Honda Sports Modulo NSX

Any more info on the suspension package? Spring/damper rates? They look like NSX-R shocks painted white.

Click here for the NSX Sports Modulo catalog. Of course, it's in Japanese so not sure how helpful it is. :redface: Can anyone translate?

BTW, here is Honda's page that has videos, I think some of them are fairly new:
http://www.honda.co.jp/HDTV/ACCESS/sports-modulo-nsx/

Couple things

1. Amazing how good a stock exhaust sounds on camera but most think it's too quiet.

2. I really hate that the Japanese will make a video or book with parts in english but everything else is Japanese:mad:

Spoiler I love and can't wait for the Procar version:biggrin:

^ LOL @ the "I cant wait to see some one copy a part that probably has a quarter mil in tooling and R&D in it, so my broke butt can buy it for 400 bucks!"

^ LOL @ the "I cant wait to see some one copy a part that probably has a quarter mil in tooling and R&D in it, so my broke butt can buy it for 400 bucks!"

You obviously dont know Procar's quality (and prices)?

contributing to the downfall of authentic companies offerings. whats wrong with that!?? :rolleyes:

although... that wing is $10kUSD give or take

Just got word from Japan the modulo parts is available now for sale. So hit me up if you are interested. They are not cheap, specially the wing.

The wing is the same dry carbon multilayers process found with the NSX-R wings, and the price is the same.

The suspension is what I'm interested in, I might get a set for rainy day when my R suspension is worn out.

NSX Mugen Modulo pics from NSX Fiesta 2010. Gansan took it around Suzuka for several laps.

I took some vid of him and the car though the camera work is questionable (I know I know). At least there's some exhaust sound from this and lapping NSXs.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wk_Hq_T4r4M?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• iPhone Pics & Movies 788.jpg
    iPhone Pics & Movies 788.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 406
  • iPhone Pics & Movies 787.jpg
    iPhone Pics & Movies 787.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 401
Great video, nice to see Gansan outside of a BMI video. I don't know how I feel about the blue door cards on the inside, but overall I really like the idea behind the Modulo.

Thanks for posting the vid.

My neck is now locked @ 90 degrees counter-clockwise, your 180 finale almost had me killed :biggrin:

Great video, nice to see Gansan outside of a BMI video. I don't know how I feel about the blue door cards on the inside, but overall I really like the idea behind the Modulo.

You're being way too generous. ;) IMHO, the blue panels do look out of place especially since there isn't any other blue w/i the interior (that I saw anyway). But although the individual pieces of the car weren't my cup of tea, they seemed to look decent as a sum on the car.

Thanks for posting the vid.

My neck is now locked @ 90 degrees counter-clockwise, your 180 finale almost had me killed :biggrin:

I know...I know...even I was saying "how the frick did you mess up this video." ;)

is it just me or do i hear valves tapping in the video??

Didn't notice it then but certainly notice it now.

Vance do you know if the suspension is the same as NSX-R? The springs look different.

Just got word from Japan the modulo parts is available now for sale. So hit me up if you are interested. They are not cheap, specially the wing.

The wing is the same dry carbon multilayers process found with the NSX-R wings, and the price is the same.

The suspension is what I'm interested in, I might get a set for rainy day when my R suspension is worn out.

Vance do you know if the suspension is the same as NSX-R? The springs look different.

I know the struts are same shape as the Type R suspension (judging from the picture); therefore, it is .7 inch lower than the OEM 91 Manuel transmission.

p1.jpg

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/nsx/catalog-pdf/nsx_accessories_catalog_1106.pdf

According to the catalog:

Using the standard NA1 with manuel transmission as the bench mark with spring rate of: 100% Front and Rear:

Here are the differences:
1991M : FR 100% RR 100%
Type S: FR 203% RR 132%
Type R: FR 325% RR 218%
Sports Modulo: FR 147% RR 145%

So I'm assuming it is similar to the 91 NSX since the rate of increase is 14x% front and rear; therefore, retained the slight understeer but a firmer ride.

