How does it feel to buy an NSX?

nsxtasy said:
I was confused by this as well.

Hey Brian, I realize that Tony said his new baby only has 16k miles on it, but it is still a '91 (a 14 year old car). Over time, parts inside the transmission oxidize regardless of use, and that builds up in the Transmission oil doesn't it? So why wouldn't you change it?

The maintenance schedule recommends changing the transmission fluid every 30K miles or 2 years, whichever comes first...

Here are the performance mods that I will do as the budget allows:
DC Sports Headers (-15lbs.?)
Test pipes (-15lbs.)
Tubi Exhaust (-10lbs., i'm in the group buy)
Remove Spare Tire (-32.4lbs.)
Intake (undecided at this point, recommendations?)
Remove Engine Cover (-15lbs.)
Remove Tool Kit & Air Pump (-15lbs.)
TE-37 wheel's or equivalent (+4lbs. on the rears)
Odyssey Battery (-20.4lbs.)
Suspension (-26lbs.)
Remove wipers (how much do these weigh?)
Total: ~145lbs. removed + ~25hp

Maintenance items:
Timing belt - OEM
Window regulator (passenger side only needed) - SOS
Accessory belts - OEM
Coolant hoses - OEM
New transmission fluid - Redline MT90
Oil change - Honda filter/Mobil 1 10W30
New battery - lightweight Odyssey battery
Rear diff. fluid change - Honda MTL
change ABS/ALB fluid - OEM
change brake fluid - Motul 600
Replace fuel filter & hoses - OEM
Replace coolant - OEM coolant and add water wetter
New spark plugs - NGK PFR6G-11
New water pump - OEM
Replace Anti-lock brake system high pressure hose - OEM
Vtec spool valve gaskets - OEM
Speed bleeders - Speedbleeders.com
Rebuild/replace the speaker amps - this was already done

I believe this will make the NSX driving experience more "pure" without changing or diluting it.

Here's the other pic I uploaded:
7119tonynsx3-med.jpg

-Tony

nsxtasy said:
The maintenance schedule recommends changing the transmission fluid every 30K miles or 2 years, whichever comes first...

I thought the trans and diff. share the fluid in the same housing? Is there a separate location for the diff. oil change? :confused:

AutoVation said:
...I have a few maintenance items I need to take care of (the engine has been untouched, it's a '91 with 16k miles)...

It only has 16,000 miles!!! WOW!! :eek:

Briank said:
Good catch Larry, but what about the blinker fluid?

FYI PM sent to Dave22 :wink:

Just make sure and use the Halogen fluid, and not the standard. :wink:

dnicho05 said:
Have I said lately how much I love living in Florida. :wink:

Have we mentioned how much we may have to track you down and beat you up. LOL!! :tongue: :biggrin:

Meeyatch1 said:
Have we mentioned how much we may have to track you down and beat you up. LOL!! :tongue: :biggrin:

But if your NSX is in winter storage, then you won't be able to catch me. :biggrin:

In the event that you do track me down when I am not behind the wheel of my NSX, then be prepared, because I always attempt to avert beatings by buying drinks until the person who wanted to harm me no longer remembers what they came here to do in the first place. Thats another great thing about Florida, there is always a nice bar within running distance where people can go and work things out. :biggrin:

OK back on topic now...
Tony, congratulations again on the NSX, it looks like you’ve got a good handle on what you need to get done, and what you want to add to your new toy.

Meeyatch1 said:
What is that?? When and why does it need replaced??
The spool valve gaskets, or rubber O-rings, typically harden, crack, and leak oil after so many years. You can either wait till you see some oil leakage coming out of them to replace them, or if you like your engine always nice and clean, then you can replace them as preventative maintenance every so many years.

Last edited:
Back