I can believe people in for sale forum trying to get clean title prices for salvaged

I can't believe people in forsale forum trying to get clean title prices for salvaged

O4-05 going for 60k? Wth?

EDIT: CAN'T

Last edited:
its a free market, they can ask whatever they like... doesn't mean they will get it, but you never know... i'd love to get $20k more than my car is worth. lol.

Rule of thumb, salvage equals 50% of non salvage.

To ME, a 02+ salvage is worth 28-30k.

we should all post our NSX for sale and add 50% to the actual value of the NSX.

And keep this policy revolving so that if someone were to have their NSX "totaled" and the insurance companies were to make a market value comparison the insured would smile for a long time....

we should all post our NSX for sale and add 50% to the actual value of the NSX.

And keep this policy revolving so that if someone were to have their NSX "totaled" and the insurance companies were to make a market value comparison the insured would smile for a long time....

Plus, we could effectively raise the value for NSX's in general.

I think 50% is a fairly broad statement - it depends on the history of the car.

when it comes to salvaged 99% of time there is no history. Many people buy salvage at auctions to fix up and resale. There is no history of any kind at these auctions. Once in a while you will get lucky and have an actual owner whos car got totalled and has all history who buys it back from insurance and then either fixes it back up for cheaper price or sells it as-is to make extra money.

when it comes to salvaged 99% of time there is no history. Many people buy salvage at auctions to fix up and resale. There is no history of any kind at these auctions. Once in a while you will get lucky and have an actual owner whos car got totalled and has all history who buys it back from insurance and then either fixes it back up for cheaper price or sells it as-is to make extra money.

I think it is a little crazy, but what I feel it is worth is neither here nor there... All it takes is one buyer to value a car.

Last edited:
Rule of thumb, salvage equals 50% of non salvage.

To ME, a 02+ salvage is worth 28-30k.

I agree. I wouldn't touch a salvage 02 for more the 25K. It would have to have low milage, be fixed perfect. I would need all documents, and receipts of everything that was replaced on the car, and pictures to back up what was done. Then and only then will it be remotely worth buying and going threw the process of registering and insuring the a salvage branded car in NY.

$25k is a tad low, perhaps that is what YOU would pay, but i remember checking out an NA2 selling for $38k i believe. turned out to be salvaged... the body work was slapped together poorly and the taillight was cracked. regardless, it sold. now this wasn't even a bugeye'd version and it went for that much. would I pay that much for it? if it were repaired properly and there was no frame damage, then that would be a steal.

Dont blame the sellers.. Blame the people that keep buying them at those prices :confused:

..and they will sell at or close to the asking price, there is no rhyme or reason to it when its an NSX. None of this BS <=50% value. Nope, not in the NSX-world. These cars hold their value well.

I am glad since my 2004 is so over priced for some people and I am in contact with the original ower and have all documents to prove this car wasnt just slapped together to make a buck.

My build took me over 1 year to complete thats far far from being slapped together.

my build thread was pic for pic every step to bring her back to life. I did a great job documenting the build
with pics to back it up

my 04 has no frame damage it was never wrapped around a tree.

no-one died in it

my 04 doesnt have pop-up lights

and it looks better than ANY NSX compared.

bring me a perfect mint NSX and stand it next to mine and I know my 04 would win.

as for my price i did state OBO 59.9K is not set in stone.
I actually dont want to sell it. just put it up there to see what kinda bites i get.

there is a difference from a salvaged Honda Accord and an NSX

NSX is a high end car and the other is a dime a dozen.

Last edited:
I mean shit, that 2005 with 24K mile on IAAI wrecked sold at auction for a whopping 37.8K salvaged.

and I am sure they are not parting it out.

I saw a 91 NSX that was as flat as a pancake sold for 19K

even a wrecked NSX hold its value like no other car.

cant say that about any other car period

Back