Hmm...

I know..

But seriously, 315 hp in one of these things....

24K for this one. So badass looking.

Debt free. No payments. Cleans up almost 600 a month between the loan and LOC.

Dude,

Take it from this bimmer head. It is not the same as a NSX. You need some time away from your NSX so you would appreciate how much you would miss it. Let me hold your key while you think. :smile:

Ray

95eagleAWD..........the BMW M's are great cars as well. I had 98 M3 and a 2000 M Roadster at the same time. The M3 was better on the track then the roadster due to the tortional stiffness it had over the Roadster convertible. If you just drive on the street and do a lot of "twisties" the Roadster was better as it was smaller......but again with the top down twisted quite a bit and the back end would go out every now and then. The newer hard top Coupe came in top of it's class and proved to be a great car on and off the track (I tested one for a bit, never own it) but for me I didn't like the looks. It's a different car from the NSX, but also a great car to own. Just my $0.02 from a chick, but what do I know:wink:

I read your "debt free" comment and need to say something, as a guy who lends $$$ to both businesses and people in financial trouble I have to say that living within your means is KEY.

Yes, most of us would enjoy an ENZO more than an NSX, it wouldn't make sense to stop eating so you could afford to make the monthly lease payments.

Perhaps the greatest feeling we can have is the sense of "financial stability" the "I can slurge on a few more dinners" or "I'm not worried about what she's gonna cost me... (Rick)"

If you are even feeling the smallest pressure to make a wise financial decision DO IT!!! A car depreciates each day, an investment in real estate tends to be more stable, I wonder what your current rent plus $1000 a month would do for you?

Taking back my teasing, which it was for humour's sake only, the Z3 is a great car, better than most people's, and they go good on the track. Buy it and feel financially stable, its actually a better feeling than owning shit you can't easily afford.

Well, if you're considering selling her off, I take it you don't want the intake anymore? :rolleyes:

Time to have the big aftermarket parts sale!
:biggrin:

Well, if you're considering selling her off, I take it you don't want the intake anymore? :rolleyes:

Time to have the big aftermarket parts sale!
:biggrin:

The vultures are already cicrling! :tongue:

I drove behind one yesterday... that thing was wide!! and had super wide tires! It seriously reminded me of just a big pen!s.

It seriously reminded me of just a big pen!s.

Dude, when i was holding that basketball you said that too - i think you've been reading too much Freud!

I agree with Stu. If it makes financial sense, get rid of the NSX. You'll still get a very capable car that will put a smile on your face, and you can always pick up another NSX in the future once it's more financially comfortable for you.

P.S.- I can't believe John is already asking about the intake -- he hasn't even decided to sell the car yet hahaha...

I'm surprised that John hasn't got my damn cheque yet. Canada Post sucks!!!

It's been weeks.

I'll have to call them. Maybe they lost it.

I've been looking at a few Ms in Florida. Might be another summer roadtrip for a new car again.

For best bang for the buck, and especially if you don't mind rhd, I'd get a Skyline GTR. I know of an excellent one in To that will demolish every 911, Viper, ZO6 etc that will come its way.

...all for $25K ;)

Too ugly for me, to be honest. So the GTR is a no go.

+1

I don't care how fast they are, or how well they handle or if they can do the Kessle Run in 2.4 parsecs, they are fugly.

Hmmmm....

I'm sitting here looking on Ebay for Z3 M Coupes and Roadsters... and thinking I could pick one up for half of what the NSX cost. With the rest, I could pay off my NSX loan, my line of credit, my VISA, etc, and still have money left over...

But I'd be NSXless.... and quite frankly, that is a big deal to me. But when I sit there and look at the Beemers, they are pretty sweet cars.

:mad:

I hate thinking like this.

Any thoughts?!

Tell you what Ryan, if you are selling your NSX to buy a used BMW Z3 M (or any other BMW) for financial reasons it ain't gonna work mate. If you want a cheap 300 odd HP look at a Mustang, it'll probably handle better too!

If you're going to move on this you should get your NSX up for sale today! They are often slow to sell and you need the sun on your side.

I thought about getting a GTR.... a lot of my friends have them, they're old, and honestly, IMO, they're damn ugly.

Too ugly for me, to be honest. So the GTR is a no go.

LOL, taste is subjective. I would say the exact same thing for the M coupe (only not the old part). GTRs are so misunderstood in Canada its embarrassing.
:rolleyes: :biggrin: :wink:

Hmmmm....

