Holy mother of God

If I recall correctly, Dave has spent over $8k for this setup for those of you wondering.

DVDoughboy said:
If I recall correctly, Dave has spent over $8k for this setup for those of you wondering.

I have spent close to that :) but Dave has spent more :)

Amazing....Its almost a shame to bolt that exhaust up under the car where you can't see it as well...:tongue: Your gonna have a lot of people under your car now at meets...might as well buy some mats for them to lay on :biggrin:

Thanks guys. You are right, it is like a work of art when you see it in person. The tips did not come out well in the pics... they are purple.. in the sun they look really cool.

I have 2 other parts coming still, new Honda Jazz 02 sensors, and SARD cats.

Yes, this was very expensive and I blame that on Vance for making it seem sane to spend $3000 on headers. Thanks Vance. I laughed at him first time he told me what he spent... I think "what an idiot" is what I may have silently thought in my mind... LOL... :smile:

The valve from what I gather, has 6 points of adjustment. RPM dependent. So in "auto" mode, you can program it to open or close from 0-100% at any RPM point. You can literally "tune" the sound. In manual mode, you simply select what you want the valve to do.

Sadly, I won't get to install this for a while, because my Comptech supercharger is now on some bench in sweden, and I am still waiting to get a word on a replacement or repair on the unit. (hello comptech?!)

I chose single tip although dual tip is an option. Dual tips make the pipes too small IMO, and I like the stockish look.

I do have a baseline dyno on the car now, that's 100% stock. My next dyno will have to be with the CTSC, and then the last will be with the exhaust. I think these headers will make a big difference honestly. They look very well built and as far as I know are the only equal length headers on the market (equal length on all SIX pipes, not 3&3 like others). Will definitely post some nice sound clips. I can't wait. :tongue:

Matt, got the leather. Thanks a bunch. Will PM you soon.

You can just put on the muffler and header first to see what it sounds like. :biggrin:

Or I can put it on my car for you until you get your supercharger. :tongue: :wink:

Congrat Dave, you are a really lucky guy.

blodi said:
Your gonna have a lot of people under your car now at meets...might as well buy some mats for them to lay on :biggrin:

Or better, carry one of those mirror security guys use to check under you car :biggrin:

AC

TURBO2GO said:
Sadly, I won't get to install this for a while, because my Comptech supercharger is now on some bench in sweden, and I am still waiting to get a word on a replacement or repair on the unit. (hello comptech?!)

Not to hijack your thread but shame on Comptech for dragging this out on you. You're a far more patient and reasonable man than I am.

Beautiful pieces btw. I hope you'll provide us with some sound clips.

ediddynsx said:

Eddie, that is actually the version 2 (despite the caption), the version 5 is a bit more-elaborate; I have the version 5.1 coming, it's the same design as Dave's, but without the adjustable valve.

blodi said:
Amazing....Its almost a shame to bolt that exhaust up under the car where you can't see it as well...:tongue: Your gonna have a lot of people under your car now at meets...might as well buy some mats for them to lay on :biggrin:

That is one helluva setup!!!! looks tasty!! I say rig it up so it sits off the trunk so people can see it!!

sorry to intrude
but here is a sample of my exhaust system, did not drive it because of rain

GT-One F1 Sound Muffler Version 4 (TURBO2GO has the version 5.1)
Cantrell Headers
Test pipes

8412partsgalore.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JEFgPGtAAo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JEFgPGtAAo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

TURBO2GO should sound less quiter but with a high pitch tone, especially with that variable valve adjustment :)

That things got more plumbing in it than the men's room at the YMCA!

UNREAL!

scorp965 said:
Eddie, that is actually the version 2 (despite the caption), the version 5 is a bit more-elaborate; I have the version 5.1 coming, it's the same design as Dave's, but without the adjustable valve.

Nice then yours will be super loud all the time compared to his being adjustable. :smile:

Post some video clips when you get it on. :smile:

NSXchnk said:
sorry to intrude
but here is a sample of my exhaust system, did not drive it because of rain

GT-One F1 Sound Muffler Version 4 (TURBO2GO has the version 5.1)
Cantrell Headers
Test pipes

8412partsgalore.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JEFgPGtAAo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JEFgPGtAAo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

TURBO2GO should sound less quiter but with a high pitch tone, especially with that variable valve adjustment :)

OMG..that sounds like my NSX when I had to drive it w/o the mufflers:eek:

Is it the test pipes that make it that loud?

ediddynsx said:
Nice then yours will be super loud all the time compared to his being adjustable. :smile:

Post some video clips when you get it on. :smile:

Bah, you can hear it in person once I get it installed, in *theory* I should have it in the next 1.5 weeks, which means it would be installed in time for the next SCA early December.

Now thats what I call, True Baller Status:biggrin:

Congrats on finally getting it...how long did it take 4-5 months? I waited 3 months for mine. With the ctsc and test pipes that thing is going to be insanely loud. I gained 20rwhp on the dyno with ct headers and df intakes. I'll dyno it again when I put on the test pipes. Like to see what you get with your different headers.

If anyone wants to hear ver5.1 w/o the valve control, its in the sound clips thread.

nsxtacey said:
Congrats on finally getting it...how long did it take 4-5 months? I waited 3 months for mine. With the ctsc and test pipes that thing is going to be insanely loud. I gained 20rwhp on the dyno with ct headers and df intakes. I'll dyno it again when I put on the test pipes. Like to see what you get with your different headers.

If anyone wants to hear ver5.1 w/o the valve control, its in the sound clips thread.
CONGRATS! John!! Soundz Amazing :wink:

nsxtacey said:

Well thats why I got the valve control... so it won't eb crazy loud. 10dB difference from what I understand. But at full wail with those F1 headers and the CTSC it should scream. I have to go listen to yours now... thanks for putting up the clip.

Back