I need help guys!!

Iv got the money, im just not trying to spend all of it if i dont have too, unfortunetly im trying to find an nsx-t 6spd id really love to find a yellow w/blk int. and low mileage... Im just wondering if i should settle for less and just get an older one and save a lot of $ and just put it back into it..but iv pretty much set my heart on the targa 6 spd...Can you guys give me some kinda advice? Do you think the targa and 6spd is worth the extra thousands...do you think the 3.0 is that much noticably dif then the 3.2 w/20 less hp? If anyone can help thanks guys!

also

have you ever heard of anyone or know if and who i could get to convert the hard top into the targa?

I think you've already answered your question. You want the targa 6 speed... get it.

It will cost more to do the conversion to a targa. And you would be hard pressed to find one member of nsxprime who would advise you to attempt a conversion like that.

So go get that yellow and remember to follow this: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/nsx_purchase_process.htm
It can save you thousands.

Best of luck

I agree with hlweyl. I think you should get what you want, and not settle for less.

Sometimes, people ask whether the extra cost for the 3.2 and the -T (it's NOT a targa) is worth it. That's a legitimate question, but the answer depends on (a) how much you want the 3.2 NSX-T(whether you would regret it if you bought the less expensive model), and (b) whether your finances permit you to spend the extra money (typically ~$6-8K for the 3.0 liter -T over the 3.0 liter Coupe, and another ~$8-12K for the 3.2 liter -T over the 3.0 liter -T).

In your case, you really want the 3.2-liter NSX-T. Get it. If you can't afford it now, keep saving up until you can.

(As for converting a coupe into an NSX-T, look at the numbers. You would be buying a car for around $30K, spending another $5-10K converting it into a removable roof, and ending up with a car worth $25-30K, because few people want the poor quality of a -T conversion compared with the real thing. Compare that against buying an existing NSX-T for $35-40K and ending up with a car worth $35-40K. This one's a no-brainer.)

There are a couple of yellow's on 'Prime listing right now - one is super clean but has "high" miles so is attractively priced in consideration. But remember, it's a Honda - it will run well into the mid 100K's & beyond as long as the pm's are done at the correct intervals; just recognize that it will be priced appropriately to reflect the miles (at both purchase & re-sale).
Also, on a similar note to your T conversion question, I would strongly recommend against re-painting (as you suggested in your "WTB ad) - the value of a re-painted NSX is seriously degraded, especially with a colour change. If you plan to keep forever, great but recognize that at re-sale you will not only lose the investment of the re-paint, you will likely find a negative factor associated with it.
Regarding the performance differences, spend $2K on headers & exhaust and your performance is the same; spend $8-10K on a 9 lb turbo or comptech SC & you'll blow away the "T"; spend $20K for a 15-20lb turbo on a built motor & you're look at 500HP+ and just about anything you can imagine in your rear-view mirror.

Good luck with finding your dream car - when you get it, hope it's all you expect & much more!

Never settle for less then you want or you will never be satisfied with what you selected. An NSX is much like a fine women, there is not one that can fullfill anyone's exact desire!!

An NSX is much like a fine women, there is not one that can fullfill anyone's exact desire!!

I don't know 'bout that, ever been to Mitchell Brothers in SF :eek:

D'Ecosse said:
I would strongly recommend against re-painting (as you suggested in your "WTB ad) - the value of a re-painted NSX is seriously degraded, especially with a colour change. If you plan to keep forever, great but recognize that at re-sale you will not only lose the investment of the re-paint, you will likely find a negative factor associated with it.
I agree. Besides, you should have no problem finding a used NSX with the gorgeous factory finish in the color you want (yellow).

D'Ecosse said:
There are a couple of yellow's on 'Prime listing right now - one is super clean but has "high" miles so is attractively priced in consideration. But remember, it's a Honda - it will run well into the mid 100K's & beyond as long as the pm's are done at the correct intervals; just recognize that it will be priced appropriately to reflect the miles (at both purchase & re-sale).

This super clean example wouldn't happen to be my car would it? :D

Back