Honda and F1

Perhaps this move made by Honda (referring to their decision to forgo Jordan in order to concentrate on BAR) has something to do with Jacques Villenueve's bitching about how crappy the set-up is on his car, and threatens to get his ride elsewhere next year if no improvements were planned? Just my assumption.

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 04 July 2002).]

Originally posted by ilya:
I'm disappointed as well. For Toyota to be doing better than Honda it's very first year is absolutely unnacceptable.... and I want the whole lot fired.
biggrin.gif

Maybe they aren't the leaders they once were. Very disappointing. If Toyota is finishing top three just a couple years from
now and Honda is still in the gutter, I'll be looking very closely at their next flagship exotic instead. And I will not be the only one. Take notice Honda and get your S__t together! NOW! Dammit... see now I'm all upset.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 01 April 2002).]

My sentiments exactly!
wink.gif

I noticed the correlation between the passing of Soichiro Honda back in 1990 and Honda's lack of legitimate advancements/improvements in their technology (in the NSX as well as their F-1 engines) since Senna stopped winning championship titles after 1992 season. What do you think guys?

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 04 July 2002).]

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
"Racing is supposed to be dangerous - otherwise anyone could do it"

Ehi, I like this quote!
smile.gif

Michigan NSX you are right, F1 can be boring because of a team superiority to the competition but there is always a rotation (in this order McLaren, Benetton, Williams, McLaren, Ferrari in the last 15 years dominated an "era" of the F1 championships... and averytîme after a couple years the "king" was defeated and a new king was found...). This leads to an incredible increment in the featured tecnology and for me THAT is the real show!
smile.gif

I definitelty agree and such is THE only reason why I respect F-1 so much and watch (painfully, to see HONDA powered teams fail miserably so far this year) the races.
frown.gif

I believe Fisichella to be one of the best drivers in the competition right now. He is one of the major reasons Jordan is doing as well as they are. If he was driving any of the top three vehicles (Ferrari, Williams, McLaren) he would be on the podium for most of the races. I would like to see Fisichella replace Panis at BAR next year and see what Jacque and Giancarlo can accomplish on the same team.

I'd like to give credit to Honda now (since I started this bashing thread). They are still far from winning a race but at least I do not feel ashamed anymore
wink.gif

In the qualifying Saturday they showed good things and I think that for next year we will be fighting around the 6th position every race!

Maybe in a couple (4-5) years we will be champions again!
biggrin.gif

Back