Houston Drive February 19

AndyVecsey said:
If someone happened to get into an accident, from what I understand, I could be held liable for it.

Bullshit. What led to an accident are their actions, not yours. Please cite chapter and verse in the Texas vehicle law book that would hold you accountable. If I am wrong, I owe you a margarita. I was in an NSteXpo drive several years ago in Austin, where a black NSX tapped the back of (at the time brand new) yellow NSX. The two of them took care of it with the offender's insurance, and the organizer of the event was never involved.

sent you a pm.

If for some reason the weather does not permit, I will try and push it back to the next weekend. So when the time gets closer I will keep a close eye on the weather channel.

I think we have between 5 and 7 NSX's on the list now.

We have changed the route slightly so after we meet at JEH, we only have to drive about 19 miles straight down 290 to get to the start of the route.

Here is a quote from a guy that drove the route today for us to make sure everything was ok with it:

"I just finished making this drive. Took about 3 hours total from bellaire (houston) texas out HWY 290 through the course and back down I-10 into Houston. VERY, VERY, nice trip. Lots of kickass scenery. No speedtraps. The only hairy moment was cresting a hill and there was a big ass longhorn staring me right in the face. They pretty much ignore the s2000 horn."

Its this weekend guys! We will probably divide into groups. So all the NSX's can go together, and S2k's and so on. So people dont have to play catch up all the time.

If you want the route we will be using on GPS, provide me with your e-mail and I will send it to you.

Yzer said:
I think we have between 5 and 7 NSX's on the list now.

We have changed the route slightly so after we meet at JEH, we only have to drive about 19 miles straight down 290 to get to the start of the route.

If the weather plays fair, count on another NSX + 1 passenger.

Also, please send the GPS route to [email protected]

The cutoff time for adding your name to the list is friday at noon. We have somone clearing out parking and getting things ready for us at JEH and he needs a cut off time. So make sure you get your name in before then.

Heres what I posted in another forum about the groups, let me know how you guys like this idea. All suggestions welcome.

Ya it will be something along those lines. Also we will probably group by model. Like all NSX's, S2k's and so on. Im still trying to figure out all of the bugs on that one. We can probably wait until we get there to do that though. I know some people are going to want to go with there friends and such.

I think I might ask first if you have friends with you that you need to ride with, then I think im going to group like this:

NSX group,
S2k group, maybe 2 groups,
RSX group with a few other cars in here,
Group A, Medium to fast pase
Group B, Medium pase
Group C, leisurely pase

Leave about 5 to 10 minutes apart.
And if you have a problem with your group just tell me and I will change your group.

Tell me how you guys like this idea.

E-mails have been sent out. I have the latest and possibly the final version of the route. Give me your e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you. It is a very well put together map thanks to Tim (kraemer007) on S2ki.

Hate to be the bearer of, but it looks as though rain is in the forcast for saturday. :frown: I hope the weather holds up.

I think if the groups leave 5 to 10 min. apart, then we would probably be a whole group again within the first half hour or so. Traffic and other things will cause us to bunch up.

Ya I saw that, but as of now its 30%. It will also be clearing up for the night. And the way that the rain is moving, hopefully the west side wont get it that much.

I was thinking about that with the groups idea. But thats why I tried to put in order of what cars I think could drive the fastest the easiest. Because by the time the first group left, the last group would have been sitting at JEH for a long time if it was over 10 minutes apart. I think its alright if 2 groups merge so long as we stay with our group and dont need to try to keep up with the group in front. The groups need to stay together, not try to beat one another in the group. We are trying to keep from having too much "catching up."

I'm new to Houston and can't make the drive, but I am going to try and meet the group at Buffalo Wild Wings. There will be two of us.
Norm
94 NSX, Red

Norm said:
I'm new to Houston and can't make the drive, but I am going to try and meet the group at Buffalo Wild Wings. There will be two of us.
Norm
94 NSX, Red

Great see you there. We will be there sometime between 5 and 6 probably. Let me know if you need my cell # and I will pm it to you so I can let you know where we are at.

Back