I'm sitting here looking on Ebay for Z3 M Coupes and Roadsters... and thinking I could pick one up for half of what the NSX cost. With the rest, I could pay off my NSX loan, my line of credit, my VISA, etc, and still have money left over...

But I'd be NSXless.... and quite frankly, that is a big deal to me. But when I sit there and look at the Beemers, they are pretty sweet cars.

Any thoughts?!

Ryan, Sorry to hear this:eek: I'd hate to see you NSX'less but I certainly can understand your situation. Although I don't owe any money on my car, it is still a lot of money to have tied up in a vehicle I drive 5000 KMs a year, albeit one that puts a goofy grin on my face every time I drive it.:wink: One caution ... regardless what you choose to drive, you can spend a ton of money personalizing your ride ... often this is what causes the financial pressures as it is unbudgeted expenses. This is why I drive a relatively stock 91.

If life was fair I would be a billionaire and able to afford the 100 or so cars I would like to own. Since I'm not .... I see nothing wrong with changing your ride on a regular basis. Imagine the stories you can tell your grandchildren about all the cool cars you have owned in your life.:smile:

All the best in what ever you decide.

Dan

Maybe ask for a raise?

If you do decide to sell it.

Let's all get together and go on a cruise before you sell it.

I know last year my schedule was hectic. This summer my schedule will be hectic as well, but I said this year I will drive the X more. Less than 500km put on the X last summer..

No raise, I'm unionized. :p

Yeah, Dan, I know what you mean. I don't even know what brought about this train of thought... I know I'd be happy with the Beemer, and I've been getting lots of PMs on other sites about it.

If I do decide to pull the trigger, I'll be sure to get one last cruise in.

$35 million lotto draw tonight....If I am the sole winner tonight I will pay off that NSX loan of yours. I will even post here on Prime while Trev and I are partying it up in Vegas like 2 guys that just busted out of prison break.....

Maybe consolidate your debts. CCs interest rates are killers.
Maybe get a part time job for few hours on the weekend? or even get an online store going? Power selling on ebay? that is something that can be done in the spare time that could generate more income.

Maybe spend less some where else.. Like instead of getting a coke with the steak get a water instead. If anyone asks, just say pop is high in calories....

I know its not much but a little here and a little there could be that extra tank of fuel to have fun in.

I thought about selling the car many times just because I don't drive it enough. I have not been able to find something that I would be realistically afford to have fun in and the uniqueness factor in it. I waited a long time to have a convoy of red NSXs to drive around with. Yourself, Dan, and Trev still not much but alot more than when I first started.

A penny saved is a penny earned??????? Who said that??? Franklin??????????

I read your "debt free" comment and need to say something, as a guy who lends $$$ to both businesses and people in financial trouble I have to say that living within your means is KEY.

Yes, most of us would enjoy an ENZO more than an NSX, it wouldn't make sense to stop eating so you could afford to make the monthly lease payments.

Perhaps the greatest feeling we can have is the sense of "financial stability" the "I can slurge on a few more dinners" or "I'm not worried about what she's gonna cost me... (Rick)"

If you are even feeling the smallest pressure to make a wise financial decision DO IT!!! A car depreciates each day, an investment in real estate tends to be more stable, I wonder what your current rent plus $1000 a month would do for you?

Taking back my teasing, which it was for humour's sake only, the Z3 is a great car, better than most people's, and they go good on the track. Buy it and feel financially stable, its actually a better feeling than owning shit you can't easily afford.

listen to this guy, he knows what he is talking about.

Yeah, we all want to drive a sweet car, live in a huge house etc.....but you have to do what is financially sound for you.

A car is a car is a car.

I have dreamt about owning an NSX since I was in high school. I could buy one tommorrow (with a loan), but I don't want to stretch myself. I want to be able to afford it. I want to be able to put gas in it, not leave it in the garage because I fixed the cabinets in my kitchen and now don't have money to fill up the NSX etc.

Sell the NSX, buy something cheaper, pay off debt etc. You want to be able to sleep at night, not worrying about bills piling up.

Hmmmm....

Any thoughts?!

I know people will say keep the NSX....but if you are looking at an a$$ load of debt to pay off, DO IT!! Sell the NSX, buy something cheaper, and pay off your debt. The last thing you want is to be paying off the same Visa bill in 5 years.

Back