Hope that answers the question.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-31 at 7.54.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-10-31 at 7.54.37 PM.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
Thanks Vance. It's strange that they would go even softer than the Type-S for this product? Maybe the Japan aftermarket crowd thought the S and R rates were too high?

The rear of the Modulo is stiffer than the Type S.

I don't think they will go the Type R route because of the Type R exclusiveness. I know when my struts are out, this is what I will order and toss the old R springs over it.

Do you know anything about the seats? I would love to know how much they cost.

The suspension is not the same as the type r, The sports Modulo is 5 way adjustable.

nsxfiesta2010monday084.jpg

Last edited:
Translated from:

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/nsx/price/

Sports suspension

※ Specifications car is limited to domestic supplies. To the car other than the domestic car specifications can not be mounted.
※ separately, you must have cost adjustment work.
※ Depending on the state of the vehicle, you may need replacement parts, etc. If you can not mount or separately.
 For more information, please contact the sales company.
※ The setting of vehicle height, we have set a standard equivalent to at NSX type S. NSX Type T in the highest weight of the car
 about 8mm front, 16mm rear will decrease about. However, weight and underbody of vehicle-related equipment such as vehicle type
 may occur if the difference due to aging. Spring is a specification of one each front and rear also
 are compatible with each type of vehicle, to the front and rear ride height change will cause the difference.
Trunk spoiler
※ Specifications car is limited to domestic supplies. To the car other than the domestic car specifications can not be mounted.
※ Depending on the state of the vehicle, you may need replacement parts, etc. If you can not mount or adjustment work separately.
 For more information, please contact the sales company.
※ per low-volume production, you may get time to delivery.
※ per handmade, it may look like carbon pattern is different for each individual.
※ When you close the trunk Please do not press strongly the top and trunk spoiler.
※ If you damage or accident repair, repair is not possible.
Spline wheel nut
wheel nut + lock nut set spline
※ You can install the aluminum wheels as standard equipment.

Translated from:

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/nsx/suspension/

Mounting the benefits of
Both the characteristics and behavior of the damping force of its own setting, the five stages before and after adjustment mechanism, and ride comfort in the city, traveling winding, stable in sports driving on the track. Enhances driving pleasure and peace of mind.
Development has been thoroughly tested using a commercially available high-performance tires and tire genuine. Wider choice of tire is suspension. Setting according to the preference of the driver is possible.
Technology outline
The aim of deepening the development of the NSX early type of ride. While strengthening the damping force damper and spring rates, balance of each type follows the concept of initial. Is setting the direction of the tire is grounded on the road always "go bent wheel stable at 4". In the handling balance of understeer weakness, rising from entry to the corner, and has realized the very controllable characteristics.

Translated from:
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/nsx/spoiler/

Mounting the benefits of
Trunk spoiler wing shape, thereby increasing the ground produces a negative lift at the rear. Achieve the "aerodynamic" effective in the synergistic effect of simultaneous mounting with sports suspension, contributing to a sense of grip when rising, increases machine control, you can enjoy an exhilarating driving in sports and travel, a sense of stability of the turn-ins. When selecting, choose a dry carbon material that require high molding technology, realizing the beauty of the appropriate appearance, the quality as part of the NSX. Will contribute to reduce the weight of the vehicle by the charm of dry carbon lightness also stand out.
Technology outline
When injected into the know-how development is based on the efforts of "the effective aerodynamic concept Sports Modulo" so far. By passing under the wing of airfoil shape also in addition to the top side of the air flowing through the canopy, has been improved reduce the lifting of the rear ground. Shape is determined based on the feeling of the driver by running test, the negative lift on the rear has been demonstrated in the subsequent wind-tunnel measurement.

And a video:
http://www.honda.co.jp/movie/201100/autosalon01/

:biggrin:

To each his own I guess. But if it is for looks, it is really ugly and destroys the aesthetic lines of an NSX. If it adds functionality in terms of more downforce and less drag, then let's see the unbiased stats. Just saying ....

Exactly, you obviously understand design!

Back