HSV road version......

LOL You wouldn't know what it looked as you'd be constantly eating/choking on it's dust:biggrin:

Well I could at least try to scare it a little bit off the line. LOL

Other than the two quotes I haven't seen anything saying Honda was going back to the drawing board and doing a hybrid sportscar. From everything Ito has said the CRz is Hondas new sportscar. He ( Ito ) hasn't mentioned any enthusiast projects and hasn't sounded interested in any.

Just Google "Honda HSV Development" and that'll take you to the aforementioned articles. But you don't need those articles to validate the idea. Though they're over a year old, the text you quoted in one of your posts indicated the same.

As for the RL, I'd love for the new iteration to be viable modern interpretation of the Legend. And I like Honcho's thoughts, the Legend really was at the pinnacle of Acura design so far. I've always toyed with the idea of rebuilding a Type II 6 speed coupe just so I can enjoy driving one again. However, I'm afraid the hybrid v6 is the drivetrain direction the new RL will be going. But it could be good if the performance and fuel economy numbers are there. We'll have to wait and see...

Here's some good news for the Mid-Engine crowd, sure it's no NSX, but it's something positive to report coming out of Honda.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1006_honda_to_fuse_s2000_beat_into_one/index.html

honda-beat-S2000-sketch.jpg

Last edited:
They should indeed name the RL Back to Legend (they are still known as Legends out side of north america)

Also giving extra engine options to the Legend won't hurt i think in the US maybe a V8 version with slightly larger wheel base to compete with 7 Series,

A new Legend Coupe would also be great.

Last edited:
Ive always loved the old legend coupe typeII 6mt!!! To this day its a rare and beautiful car!

Someone at Tamiya had an idea what the HSV-010 GT and NSX replacement was going to look like, as this HSV inspired "Torcruiser" model has been out for a while.

top.jpg

Back