I got rear-ended today in the vette.

Chances are he goes the same way to work every day around the same time.
I would go to the same intersection about 30 min early tomorrow and just by the side of the road and look for him.

The vette can be fixed, to bad your racism can't.

Armando

Think the better word would be 'prejudice.'

Sorry to hear about your car, even if it isn't an NSX.

I got rear ended by someone a few years back in my G35. He pleaded with me not to call the cops and then began to throw a tantrum as I dialled. I was seriously preparing for a brawl. Obviously he had something to hide. Not that it matters, but he was white.

There was no way I was not going to file a police report. 7K in damage, not to mention the apparent reduction in value of the car by virtue of the accident.

Turns out, suspended license, and apparently warrants for his arrest. He was hauled off on the spot. Thank Jesus he had insurance. However, the car was never the same and I sold it shortly thereafter.

Last edited:
I am not from Iran Armando you have Paranoia, insecurity & racism issues and if I was from Iran you and I would be in a cage match dont be a hypocrite!

If your car gets hit and run and you file a police report it will ask, the person gender, height, weight, race, date, location comprende is that clear enough, Netviper gave a description of the person who hit his car.

You must stay busy being judge and jury huh.

Yes officer, he was Hispanic,Iranian, Chinese and he probably didnt have a license or insurance.

Armando

If your car gets hit and run and you file a police report it will ask, the person gender, height, weight, race, date, location comprende is that clear enough, Netviper gave a description of the person who hit his car.

If this is the case then he should have stopped at "He was hispanic.." and not continued with "probably here illegally with no drivers license and insurance."

This guy happend to be hispanic. That is a fact. It doesn't matter to me. There is nothing racist in my post.

First of all, I'm sorry for your misfortune and having been the victim of a hit and run myself I feel your pain.

But...

I'm not trying to be a dick but how do you know he was hispanic and how do you know that to be "a fact"?

Assholes come in all shapes, sizes and colors and just because this guy was dark skinned does not make him illegal nor does it make him hispanic.

Just my two cents. I don't think hispanic is a nationality, its a description. I get lumped into that description all the time. Am I from Mexico or anywhere in Latin or South America? Nope. I was actually born and raised from the Philippines. Technically I should be classed as Asian or Pacific Islander. But what do cops and others think of me? Hispanic. Does it bother me? Nope. I'd have probably said similar things that NetViper did. If the cop asks, I'd say yup, looked like some hispanic guy (if I did indeed see the guy). Can't say Mexican or anything else, because I don't know that.

Last edited:
Just my two cents. I don't think hispanic is not a nationality, its a description. I get lumped into that description all the time. Am I from Mexico or anywhere in Latin or South America? Nope. I am actually born and raised from the Philippines. Technically I should be classed as Asian or Pacific Islander. But what do cops and others think of me? Hispanic. Does it bother me? Nope. I'd have probably said similar things that NetViper did. If the cop asks, I'd say yup, looked like some hispanic guy (if I did indeed see the guy). Can't say Mexican or anything else, because I don't know that.

maybe you meant to say "I don't think hispanic is a nationality"? or "I think hispanic is not a nationality.:smile:

maybe you meant to say "I don't think hispanic is a nationality"? or "I think hispanic is not a nationality.:smile:

Whoops, my bad, must have got coffee from the decaf pot again. Edited. :tongue:

YELLOW ROSE WERE ARE YOU!!!! J/K, sorry to hear about the mishap netviper. All you can do is let the insurance handle it. Unfortunately i known some people that went through hard times and couldn't afford insurance. I know it sucks, but if you can get it fixed, its just a bumper. Ive been through worse on a hit and run but i caught him and got a plate number. After a year he did go to jail. good luck.

Its nice to see you and miami brought the "old " prime back.:biggrin:

POST PICS!

You must stay busy being judge and jury huh.

Yes officer, he was Hispanic,Iranian, Chinese and he probably didnt have a license or insurance.

Armando

Acutally, the office said he probably ran because of those things. The officer was black by the way. -- since race seems important to you. He said this is pretty common here.

