how much 4 a 97 auto

What is a fair price for a red 97 auto,35k miles. carfax shows 1 accident in 1999? Good condition, in North east area

I purchase in California my 95 Red/Tan Auto in Sept 06 for $36,000 w/ 63K Miles. Car is stock and was in very good condition with all services up-to-date including T-belt and Wtr pump. Previous owner installed Kenwood Nav/CD/DVD system plus Cobra Alarm and auto start. He also repainted the wheels and installed new front tires (rear tires needed replacement).

A 97 Blue/Tan Auto sold in Las Vegas last July/August for $35,000. I can't recall the mileage. I never saw the car in person, but the photos did not reveal any major issues. The car sold very quickly suggesting that it was a very good deal.

Good Luck

Depending on the condition, 35 - 40k is appropriate. :smile:

Edit: The car mentioned above is mine ('97 Monte Carlo Blue, w/ tan leather). This car was in very good mecahnical condition, but had a few cosmetic issues. Some paint work and having the wheels redone made a big difference. The automatic transmission cars are quite rare; if you find one that is sound mechanically, it will probably be sold quickly. This car is without a doubt the best (and most enjoyable) automobile I have ever owned.

Last edited:
Hey TAG - congratulations, I was ready to fly to Las Vegas to buy that car, but you beat me to it. If your financing had fallen through I may very well own a 97 Blue/Tan vs a 95 red/Tan!

Hey TAG - congratulations, I was ready to fly to Las Vegas to buy that car, but you beat me to it. If your financing had fallen through I may very well own a 97 Blue/Tan vs a 95 red/Tan!

Yes, I was very happy to get the car. :biggrin: As I said earlier, there were cosmetic issues; I paid about what the car was worth (maybe a little less, but not much). I have already put several thousand dollars into the car to improve the appearance and will continue the process until I have it the way I want it.

Someone didn't buy the car because of these cosmetic issues (thank goodness) allowing me the chance to purchase it. Finding a mechanically sound auto trans. model is quite difficult as anyone who has looked for one will attest to. I was not about to quibble with the owner over the cosmetic condition of the car, because I knew a couple thousand judiciously spent would clean the car up quite nicely.

Tag, you own one of two '97 Monte Carlo Blue/Tan NSX's ever made. My father owned one a few years ago and it was my favorite color combination.

Congrats. :smile:

That's a beautiful photo Doc, thank's for sharing. :smile: Here's one of mine after having the entire front end of the car repainted.

Garage2.jpg

Hello-I was the guy in California that did not buy the car. I drove to Las Vegas and looked at the car. Yes, it did have a few issues with the paint and interior, but it drove quite nicely. It sounds like you are bringing it back to superb condition. You have a very rare color combo NSX and it should give you many years of enjoyment.

I ended up with a 97 Spa Yellow automatic, that I found on Autotrader.com in Portland Oregon. This is my 3rd NSX and I can't tell you how much more I enjoy the car with the automatic trans.:biggrin:

Cheers
FIRENSX

The Spa Yellow is one of my three favorite colors for the NSX. Please post a photo if you have time. Thanks again for allowing me the chance to buy the '97. I had a bad experience just before finding this car; I flew across the county to view/buy a car only to find that the owner had misrepresented the mechanical condition of the car. :frown:

Monte Carlo Blue... very nice.

On topic -- I would NOT pay much more more than 30k for a pre-02 AUTO, because you aren't getting much other than year/mileage. Same engine as 91. Same tranny as 91 auto. Suspension may or may not be the same (manual had a lot of changes, but auto...who knows). You just get the targa. Which is NOT good on highways, for commuting, where you'd want an auto NSX anyway.

You really give up a lot when you get left foot lazy with these cars.

Monte Carlo Blue... very nice.

On topic -- I would NOT pay much more more than 30k for a pre-02 AUTO, because you aren't getting much other than year/mileage. Same engine as 91. Same tranny as 91 auto. Suspension may or may not be the same (manual had a lot of changes, but auto...who knows). You just get the targa. Which is NOT good on highways, for commuting, where you'd want an auto NSX anyway.

You really give up a lot when you get left foot lazy with these cars.

Please believe me when I say that neither you nor your comments are welcome in this thread.

You just get the targa???? Man I got SCAMMED on my coupe then!!!! The suspension/brakes changed with the times, too. Just the engines/trannys didn't.

The '97 automatic transmission model had all the '97 upgrades except those that applied specifically to the engine and manual transmission. Even if you paid a few extra dollars, be happy you were able to get a healthy NSX. :smile:

Just test drove it ,nice tight car, but I had the urge to shift all the time. They were firm at 39K and were givivg me 39K for my 06 vette, No deal that is a 35k car max!

Please believe me when I say that neither you nor your comments are welcome in this thread.

I do believe you (please believe ME) -- and I do not care.

I wouldn't spend a $ more for a 97 auto than a 96. But, obviously, I will spend quite a bit more for a 2005 6speed manual. I'm aware of the "other" changes but they aren't things I would pay materially more for.

Tag,
Your car looks beautiful. Congratulations !

Thanks... :smile: My wife loves it too; she can't drive a manual transmission car, so this is a daily driver that she can enjoy as well. As for me, I also have a 2.0L race prepared Integra Type R that I drive in track days and time-trial events here in Nevada and Southern California.

Back