HSV road version......

Here is a rendition of a road going HSV. Dont know if u guys saw it already but i think its hot!!!

honda-hsv-010-gt-rac_1024x0w.jpg

yeah I saw this before, think on here.

The real life version actually looked like this.

Since it's all daydream talk this would be the perfect turn around car for Honda. It would certainly stop all the "what's wrong with Honda talk" and set the stage for an enthusiast Honda return.

Attachments

• car_photo_268302_25.jpg
    car_photo_268302_25.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 436
  • car_photo_268299_25.jpg
    car_photo_268299_25.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 376
  • PHOTO_1371820_7276_1747949_main.jpg
    PHOTO_1371820_7276_1747949_main.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 326
  • as_nsx-01.jpg
    as_nsx-01.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 316
The original pic looks to be based off the race car. I still dont know how they would fit a v10 or even a v8 in there!!

This race version, even this cleaned up example for the streets, is much better looking (IMHO) than the previous renditions of the HSV.

Looks good!

Looks ready to take on the 599 GTB!

as long as it falls between the GTR's $90,000.00 the LS-V's $375,000.00 price tag i think it would be a real contender. i like 'street' versions posted after the op's post more than i do the racecar rendition. just my $0.02

as long as it falls between the GTR's $90,000.00 the LS-V's $375,000.00 price tag i think it would be a real contender. i like 'street' versions posted after the op's post more than i do the racecar rendition. just my $0.02

Nice thinking but the car itself is scrapped. Nothing in the pipeline from Honda unfortunately. Right now they're trying to make up for all the ground they've lost riding on reputation than their trademark engineering.

Current pres is not even considering a sports car so we'd have to wait and see if a new head leads in that direction then you have to go through development all over again. Figure about 10 years.

Nice thinking but the car itself is scrapped.

Rather the project is stalled as any further development has been cancelled. However, it obviously still lives as the HSV-10 race car so not all development work was for naught.

I am thinking that if they don't hurry up when it comes time to change cars I might have to go for a 575 or GTR. I really wish Honda will pull their thumb out of their A$$!

Rather the project is stalled as any further development has been cancelled. However, it obviously still lives as the HSV-10 race car so not all development work was for naught.

No not stalled canceled. The car was production ready. We found that out when had made it's case for the HSV010. The development team was also disbanded.

The only hope we have is this quote from Dick Coliver
Can the NSX rise from the grave?

Posted on 02.4.2009 12:00 by Myles Kornblatt
Filed under: Acura | Acura NSX | sports cars

Honda is an efficient company. It likes to get the most out of its investments, and that’s what kept us hopeful when we first heard the news of the cancelation of the Acura NSX. Dick Colliver, executive VP for American Honda Motor Co., recently helped emphasize our hopes. According to him the NSX could be revived at any time, and even more "development is mostly done." We already knew this but its good to know that people inside Honda are ready to dust off the NSX project when the world’s economy recovers.

And this
Now, John Watts, Acura’s senior manager of product development, has revealed that the notion of an Acura sports car is not dead but just revised. Instead of targeting expensive supercars and performance thoroughbreds like the Ferrari F430, Nissan GT-R and upcoming Lexus LF-A, Acura is planning to release a much tamer sports car, possibly derived from one of the brand’s current platforms.

The NSX was “too high a halo,” Watts explained. “For it to be fully effective [as a halo vehicle for the brand], it couldn’t be too far removed” from Acura’s other products. This means that the new sports car will likely be priced much lower than the NSX and performance will probably more along the lines of the Nissan 370Z rather than the GT-R.

Though it’s good to hear that Acura is still planning to launch a sports model, it is somewhat sad that the world may never see the 600 horsepower V10 supercar rumored to be in the works.

So in other words it will probably perform like a NA2 NSX:rolleyes:

So in other words it will probably perform like a NA2 NSX:rolleyes:

Oh Nooooooooooo!

Why oh why! The NA2 was already weak in 1997!

Oh Nooooooooooo!

