How bout them Lakers?

Talk about the trade they did....wow...I think it was a good move!! :biggrin: Vladimir Radmonovic for Adam Morrison and Shannon Brown...WOOT WOOT! We'll see how they hold up with the new two against the CAVs tomorrow afternoon.

Talk about the trade they did....wow...I think it was a good move!! :biggrin: Vladimir Radmonovic for Adam Morrison and Shannon Brown...WOOT WOOT! We'll see how they hold up with the new two against the CAVs tomorrow afternoon.

Vladimir is WAY better then both those guys times 2!!! They aint playing in college anymore. Rad's D and understanding of the triangle is something they wont be getting out of the new guys. No idea why that went down. I think Phil didnt like VR cuz he was late to meetings and shit..lol

Vladimir is WAY better then both those guys times 2!!! They aint playing in college anymore. Rad's D and understanding of the triangle is something they wont be getting out of the new guys. No idea why that went down. I think Phil didnt like VR cuz he was late to meetings and shit..lol

Haha, good point. But Vladimir is not getting any minutes? Why? I don't know...but with him on the bench, what's the point of having him? Backup maybe? But there are already two guys who already play the position of small forward and that's Walton and Ariza. These two new "boots" for the Lakers are young SO I THINK it's good that they can learn off what they already know and improve their game. Seems to me that players that are traded to the Lakers better their game from their previous team, so we'll see how this plays out. Just read that the two won't be playing tomorrow afterall. So I guess their first game would be Tuesday against the Thunder...cats haha....

No mins cuz Phil doesnt like him.

You cant get Phil to talk about another year with the Lakers so why is he so intrested in "young" guys? :confused: Also, Shannon is listed as a SG, SF and Adam is listed as a SG, SF, PF...so same position pretty much...however there isnt any space on the bench for them! lol

Someone's gonna have to take the floor seats haha and that ain't Kobe alright. LoL. But you're right, Phil doesn't like Vladimir...why? I don't know either...maybe cause it's his stash, but then again Morrison is bringing in one too just like Gasol and Sasha, haha. Can't wait to see them all play tog.

I would like to see more of Sun Yue.

Rad plays awful defense! Streaky shooter too. Good riddance.

I wouldn't mind the streaky shooting but his defense resembles a strainer: people just go right on through - and that won't endear him to any coach.

The trade frees up some cap room, that's it.

I agree with ponyboy.... Rad is lazy in defense, that is why he picks up silly fouls like reaching in all the time. Yes, he is a good 3-point shooter when he is on, but, he is a stationary catch and shoot guy. He needs his space for making the shots. I think with Morrison, and Brown, the young guys can go up and down the court better and it will free up Gasol in the middle.

I would like to see more of Sun Yue.

I haven't seen any solid play out of Sun Yue. I know he doesn't get minutes but when he does it's not impressive. I saw him in 2 shoot arounds at Staples and he can't even shoot in warm ups!!!:eek: When Josh Powell gets his minimal minimal minutes, he makes a solid difference for the Lakers.

Jeff

I haven't seen any solid play out of Sun Yue. I know he doesn't get minutes but when he does it's not impressive. I saw him in 2 shoot arounds at Staples and he can't even shoot in warm ups!!!:eek: When Josh Powell gets his minimal minimal minutes, he makes a solid difference for the Lakers.

Jeff

Funny how the Laker fans at the Staples Center root for Sun Yue whenever he's on the floor getting minutes and with the ball about to shoot, as if he were Kobe..lol...but it'd be nice to see him get more minutes. I guess he needs to be able to play more to get better?

But ya, today's game is gonna be a good one and a win for the Lakers...

Funny how the Laker fans at the Staples Center root for Sun Yue whenever he's on the floor getting minutes and with the ball about to shoot, as if he were Kobe..lol...but it'd be nice to see him get more minutes. I guess he needs to be able to play more to get better?

But ya, today's game is gonna be a good one and a win for the Lakers...

He's the "rudy" of the Lakers...only reason they cheer. Kinda like Boston does for Red.

And I happen to think Rad's D with way better then the 2 they picked up for him. But its def a cap space move with Odom free next year.

Another Lake Show... Congrats to Odom and the team.

IM glad it wasnt all about Kobe/LBJ...and Im really glad I dont have to hear anything about that dam home record!

IM glad it wasnt all about Kobe/LBJ...and Im really glad I dont have to hear anything about that dam home record!

It seems like the Lakers love stopping streaks. Off the top of my head, (2) 10+ win streaks of the Celtics, and now first home loss for the Cavs. Maybe they can start a streak of their own and get a 9-peat to beat the Celtics 1959-1966 championship streak.

So many things positive for the Lakers THIS year, although the mishap with Bynum's injury from Bryant...boo, but I just hope that won't stop the big guy from not playing at least a few more games before the season ends and the playoffs begin.

Good game today...star player today I thought was Lamar Odom. Can't wait till Tuesday for the new players to play. :rolleyes:

Looks like free tacos at Yack in da box (jack in the box) tonight... Free medium curly fries until midnight with coupon from slickdeals here. Enjoy.

Vlad also came to practice late a lot and broke team rules such as going skiing and injuring himself. Phil didn't call him a space cadet for nothing. Morrison adds an aggressive offensive threat. Good move, Vlad was overpaid and was inconsistent. This Laker team is the strongest team going into Allstar weekend!

DAMN! I was looking forward to see Morrison and/or Brown play tonight but no such luck. Hopefully tomorrow against the Jazz. Can't wait for this weekend for the All-Star games.

The Lake Show is looking very strong right now. Great wins vs. the best in the East and some good trades. Good trades meaning letting go of dead weight and freeing up some cap room to resign Odom.

A part of me wishes Cupsack could get Shaqtus to come back. We need a bully in the paint.

Bynum is the future at that position. He was tearing it up last year, before his injury. And this year, was looking pretty solid as well, but darn Kobe... oh well, sic vita est.

DAMN! I was looking forward to see Morrison and/or Brown play tonight but no such luck. Hopefully tomorrow against the Jazz. Can't wait for this weekend for the All-Star games.

Phil said they wouldn't see any time before the All-Star break.

I haven't seen any solid play out of Sun Yue. I know he doesn't get minutes but when he does it's not impressive. I saw him in 2 shoot arounds at Staples and he can't even shoot in warm ups!!!:eek:
Jeff

He looked pretty good at the Olympics. Needs time to adjust to the Lakers, to the US, and to mature. I thinks he's only around 20 years old. It would be nice to have a 6'9" point guard again. :biggrin:

^^^ BOOO!!

At least the all-star break is this weekend so I guess after that we'll see some laker action from the two. Plus Bynum is the future, yes...shaq needs to stay away from the lakers cause he might spoil the friendship the lakers have developed through the years without the shaq and kobe drama.

Blah blah blah...Bynum is the future indeed. But until he becomes territorial about the paint, the bigger guards in the league are going to keep invading that space at will.

But the kid has come along way since he entered the league. I think Kareem mentoring him was the best thing the lakes could have done.

disappointing loss tonight.....:redface:

Back