You really are an asshole. Don't you have anything better to do? I do hope we meet one day Armando. I will buy you some grey goose. I will be moving to your state very soon.

Last edited:
First of all, I'm sorry for your misfortune and having been the victim of a hit and run myself I feel your pain.

But...

I'm not trying to be a dick but how do you know he was hispanic and how do you know that to be "a fact"?

Assholes come in all shapes, sizes and colors and just because this guy was dark skinned does not make him illegal nor does it make him hispanic.

FYI, I said it is a fact because I stared RIGHT AT HIM from 4ft away before he peeled off. I gave my description as best I could. I could easily pick him out of a lineup. Hopefully that is satisfactory for you.

Acutally, the office said he probably ran because of those things. The officer was black by the way. -- since race seems important to you. He said this is pretty common here.

Ah ok since the "office" said it then its ok for you to be the same way.

You really are an asshole. Don't you have anything better to do? I do hope we meet one day Armando. I will buy you some grey goose. I will be moving to your state very soon.

I am flattered but you had your chance back in the good NSX Prime days, I'm married now.

Kisses
Armando

He was hispanic... probably here illegally with no drivers license and insurance.

A recent survey by Infinity Insurance Companies and Hispanic Research revealed that some areas with a high concentration of Hispanics have an uninsured motorist rate as high as 32.8%. (Link to article) Other southern states also show a disproportionately high number of uninsured Hispanic motorists.

I'll bet that over 50% of Hispanic hit-and-run drivers are uninsured, regardless of whether or not they're here illegally.

Guys, it's not prejudice if it's true.

I will apologize to those that were offended by my comments about this guy being illegal, uninsured or having no license. I was angry and whether or not the statements are true, they were probably not the PC thing to say.

I just want to find this guy and make sure he doesn't do it to anyone else or worse kill someone.

I will apologize to those that were offended by my comments about hispanics. I was angry and whether or not the statements are true, they were probably not the PC thing to say. I just want to find this guy and make sure he doesn't do it to anyone else or worse kill someone.

Good man!:smile:

A recent survey by Infinity Insurance Companies and Hispanic Research revealed that some areas with a high concentration of Hispanics have an uninsured motorist rate as high as 32.8%. (Link to article) Other southern states also show a disproportionately high number of uninsured Hispanic motorists.

I'll bet that over 50% of Hispanic hit-and-run drivers are uninsured, regardless of whether or not they're here illegally.

Guys, it's not prejudice if it's true.

It is prejudice. Pre-judging without knowing facts. But that doesn't mean its wrong. Humans would be ignorant if they had no prejudices. You base your actions in the future on events in the past.

Those stats you read are telling. So...why not make an educated guess and figure the man doesn't have insurance. You'd *probably* be right.

This racism mumbo jumbo is often taken too far.

Are we arguing semantics?

Of course the literal definition of 'prejudice' is a preconceived notion or opinion. But I believe that the use of the word in the context of racial discrimination usually implies that an irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group or race exists.

I'm simply pointing out that there is a reasonable, factual basis to the man's assumption.

Note: I'm talking about the driver being uninsured, not about being an illegal or having no license.

Hey if it was our car that was hit I think many of us would have been mad and probably said something we regret later. I don't believe Dave is a racist but I can see him getting pissed and ranting to his friend on prime about what happened. If someone runs after hitting you especially when the damage is not severe you can have a good assumption that they either had no insurance, had a criminal record or some other problem. As they say let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Sorry about your car Dave

Hey if it was our car that was hit I think many of us would have been mad and probably said something we regret later.

Nothing was said...... it was typed, plenty of time to edit your thoughts.

I don't believe Dave is a racist but I can see him getting pissed and ranting to his friend on prime about what happened.

What friend?

If someone runs after hitting you especially when the damage is not severe you can have a good assumption that they either had no insurance, had a criminal record or some other problem.

The rant wasnt about the person runiing, but the color or lack thereof their skin.

As they say let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Who says that ? Moses?

Armando

Back