Why oh why! The NA2 was already weak in 1997!

LOL Actually Honda would have to screw up pretty bad to put it back at NA2 levels.

Supposedly Hondas working on a new engine and the HSV platform is perfect for it. A 3.5 with a hybrid and less than 3500lbs ( this should be possible given the TL 6spd SHAWD is 3800lbs ) should put it at near V8 R8/911/Cayman S levels.

I hate to get excited but I honestly don't need V10 power so a V6 hybrid would be fine with me. Be nice if Honda didn't throw the car away completely. Have my doubts though:rolleyes:

LOL Actually Honda would have to screw up pretty bad to put it back at NA2 levels.

Supposedly Hondas working on a new engine and the HSV platform is perfect for it. A 3.5 with a hybrid and less than 3500lbs ( this should be possible given the TL 6spd SHAWD is 3800lbs ) should put it at near V8 R8/911/Cayman S levels.

I hate to get excited but I honestly don't need V10 power so a V6 hybrid would be fine with me. Be nice if Honda didn't throw the car away completely. Have my doubts though:rolleyes:

I have my doubts too. We've been hearing about "Advanced VTEC" (i.e., fully-variable cams) since 2006 and Honda still has not released an engine in any car that uses it. Moreover, TDI is becoming the new performance standard (look at the Ford Taurus SHO- amazing) and Honda as of now has no plans to develop it. We've also been hearing about the replacement for the J-series V6 since 2007 and so far nada. And, the HSV V10 engine is on a shelf collecting dust somewhere in the bowels of Honda's development center in Japan. You can't build a car when you don't have an engine.

The article I linked to earlier sums it up perfectly. Honda is adrift and losing hard-won market ground to its competitors. The Toyota safety debacle should have been Honda’s golden opportunity to leap to the forefront in terms of quality and technology. Instead, it pulled out of F1, killed the S2000, scrapped the HSV, cancelled the new Acura luxury platform entirely, recycled its tired old FWD platforms and released a less-than-impressive hybrid that still loses massive ground to the Prius. Result? The winners are Hyundai, Ford and Nissan.

In light of all this, Honda’s response? The CR-Z and Accord Crosstour. Really? Really??? Honda is losing a market position that took 40 years to build. It used to be an innovator, but now just sits there and lets other car companies bring out the cutting-edge technology. It used to make lightweight, reliable cars that were fun to drive and efficient. Now, the new Accord is almost 3700 lbs. That’s a THOUSAND POUNDS heavier than the much loved CB-chassis 4th-gen Accord that helped build Honda’s reputation. The Civic has gained about 500 lbs and lost its front and rear double wishbone suspension. How is that progress? What the heck is going on over there? Who’s steering the ship?

It’s not that hard to fix, just set some goals for pete’s sake! Honda still has some excellent engineers, so give them something to shoot for. Target the Accord to loose 500 lbs with better safety, 35mpg hwy from the V6 and 40 from the I4, class-leading driving performance all at a 5% reduction in cost. Don’t like turbos? Fine. Give me a V6 with 120hp per liter, PZEV, and no maintenance for 105,000 miles. Challenge them! They will develop new and innovative ways to achieve these goals. Honda just has to make up its mind and set them.

Perry is right. We will see no new sports car. The smartest and cheapest thing for Honda to do is restart the S2000 and roll out a NA3 NSX with modern brakes and whatever the new V6 ends up being. Blame the “pause” in production on the bad economy. But Honda won’t do that. Instead, year after year we will just get the same litany of “plans” and “development” while the rest of the car world keeps innovating and releasing excellent cars.

I just bought a 2009 RDX. It is great. It feels like a Honda. It was also designed in 2005. I am soon going to have to buy another car. If I were going to get another new one, it would probably be a Ford or Nissan product. But, I’ll probably end up with a nice 2004 TL, which compared to the bloated monstrosity of 2010, is the last vestige of a Honda that increasingly seems to be a great company of the past.

