Help in the Toronto area.

Hi. I'm in the process of importing an NSX-T and have purchased the Euro-spec fog lights. Unfortunately, I'm a techno-spaz...the fact I can communicate reliabley this way is a personal achievement...and, as I'm picking the car up in Toronto and driving home to Halifax (Bedford actually, but everything is not too far away here...) and if it's an easy easy job can someone watch over what I do and/or help put them in so they come at start-up a la DRLs? I buy beer for tech support!!!:biggrin:
Tim

N.S.X. said:
Hi. I'm in the process of importing an NSX-T and have purchased the Euro-spec fog lights. Unfortunately, I'm a techno-spaz...the fact I can communicate reliabley this way is a personal achievement...and, as I'm picking the car up in Toronto and driving home to Halifax (Bedford actually, but everything is not too far away here...) and if it's an easy easy job can someone watch over what I do and/or help put them in so they come at start-up a la DRLs? I buy beer for tech support!!!:biggrin:
Tim

I offer my garage - perhaps you can convince Lithiumus (Garrick) to come and watch/help. Dave may come for company and others to drink the beer you're supplying!:wink:

What's your timeframe?

You seriously just want me for company?

I have much to offer!

I offer my garage too! Ill even clean out the 1 inch layer of stone dust the landscapers just left, damn them!

Plus, Ive got cool tools now. And an 18month old that will run around making vrroming noises and smack you in the head with tools. ANd a 3 year old who will try to race you all on her bike.

There is nothign sweeter than the sound of an impact gun! Stu - my first project was assembling our new patio furniture. Had the entire set together in a matter of seconds! The gun kicks ass!

Tim - tell us more of what you need and we will help. Garrick's the man with that kind of thing and Stu (although funny looking) and I (not funny looking) will do what we can to provide shelter and jokes.

i'll come to watch!! and the beer of course..... :biggrin:

BioBanker said:
You seriously just want me for company?

There is nothign sweeter than the sound of an impact gun! Stu - my first project was assembling our new patio furniture. Had the entire set together in a matter of seconds! The gun kicks ass!

Tim - tell us more of what you need and we will help. Garrick's the man with that kind of thing and Stu (although funny looking) and I (not funny looking) will do what we can to provide shelter and jokes.

OK, check threads here and you'll find Dave (BioBanker) expressing jealously that I had MY impact gun first while HIS was backordered.

Who's funny lookin' now Dave?!:cool:

BioBanker said:
Votes in. You're still the funny looking one!

;)

Voting is not over yet!:wink:

OK, you guys are BOTH equally funny looking! Then again, I'm not one to talk, I'm probably a strong contender...

I purchased the JDM / Euro fogs for my DRLs as well and did the install and wiring. It's not difficult, just time consuming and I can help out. To do it right, here are some of the things you need to get / be prepared to do...

1. 2 x OEM JDM / EURO Fog light mounting brackets (the lights will not mount without these, if you don't have them, order them from Dali Racing) + required mounting stainless bolts (4 bolts 2 sizes, can't remember the sizes)
2. 30A relay and lots of power wire for the wiring (12ga and 14ga) get red and black to help id +ve and -ve
3. Drill a hole through the front firewall into the interior cabin (use grommet)
4. Run the trigger wire to IG2 for DRL operation

There are OEM connectors for the fog lights tucked away in the bumper and not used that can be clipped and used for the wire harness.

If you are up for it, I don't mind supervising and providing the technical assitance / reference for you.

My car is still out of commission but my injectors are ready and being shipped back from RC Engineering next week. I'm still short an exhaust or we could use my car as reference...

Hey Stu / Dave,

Are your Impact guns battery driven or Air driven? I'm looking to get one too. Which brand did you guys get? Saw a real cheap one at Costco for $89. Everything else is over 2 bills...

Garrick - I got the 3KO gun. Product# 54-0070-4 at CDN tire. Battery. Cool as hell IMO.

I think Stu got the same one. It was on sale for $150 a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
BioBanker said:
Garrick - I got the 3KO gun. Product# 54-0070-4 at CDN tire. Battery. Cool as hell IMO.

I think Stu got the same one. It was on sale for $150 a couple weeks ago.

Yes, I did, BEFORE Dave got his.

With Garrick's CDN tire connection perhpas he can get a few for anyone who wants one. But before I'd like to do a test, I saw someone with one at the track and they said its not as spectacular as its billed to be. (Since I have no tires to change I'll never know!)

Dude - it assembled my patio furniture in seconds and it makes cool noises.

Thats spectacular enough for me!

Besides, lugs are simple. Its the rusty exhaust bolts it may have issues with.

BioBanker said:
Besides, lugs are simple. Its the rusty exhaust bolts it may have issues with.

Are you hinting at the purchase of a new exhaust?

You KNOW who's got dibs on your old one!:biggrin:

Damn, I was looking at that one... We'll just have to wait for another sale...

I've broken several bolts off my 2 sets of cats. Now that I have liquid wrench and lots of Anti-seize, I should be good to go.

lithiumus said:
Damn, I was looking at that one... We'll just have to wait for another sale...

I've broken several bolts off my 2 sets of cats. Now that I have liquid wrench and lots of Anti-seize, I should be good to go.

Garrick, Use mine! Come pick it up whenever!

My buddy who bought mine for me said he didn't know about the price drop until he cashed out and found the price was reduced. Perhaps a price check is in order.

Hi everyone. I'm relieved and appreciative of the offers. It's going to be in T.O. either in 2 weeks or 3. I say this as I'll be arriving on a Thursday so if it's not the second weekend from now it'll be the third. As to what I need, the list is long and complicated, but specific to this project I need knowledge, the garage, tools ...in short sorta mostly everything mentioned above:eek: ...uhhh...what kinda beer y'all like?

It's almost here!!!

OK., the car arrives Friday, the 26th. I'll be in town either Tues-Wed. so does either Wednesday or (if I'm in Wednesday) Thursday work for anyone? If not, that's cool. I'm planning on leaving Friday morning to make Quebec City. I really appreciate the help and hope we can hook up. I know the time-line is tight but there it is...:biggrin: Anyway, I'm psyched! I have an ever-increasing pile of parts in the garage waiting for a home....I hate waiting...it's like being a kid at Christmas again...BTW see the Oilers game?...wow

Tim, if you pass thru Ottawa on the way to Qc, you're welcome to stop by for a beer. Maybe you can strap those skirts to the roof!
:biggrin:

BioBanker said:
Crap - Im in NYC tomorrow.

What do you need?

I'm around Thrusday night (sailing Thursday afternoon)

You need Garrick for tech and my garage for location. Or you can try to call Ken from IPC (he did my DTRLs and It worked out great)

Call me to arrange 416 258-8527

Also, a side thought, why not get Oyagi to paint up the sideskirts so you can install them Friday in Ottawa - saves shipping!

Hmmm...I don't think I can get the skirts painted on such short notice, unless he doesn't mind a rattle-can solution:wink:

I like the idea though...nsx modification roadtrip :biggrin:

EDIT: I just realized I will be on a track all day Friday in Mecaglisse in Qc!

Back