I almost got killed today :(

I parked on the left side of this store, then I walked across the front and as I go to enter the automatic door starts to open. Just then this truck smashes through the front of the store.
The glass starts flying everywhere, this truck had just missed me by less than 2ft. :eek:
I duck my head as the glass was raining down, when I look back up the truck is IN the store all the way to the front counter.
I was shocked, a few seconds later the guy driving puts it in park hops out of the truck, then walks around the truck to the back. Opens both rear doors, grabs his empty case of bottles, closes both doors, heads up to what is left of the front counter. The entire time the 2 employees just stood there behind the counter not saying a word. The driver puts the case in front of one of the startled employees. The employee yells WTF am I going to do with that! The guy slurs I need my deposit back!
The guy behind the counter grabs the empty case and trough's it at the truck.
The guy driving the truck was so drunk he had no idea that he drove his truck in the store. He even left it running with the radio on.
The employee started yelling at the guy, so he then goes in his truck grabs his back pack and tries to leave. They stop him and tell him to take a seat, he then starts to pass out.
The truck is still running with the radio on, so I reach in and turn it off.
I then decide to run back to the shop and get my camera, because nobody is going to believe this one.
The only funny thing is, the guy works for my old competitors company, he use to under bid us on a ton of jobs.

This was the door I was entering when it happened.

9f1e5622.jpg

24ca86cb.jpg

66d4385f.jpg

79cda57a.jpg

bag.jpg

9e1a30d0.jpg

0931f57f.jpg

I love the kids mocking the drunk driver. :)

kids.jpg

kids2.jpg

FAR OUT... you were very fortunate!!! Thank goodness you are safe. Amazing story. To be honest when i first saw the thread title I thought you and Meeeyatch1 had had another race.

Holy crap....you're one lucky bastard.

p.s. look at the guy bringing back empties of lucky..hehe el cheapo!!

10 bucks says the drunk driver was on Molson Stock Ale :biggrin:

Holy $hit. That was a close call. Glad you're okay.

I don't think they have any hot tubs and spas where he's going to be spending the next few months to years. :biggrin:

a916.jpg

Minimum one-year driving suspension....might make it tough for him to drive the work truck. I'd say he's going to get a much heavier penalty..depending on how many times could be mandatory jail time

Thanks boys, I am fine now.
I just went down the street to the Liquor store and got some Grey Goose and Hennessey, all is good now! :biggrin:

Maybe it was an out-of-towner who drank the extra strong beer you guys have up there in Canada and wanted to get his deposit back before he came back to the states..

Close call! Glad you weren't hurt.

Prova4re said:
the guy driving puts it in park hops out of the truck, then walks around the truck to the back. Opens both rear doors, grabs his empty case of bottles, closes both doors, heads up to what is left of the front counter. The entire time the 2 employees just stood there behind the counter not saying a word. The driver puts the case in front of one of the startled employees. The employee yells WTF am I going to do with that! The guy slurs I need my deposit back!
The guy behind the counter grabs the empty case and trough's it at the truck.

I swear that sounds like something from a movie... If it were in a movie it would probably be one of those Burt Reynolds flicks from the 80's- like "Cannonball Run" or something- except Dom DeLouise would be in the passenger seat wearing a cape, and talking to a hampster...

Okay, first and foremost, I'm glad you're okay.

But secondly BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

That story is hilarious. Those kids make it a classic!!

HAHAHHAHA...that made my day.

Bri, good that you are okay... Now go buy a mega ball ticket....
You may want to stop by the church of your choice and give whomever you pray to, their propers...
Glad he missed buddy, I wouldn't have anyone to bitch and moan to on the phone....:smile:

Back