I have my doubts too. We've been hearing about "Advanced VTEC" (i.e., fully-variable cams) since 2006 and Honda still has not released an engine in any car that uses it. Moreover, TDI is becoming the new performance standard (look at the Ford Taurus SHO- amazing) and Honda as of now has no plans to develop it. We've also been hearing about the replacement for the J-series V6 since 2007 and so far nada. And, the HSV V10 engine is on a shelf collecting dust somewhere in the bowels of Honda's development center in Japan. You can't build a car when you don't have an engine.

The article I linked to earlier sums it up perfectly. Honda is adrift and losing hard-won market ground to its competitors. The Toyota safety debacle should have been Honda’s golden opportunity to leap to the forefront in terms of quality and technology. Instead, it pulled out of F1, killed the S2000, scrapped the HSV, cancelled the new Acura luxury platform entirely, recycled its tired old FWD platforms and released a less-than-impressive hybrid that still loses massive ground to the Prius. Result? The winners are Hyundai, Ford and Nissan.

In light of all this, Honda’s response? The CR-Z and Accord Crosstour. Really? Really??? Honda is losing a market position that took 40 years to build. It used to be an innovator, but now just sits there and lets other car companies bring out the cutting-edge technology. It used to make lightweight, reliable cars that were fun to drive and efficient. Now, the new Accord is almost 3700 lbs. That’s a THOUSAND POUNDS heavier than the much loved CB-chassis 4th-gen Accord that helped build Honda’s reputation. The Civic has gained about 500 lbs and lost its front and rear double wishbone suspension. How is that progress? What the heck is going on over there? Who’s steering the ship?

It’s not that hard to fix, just set some goals for pete’s sake! Honda still has some excellent engineers, so give them something to shoot for. Target the Accord to loose 500 lbs with better safety, 35mpg hwy from the V6 and 40 from the I4, class-leading driving performance all at a 5% reduction in cost. Don’t like turbos? Fine. Give me a V6 with 120hp per liter, PZEV, and no maintenance for 105,000 miles. Challenge them! They will develop new and innovative ways to achieve these goals. Honda just has to make up its mind and set them.

Perry is right. We will see no new sports car. The smartest and cheapest thing for Honda to do is restart the S2000 and roll out a NA3 NSX with modern brakes and whatever the new V6 ends up being. Blame the “pause” in production on the bad economy. But Honda won’t do that. Instead, year after year we will just get the same litany of “plans” and “development” while the rest of the car world keeps innovating and releasing excellent cars.

I just bought a 2009 RDX. It is great. It feels like a Honda. It was also designed in 2005. I am soon going to have to buy another car. If I were going to get another new one, it would probably be a Ford or Nissan product. But, I’ll probably end up with a nice 2004 TL, which compared to the bloated monstrosity of 2010, is the last vestige of a Honda that increasingly seems to be a great company of the past.

Well said. Except for the last part. I challenge you to drive the new 6spd and make the same statement. Say what you want about looks but the new TL far outperforms the old one.

Well said. Except for the last part. I challenge you to drive the new 6spd and make the same statement. Say what you want about looks but the new TL far outperforms the old one.

Sorry bro I don't care how it performs it still has a fricken beak! :tongue::wink:

Sorry bro I don't care how it performs it still has a fricken beak! :tongue::wink:

LOL You wouldn't know what it looked as you'd be constantly eating/choking on it's dust:biggrin:

No not stalled canceled. The car was production ready. We found that out when had made it's case for the HSV010. The development team was also disbanded.

The project is stalled and development cancelled. The car everyone saw on the Nurburgring is not going to happen (or rather will likely not happen) because the v10 just wasn't going to work given Ito's new-found tree hugger sentimentality. However, that doesn't mean the HSV project is cancelled at all. What it does mean is that Honda is going to go back to the drawing board with a different HSV concept that's in line with what Honda feels are it's corporate responsibilites. Read up on more recent news articles concerning the HSV. There's a difference b/t stalled and cancelled and it's important to understand their meanings.

