I finally found my NSX.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share that I bought my NSX today from Phoenix. It is a 97 blk/blk, 6-speed, 23K miles and I LOVE IT. It feels so much different from my past 94. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Mark Basch at his shop. He was the mechanic for the car and I found him to be a very pleasant man. Considering his situation right now with his wife's surgery, he still had the time and effort to fix a mirror problem and gave me some free car bra bolts. His reputation definitely proceeds him in a very good way. This experience just confirms what many people on this board feel about his efforts. I plan to continue having this car serviced by Mark Basch in Phoenix. Thanks Frank and Mark for helping me make a good decision.

Sam

I'm awaiting an opportunity to meet more fellow NSXers in the southern california area.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Quit taking our NSXs!!! :mad:

J/K :D. Congrats Sam, we hope you will also return to Phoenix for some of our NSX events. Until then, take good care of her.

Ennesssex said:
Considering his (MB) painful situation right now
Did something happen? Is Mark okay?

Congrats on the new car!

Ennesssex said:
I plan to continue having this car serviced by Mark Basch in Phoenix.
Mark is terrific, but that's kind of far for you, no?

If you get stuck and need service someplace closer to home, you can go to Mark's former protege, Nick, at Applied Motorsports in Oceanside...

Since I haven't driven an NSX for over 2 years, my feelings that the 97 is faster might be a little biased. Although in the books its .5 seconds faster, I'm not sure if I can tell the difference. In any case, its fast enough for me.

Yes, Marks shop is a little bit farther for me but his first impression that he left with me was great. I really appreciated his effort and in return I am willing to have it serviced at a farther location. He apparently told me also that because of the drive, he would give me a discount.

Mark in Phoenix

Hello All,

I also purchased a 1997 NSX a few weeks ago in Phoenix and had Mark service the car for the first time. I can say I have never received such service from a mechanic shop. The technician who changed the oil Tom was so helpful and pleasant to speak with. I highly recommend Mark's team. I also had a chance to meet Chris at SOS and I can tell you from first impressions I will have them not only service my car, but Chris will add the mods that I want.

P.S. Mark didn't even know who I was but spent the time to look up a problem that I had with the EPS on ACURA'S website at 6:30pm

Sincerely

Kris

Back