I am down to 2928 wet

This was with a full tank of gas. I just hopped on the scale at the track that was just calibrated. I am even lighter than I expected. This is also with NT01's at 235/275. 3200 pounds is stock, I have really taken 300 pounds out of the car. My dieting has have paid off!!

4F246E4D-6B14-476F-A675-985966B44139-1514-000000EDF19ACDBD_zps6f5de848.jpg

Last edited:
You know the dieters get made fun of a lot... "I would lose more weight if I took a dump than what you are trying to save there". But when it adds up to 200,300, or 400 pounds.... That's a huge difference. Long live the weight watchers! Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I will be at 2850 or so very soon. On a targa. With AC and no safety items removed.

Last edited:
What's your diet secret plans?

Nice Dave, I think I am at 2850 on a targa right now too :) I still haven't taken out my ABS (need kit still) or done the DF 02 conversion (have the parts) or swapped my EPS for manual steering (also have a rebuilt manual rack ready) or done the Phryxis battery (have zanardi now) so I am shooting for 2750 on a targa.

I am curious if your KW competition is lighter than the V3. The V3 were significantly lighter than the Type R I removed. Did you weigh them before install?

Last edited:
Nero the KW competitions were 11-12 pounds WITH monoball top hats and the VRH cups sitting on them. I don't have weights without the cups.

Last edited:
How did you get there? I.E. what mods have you done?

How did you get there? I.E. what mods have you done?

Major weight reduction nods I can remember:

Lose: targa engine cover, spare tire (won't work with my BBK anyway), tools, floor mats, compressor, power antenna, cats, trunk release.

Change: GT1 headers, titanium exhaust, engine brace, Downforce hood, wing. Changed coilovers to KW aluminum body, steel calipers to 2-piece stoptech. Wheels from OEM to Advan RSII. Stereo to a single speaker for now, no sub. Battery to Shorai Lithium, side scoops to DF carbon ones.

Added: STMPO front brace, CTSC, CRF harness bar.

Plan to change: seats with fixed mounts -40
Clutch and flywheel -20
Steering wheel and airbag -15
B-pillar panels -5
Rear hatch to Lexan -18

So there is another 100 pounds putting me at 2830. I am sure I can find another 30 some place and be at 279x wet. That's under 2700 dry weight. Pretty svelte for a Targa.

Last edited:
that's awesome...im trying to get my car weight down too. luckily my Tein RA are light as f even though they ride harsh haha

Is the 2928 with driver as well?

I'm at 3030 including ~170lb driver at ~1/4 tank of gas on a '92 Coupe

Weight-bearing changes:
-Advan RZ
-ABS Updated to 01+
-Power antenna delete
-Headers, high-flow cats, ARK tailpipe
-Various wiring components (antenna cables, ABS control unit, car phone)
~KW V3 (steel body)
+STMPO front bar
+Dali Type Q swaybars

To toot my own horn, I drove a car with an OEM sized battery and it was immediately noticeable how much lazier the steering felt. We swapped cars and he agreed that my car had a much sharper turn in. It was the first time driving cars back to back and the change was quite drastic.

That's an impressive weight you car has !!

You have the 2002 model NSX, which is already a lot lighter than the older model due to the lighter headlight assembly.
Other than that, you've made some significant improvements.

I haven't put my car on a scale yet since I've mounted the CTSC, but according to my calculations my car should be around 3025 lbs (1372 Kg) at the moment.
I am still thinking about the 2002+ ABS system ($$$), different steering wheel (I don't think you will save 15 lbs there though) and in the future.
At the same time, however, loosing weight has lost a bit of its urgency since the CTSC was installed. Less is always better of course, but with around 400 HP, the Lbs/Hp (or KG/Pk) has already dropped dramatically.

To toot my own horn, I drove a car with an OEM sized battery and it was immediately noticeable how much lazier the steering felt. We swapped cars and he agreed that my car had a much sharper turn in. It was the first time driving cars back to back and the change was quite drastic.

Phryxis you know I love my Shorai and your mount. It is truly a great upgrade and hude weight savings. But I also try to be really objective and call things like they are, as I feel there sometimes information on prime that is not 100% accurate. One are is with Chassis bracing, where a lot of claims are made that IMO aren't based on actual fact. Making the car lighter and losing weight in general is always good. Not just for acceleration but turning, braking, and response. But I have some doubts whether than 30 pound weight change that is somewhat center and slightly behind the front axle line will make a difference in steering feel you can notice on the street. There is roughly 1500 pounds on the front axle. Although 30 pounds is a lot, it is about a 5% change. For you to notice is a 5% change in weight on the street would be pretty difficult. I am not saying you DID NOT feel anything, or that it was imagination, I am saying what you felt can come from a few pounds more pressure in the front tires... a difference in wear or brand of tires.... a slightly different sway bar, spring rates, or even a slight difference in any alignment setting. Unless all these are exactly the same, and you are driving the exact same coarse, at high speeds, it would not be that easy to feel the difference. I know some others claim this as well, I am just pointing out that based on numbers and the science of things, it would be difficult. Having said all of this, the lithium battery has been one of my best mods. I recommend it to anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the 2928 with driver as well?

I'm at 3030 including ~170lb driver at ~1/4 tank of gas on a '92 Coupe

Weight-bearing changes:
-Advan RZ
-ABS Updated to 01+
-Power antenna delete
-Headers, high-flow cats, ARK tailpipe
-Various wiring components (antenna cables, ABS control unit, car phone)
~KW V3 (steel body)
+STMPO front bar
+Dali Type Q swaybars

No not with driver, but a full tank of gas. you were at 1/4. 3/4 of a tank is probably 12-13 gallons. At 6.6 pounds per gallon, that is roughly 75 or so pounds. So you without a driver would be at roughly the same weight as me, which is really good, even for a coupe.

I wonder what a coupe would score? prob 500lbs or more vs a targa LOL so it would be 2428 yikes

i wonder what a coupe would score? Prob 500lbs or more vs a targa lol so it would be 2428 yikes

huh??

- - - Updated - - -

Something interesting is the front and rear distribution is almost even now!

Since you mention it...

Current Corner weights:
LF: 642
RF: 627
LR: 902
RR: 859
(that's 50.5% cross-weight, 41.9%F 58.1%R)

[edit: above is with driver]

Last edited:
WOW why are you so rear heavy? Yoir F/R ratio is so different than mine. Billy what year is your car?

Lol, I think the bigger question is how your's is so front-heavy. 42/58 should be factory, so I'm really only a smidge off of that. I didn't think you could do THAT much weight-jacking.

Back