Look for a hybrid v6 drivetrain from the upcoming RL to power the next Honda sports car. Which is why the CR-Z is a much more important car to us than we realize.

The project is stalled and development cancelled. The car everyone saw on the Nurburgring is not going to happen (or rather will likely not happen) because the v10 just wasn't going to work given Ito's new-found tree hugger sentimentality. However, that doesn't mean the HSV project is cancelled at all. What it does mean is that Honda is going to go back to the drawing board with a different HSV concept that's in line with what Honda feels are it's corporate responsibilites. Read up on more recent news articles concerning the HSV. There's a difference b/t stalled and cancelled and it's important to understand their meanings.

Look for a hybrid v6 drivetrain from the upcoming RL to power the next Honda sports car. Which is why the CR-Z is a much more important car to us than we realize.

:confused: Do you have a link to something? As Ito said Honda didn't have the money or the technology for what he wanted to see in a sports car. They have the money now but no new tech. I've heard Honda is working a 2.4l sporty coupe ,but other than the articles I've posted I haven't seen anything.

We still don't have any real details on the next RL and for a car that's supposed to be out next year as a 2012 model it seems kinda odd. I mean we saw HSV stuff in 2007. I know they had to take the Civic redesign back to the board and the same had to happen to the RL since it was supposed to be V8 and RWD. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the RL gets cancelled all together.

:confused: Do you have a link to something?

A link to which exactly? Everything within my post is readily accessible on the interweb. Everything...except the info about the new RL which is from a reliable source.

A link to which exactly? Everything within my post is readily accessible on the interweb. Everything...except the info about the new RL which is from a reliable source.

Other than the two quotes I haven't seen anything saying Honda was going back to the drawing board and doing a hybrid sportscar. From everything Ito has said the CRz is Hondas new sportscar. He ( Ito ) hasn't mentioned any enthusiast projects and hasn't sounded interested in any.

We will never see the HSV in the form on that rendering because of new NHTSA crash standards. The nose is too low. If you look at most new cars (including the HSV prototype), the hood height is higher because of this.

As for the RL, that godawful car has been limping along for over a decade. Talk about vanilla. Honda took one of the most attractive luxury cars of the 90's- the Acura LEGEND - and turned it into this mess. A V6 hybrid? If it is anything like the 2010 TL redesign, I shudder. :) A big fat car with a huge chrome schnozz on the front. I was secretly hoping they would go back to the old Legend body style with the new platform.

Perry is right, the underlying SH-AWD platform is viable. I have it on my RDX and it is amazing. The styling and branding is just way off. In Paul's perfect world, here is what Acura should do:

Entry-Level Sporty: Integra. Bring back this car. It has a huge follwing, brand identity and gets young professionals in the door to the Acura brand. Use a K20 5MT for the base and a K24 6MT with 8500 rpm for the Type R. Offer in 2 and 4-doors. FWD.

Mid-Level Sedan: TL. Go back to the 2004-2008 smaller platform, which was a huge seller. The new car is too big and competes with the RL. To mix things up, offer a coupe version. FWD with SH-AWD optional.

Small SUV: RDX. I own one. I love it. My only request is to bump the MPG. I get about 26 on the highway and would like to see closer to 30.

Large SUV: MDX. The quintessential luxury SUV. Don't change a thing.

Flagship Sedan: Legend. Go back to the 90's car lines with a modern look. Use a detuned engine from the GT car. SH-AWD standard. Advanced VTEC fully-variable cams.

GT Sports Coupe: ????. Dust off the HSV chassis. Lose the V10 and throw in a high-output V6 that is shared with the Legend. SH-AWD standard with optional F1 sportshift.

Pure Sports: NSX. Same powertrain as GT coupe. Mid-engine transverse. Use the NA2/HSC chassis with bold styling. 9000 rpm limit with 6MT or optional F1 sportshift. SH-AWD standard in base and Type S. RWD in Type R. Aim for Corvette C6 and base 911 market.

Back