How many of you daily drive your NSX?

heathbar0 said:
hugh ...no comment on the picture?

What's there to say? I am doing my best to catch up though! My '93 had a measly 70,000 miles on it when I bought it 2 years ago. Now it's approaching 155,000 so I'm doing my part!

I call the odometer the "giggle meter". Every time I look at it I just laugh knowing that just about any other car in the world would have been relegated to the scrap head long before it reached a six figure mileage mark.

160K miles. Need to replaces hoses because that is more of a time factor than a milage factor. The BAS went out at 150K and I haven't bothered to replace. Lost starter at 150K as well.

Hugh said:
I was dead serious. They're overhyped, ugly, and as common as pick-up trucks at the Daytona 500. I also have personal reasons for shunning German cars but that's not a topic of discussion for here.

Well like me you are not old enough to have been in WW2 but your father could have been. So I’m thinking either your x wife is German or you are Jewish or you were once run over by a BMW.

Regards,

Patrick

I just picked up a new 05 today and I expect to drive it every day unless there is snow for the next few years. I have no doubt about the quality and reliability of these cars when properly maintained.....Steve

NetViper said:
Damn! 340K. How many miles does it have today!

We have some work to do to catch him....better get off of Prime and start driving!! :biggrin:

Mine is a daily driver only when my other car or truck is down or in the shop. I drive 80 miles round trip to work and I also enjoy the ride home from Fresno to San Diego on the Highway twice a month 300 miles one way. You set the cruise at about 75/80 and just relax. Couldnt ask for a better ride. :biggrin:

I've only had mine for about two weeks and I think about driving it on a daily basis. The only problem is that mine is a '94 (White) with only 18,900 miles. I don't want to run up the miles on it, but I definately like driving it better than my '03 Viper SRT-10. I'm actually thinking about getting rid of the Dodge because I like the NSX so much.

:biggrin: ...I drive her almost every day, rain or shine...ask 91X:smile: ...I don't guilty until
I go to a gathering of NSX's or drop it off at GreenLight and see other, pristine copies...however the guilt is short lived

I wish I could but Skylights dont fit in the truck. In my M3 I used a folding ladder that fit perfectly in the truck, I went on many est, that way.

NSX is reliable for daily driving, but the road conditions and snow in Minnesota only allow me to get it out on the weekends. Plus I worry about parking issues and getting door dings.

I drive a TSX everyday. Sucks going from one car to the other because of the difference in clutch feel and gear box.

Good Luck.

I drive into the city every day with no problems. But will put it away when there is snow and ice outside. 17 Months 15k Miles since new......Steve

Your reasoning could apply to a LOT of cars. Maybe the "almighty" NSX is overhyped as well? It has been in production for ONLY 15 years with no real makeover with a price tag of $89k:rolleyes:

Anyways, to get back on topic, I personally don't believe that the NSX makes a great daily. Reliable and comfortable yes. But convienent? you have limited cabin space/trunk space/head + leg room and the stock stereo system isn't all that great.

If you want a awesome daily that is well rounded in performance and comfort, look elsewhere like the 911's (:eek: yes I said it) or the E46 M3's. They have much more interior cabin space with performance that is equal or near equal to that of an NSX (3.2).

just my 0.02

I don't drive my NSX daily but that is mostly because it isn't insured for the mileage it would get as a daily driver.

I think the NSX is a fine daily driver for someone who doesn't need more seating. It has plenty of room for most people, a very useable trunk, and very good gas mileage. In past vehicles I would have replace the audio - but the NSX audio is easily as good as what I have heard in BMWs and Porsches.

I bought my 91 NSX just last November 2007 odometer reads 128K I didnt mind it coz the car was very clean , no dings or whatever just the normal wear and tear of the seats, car already had a lot of extra goodies on it like NSX-R transmission w/ the ring & pinion set, taitec headers, taitec exhaust, bilstein shocks, kenisis 3 pc. wheels and I put new Falken Azenix RT615's, RM intake (carbon) and RM ECU, only thing I added was the H&R springs, Auto Shine Lip Spoiler, HID conversion, and a double Din sound system w/ navi & blue tooth. I had to change the slave cylinder for the clutch, I changed all 6 ignition coils, wow did that make a big difference in response, I also changed all the valve cover gaskets coz I painted the covers wrinkle black. I drive this car everyday and I average 40 to 50 miles a day, and it has been so reliable, airconditioning is super cool, rides and drive really good, and I really enjoy driving this car more than my 600whp Evo 8, which is so hard to drive around, try driving a car with a Tilton twin plate carbon clutch and you will know what I mean, thats the reason why I bought the NSX, I want a car thats reliable, fancy, turns heads, fast but wish it could be even faster, and most of all value does not depreciate. This has been the best car I ever bought and this car I will keep forever :)

Mine is a dialy driver as well. I put 20k+ miles in 2 years and I feel like I barely get to drive it:biggrin: Can't get enough. All those hours wasted working,sleeping.... could of done better:smile:

Mine is a daily too.

I do have another vehicle to use when it is needed, but I drive it to work, groceries, video and liquor store, etc...

Works great. 30k km, which is about 22k miles.

Wow, this thread is back from the dead.
Just an update since it's been bumped, I bought an NSX 18 months ago, and I've put 25,000 miles on it so far
icon14.gif

Knock on wood, no worries, no issues, no major costs, nothing. I've had it in the hardest rain you can imagine, I had it in freezing temps and 100+ degree temps. This has to be the highest quality supercar ever made.

Do the daily work commute in my 95.

If you're compaining about the audio, you have the wrong exhuast.

Why worry about the milage? So someone else can enjoy the NSX?

I put 18k miles in 17 months on my 2005 NSX. The first 1500 of those miles were in the 24 hours after I bought the car from a dealership though. :tongue:

Now she's sitting storage waiting for papa to come home. :frown:

Another daily driver chiming in. Also used for food runs at work, going to gym, shopping, groceries and even Costco. On schedule to average 15,000 miles/year. I'm bit anal with parking though.

Back