he went with the stroker kit and any FI except for the Comptech kit.

Otto

I second Otto's comment! Living in California made my decision to go with the CTSC instead of the SOS stroker kit much easier.

SPA_S2000 said:
Also, how about an S2000? I had one for a few years. That is in an incredible car. The fun never ended

Yup, great idea. The fun never ends that's why I still have my S2k

Simons2k said:
Yup, great idea. The fun never ends that's why I still have my S2k

For a street car, a used AP1 is an unbeatable value at the moment IMHO at just under half off. The S2K doesn't provide the same bad ass feeling the NSX does... but the fun factor is just as high, tuning easier due the larger member base, and its definitely more considerate of the wallet on mainteance items- far less than the other more expensive offerings eluded.
I really don't consider the Elise as exactly a must have deal right now.

Quite likely- with what you may have lost on CA sales tax & registration fees flipping the other vehicles, you could have been near clear on an S2K already which would have freed you up to attend more events and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Forget the M3..although nice and having a rear seat it is NOT an exotic...Elise/ Exige is nothing more than a trackday car and has major build quality issues and IMHO is a glorified kit-car with its Toyota sourced engine... The Noble IS a kit-car..nuff said....Z06 is a really good car and quite a value but I fully understand that whole Corvette image thing but if you drive one you will be surprised out how it feels.....The Boxster/ Cayman's while nice seem too common to me as every secretary in NY seems to drive one and after all they are built in Finland!...A nice pre-enjoyed 355 berlinetta can be had for 60-70k right now but make sure the service has been DEALER maintained....or you could just get another NSX and do some radical mods!

After selling my first one back in May, there was NO other replacement for me when it came to looks, reliability, performance, rareness, etc...Thats why I got my 2nd NSX last month, I waited out my favorite color (Sebring Silver)and got lucky when one finally showed up locally...
Get another NSX or your next post will be titled "I regret not getting another NSX":biggrin:

Good luck, I'm sure you'll make the right choice..may the Force be with you..

Has about a Maserati GT? They have a 4 year/50k mile warranty. I've seen 2-3 year old Maseratis drop over 30k to somewhere in the mid-50k range. They also come with 2 rear seats for the kids if you get the coupe. If you get the convertible, its only a 2 seater.

Here is one...

http://www.drautos.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=268739&sessionkey={81DDD9C1-A5BB-4A8A-9B45-D2F22DBC9EE1}

Or a QVale Mangusta ($41k)

http://www.drautos.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=250076&sessionkey={81DDD9C1-A5BB-4A8A-9B45-D2F22DBC9EE1}

wctsao said:
Has about a Maserati GT? They have a 4 year/50k mile warranty. I've seen 2-3 year old Maseratis drop over 30k to somewhere in the mid-50k range. They also come with 2 rear seats for the kids if you get the coupe. If you get the convertible, its only a 2 seater.

Here is one...

http://www.drautos.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=268739&sessionkey={81DDD9C1-A5BB-4A8A-9B45-D2F22DBC9EE1}

http://www.drautos.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=250076&sessionkey={81DDD9C1-A5BB-4A8A-9B45-D2F22DBC9EE1}

Besides the name, I think Maseratis are not so attractive.

Vizal said:
Besides the name, I think Maseratis are not so attractive.
thats putting it nicely....that one on the bottom is gawd awful!!!:eek:

91 X said:
thats putting it nicely....that one on the bottom is gawd awful!!!:eek:

I agree that the Red doesn't bring out its lines, but another color would. The second car is a QVale, not Maserati. Both don't look too bad in person.

wctsao said:

Here is one...

Be careful with this one, before I got the NSX, I thought of the spider (don't see a lot of them, I like to be different), I test drove it, great engine sound, but just couldn't get comfortable in the seat, the bolsters (non adjustable)cut me right in the middle of my shoulder blades, if you can't sit in it for 5 minutes without pain, how're you going to drive it aggresively with a smile on your face???:confused:

Jack realestate prices in Ca. are down 3% from this time last year and I anticipate they will drop another 5 to 10% in the next 12 to 16 months. I suggest you look at that bigger house you wanted and forget the toy until we close on your loan. 36 months from now you will thank me.
Dan

Agree with the advice on property however prices have not dropped and are NOT projected to drop in California. The RATE OF INCREASE has slowed from double digit yearly rates to single digit rates. Prices are still on the rise but at a slower RATE. Homes are taking a bit longer to sell.

Bobolinski said:
Jack realestate prices in Ca. are down 3% from this time last year and I anticipate they will drop another 5 to 10% in the next 12 to 16 months. I suggest you look at that bigger house you wanted and forget the toy until we close on your loan. 36 months from now you will thank me.
Dan
hey stranger. dude give me a call man. need to catch up!

supra2nv said:
I appreciate everyone's comments. Just to clarify some things. THe only reason I sold the NSX was because of time, not money, nor to buy something more practical. Idea was to sell now, maybe rebuy in a year when the little girl is older and I have more time to use the car. It is obvious to me that I cannot handle being without a sports car. So, now the search is on, but not aggressively. I am flirting with another NSX as I truly love the car. It will likely be silver again (my favorite color) unless I find white. I am not a white person, but in the NSX it is very elegant, plus rare. In any case, if I aim to get a white one, then my search would take longer and would satisfy my original idea of waiting to get another one...

Viper is out of the question now. I searched the forums and those guys have too much testosterone for my taste.

Z06 is out of the question since my wife cannot stand the image of the typical corvette driver (yes i know it is not typical, but to her its the same). also, it suffers from "dime a dozen syndrome."

Porsche 911 is out of the question only due to "dime a dozen" syndrome."

Cayman, ehh...I saw it at the auto show on Thursday, did not do ANYTHING for me.

M3, also too common.

Elise is still a posibility. They are inexpensive, they are fun, exotic, rare, and I wouldnt feel guilty letting that sit in the garage all the time since it would tie up less cash in the first place.

Don't rule out the Viper because of some of the people that drive them(and the people that post on the forums are mostly kids or racers and don't represent the average owner).
The SRT10 is a way more evolved car than the ones that came before it and as a true drop top it give you a different experience than the NSX. No heating issues, awesome breaking and not as cheap inside as it's parents. A bit better than 8 mpg as well unless you are flooring it all over the place. I wouldn't buy new because they take a big depreciation kick the first year or two but you can get used with under 10,000 miles for 60ish. At least give one a drive before you rule it out. They aren't a weekend only car anymore. http://www.viperalley.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1229&sort=2&cat=2&page=1

Last edited:
2000 Ferrari 360. It's the only car within the 3x the price range of my NSX that I would consider. Few cars have the experience I am looking for. The NSX has "it" and so does the 360.

• Under $100k now
  • Ferrari's response to the NSX, good quality car
  • You can get a 6spd or F1 transmission
  • Add a Tubi or Capristo and it will sound perfect (stock is sweet too!)
  • The car it seem like everyone wants their NSX to sound like
  • Depreciation is pretty slow once they drop under $100k, if you find a good deal you can sell it in a year for what you paid for it today.
  • If you can only afford $60-$70k, get a F355. :smile:

Jack,

Just to remind you and everyone here that the 3.8L stroker motor can pass smog. It just depends how you tune it....the people who want max power out of it will not pass smog. Also it will be reliable just like a regular nsx motor.....that was its intention of design by Jon M. Good luck on your car hunt. :smile:

Back