Here's da bomb! Someone buy it!!!

and why would somebody buy a white 02-05 to paint the roof black, put black mirrors on it, a type r hood and wing when thats just going to devalue it when you could buy a older one for less $ and make it however you want, and just fyi type r white is not the same white as any nsx came in north america

Because people can...might not be your cup of tea but someone elses.

On the contrary someone might say why would you take a pristine 1991 NSX and modify it instead of keeping it all original? Because tastes differ.

thats not on the contrary, im saying its easier and a hell of alot cheaper to get the same result in modifying a less rare and less mint car, im not talking about taking a mint black or red 91 with 10k miles and compeltely tearing it down and rebuilding it, becaus that would be an equal shame (in my eyes and in the eys of common sense)

and so if this guy put a type r hood, type r wing, painted his headlights, repainted his car championship white, black mirrors, type r wheels, what do you think he should ask then? 100k?

i think a type-r conversion is the only mod that actually increases value for an nsx

You would think, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Remember Ryan's Type R conversion? It took a while to sell and when it finally did sell, sold for no more than than it would have if it were not type r converted.

You would think, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Remember Ryan's Type R conversion? It took a while to sell and when it finally did sell, sold for no more than than it would have if it were not type r converted.

He sold that car?????

He sold that car?????

Yes, he sold it last year to a friend of mine in SF.

Some of the very expensive Type R stuff was removed and replaced w/ original (seats for example), but most of it stayed on. It sold for close to what a stock NSX would have sold for at that year / mileage. New owner Prime handle is: sychoso. You can find his posts w/ pics of the car.

what expensive type r stuff besides the wheels stayed on the car?

it had status (not type r) seats -- that as you say were removed.
it's type r engine cover was removed
it didn't have a type r cluster IIRC-- it had an overlay
It didn't have a honda type r hood.. IIRC it had a procar as well as a procar rear spoiler, but it did also have a comptech supercharger.

For sure it is a very nice car, but the statments above could lead someone to believe that it had most of the type r parts and sold for stock price, which is simply not the case.

It did have authentic type R wheels, clear corners tailights. But the expensive type r parts are the honda hood. (11K), seats (19K) cluster with shift lights (5K) rear wing (6K) wheels (4K) engine cover (1.5K)
thanks

This is a Unicorn.

It's worth whatever the buyer pays. I think the owner is bang on charging extra for it. If he doesn't get asking, that's cool, but he is right on for trying.

Beautiful car btw. It'll sell. It'll get an R conversion by the right buyer.

Why all the fuss about a Type-R? Big whoopie doo! They lightened the car a bit, changed a few suspension bits, made some minor cosmetic changes. The only reason a few of you give it cult status is because it was never available in the U.S. It's like the Skyline nimrods that pay a fortune to import what amounts to little more than an overpowered grocery getter.

Any NSX with the right mods will easily trounce a factory NSX-R and still have A/C and a sound system.

Whoever pays $79K for an '04 is smoking crack. Of course white is rare but does it really increase the value of the car?. After selling the NSX for over a decade Honda realized no one wanted a white sports car so they only built a handful of them. That doesn't make the car worth more money! Any NSX is rare!. Over 15 years only about 9,000 cars were sold in the U.S. That's an average of 600 NSXs per year. Compare that to the Corvette. In 2006 for example, 34,000 Corvettes were built. Guess what the least popular color was? You guessed it! Artic White. :smile:

The car is worth about $65K. If the seller gets more, God Bless Him!

wow, youre so smart

Why all the fuss about a Type-R? Big whoopie doo! They lightened the car a bit, changed a few suspension bits, made some minor cosmetic changes. The only reason a few of you give it cult status is because it was never available in the U.S. It's like the Skyline nimrods that pay a fortune to import what amounts to little more than an overpowered grocery getter.

Any NSX with the right mods will easily trounce a factory NSX-R and still have A/C and a sound system.

Whoever pays $79K for an '04 is smoking crack. Of course white is rare but does it really increase the value of the car?. After selling the NSX for over a decade Honda realized no one wanted a white sports car so they only built a handful of them. That doesn't make the car worth more money! Any NSX is rare!. Over 15 years only about 9,000 cars were sold in the U.S. That's an average of 600 NSXs per year. Compare that to the Corvette. In 2006 for example, 34,000 Corvettes were built. Guess what the least popular color was? You guessed it! Artic White. :smile:

Of course white is rare but does it really increase the value of the car?. After selling the NSX for over a decade Honda realized no one wanted a white sports car so they only built a handful of them. That doesn't make the car worth more money! Any NSX is rare!. Over 15 years only about 9,000 cars were sold in the U.S. That's an average of 600 NSXs per year. Compare that to the Corvette. In 2006 for example, 34,000 Corvettes were built. Guess what the least popular color was? You guessed it! Artic White. :smile:

White seems to be the new preferred color for high ends sports cars. Why? Its rare and looks good with the black and white wheel trend happening. Here in Dubai when I was at the track last week there were 2 Porsche GT3's in white (one with black wheels and the other with white wheels). You see much more White Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Porsches, and Audi R8's running around now.

Add to this how good a white NSX Type R looks with the black roof then its obvious as to why white commands premiums at the moment. Nevermind the performance excuses for a NSX Type R it was damn rare so people have a natural draw to it.

NSX is rare granted, but its not as rare as the Type R itself.

White seems to be the new preferred color for high ends sports cars. Why? Its rare and looks good with the black and white wheel trend happening. Here in Dubai when I was at the track last week there were 2 Porsche GT3's in white (one with black wheels and the other with white wheels). You see much more White Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Porsches, and Audi R8's running around now.

Add to this how good a white NSX Type R looks with the black roof then its obvious as to why white commands premiums at the moment. Nevermind the performance excuses for a NSX Type R it was damn rare so people have a natural draw to it.

NSX is rare granted, but its not as rare as the Type R itself.

It sure does get a premium too. I was looking at a 08 G spyder and it was 20k more for white compaired to grey. But man that white is so Hollywood. White with black interior and white stitching.....LOVE IT.

After looking at this car.. I am SOOO HAPPPPY I have
an older GPW with a Black Top and PopUp head lights!!
:biggrin:

This car just doesn't do it for me.

Back