HELP I have a big dilemma...

Four words for you Mr. or Mrs dilemma

YOU WILL BE BACK!!!!!!..

I believe this. The P Turbo is nice, but it's basically a speed appliance. Not as much fun as it should be.

(slightly OT) Oddly, there are Porsches that are more fun, like the NSX. I have an 07 Base Boxster, which is super fun, and keeps me from going back to the NSX. It's just flat out fun. It has one thing the NSX doesn't. Top down motoring. The one thing that sucks about the NSX is driving with the T Tops removed. Too friggin windy. Honda's marketing dept engineered that. The Boxster looks great and is super quiet with the top down and you can deploy it at 35MPH. I can go back to the NSX anytime, but It would be more of a lateral move from the Boxster, fun'wise.

Dont do it. I sold my 03 for a Carrera S (05). I regret it.

Have never owned a Porsche although I did take a good look at the 911 when I was in the market for a NSX.

Could you elaborate a little on why you regret getting the 05 Carrera S.
After all it has everything a modern motorist wants doesn't it. More power, stability control, excellent brakes, modern interior etc. etc.

Keep the NSX. Otherwise you'll be back. If possible, have both.

In the words of Lawrence from Office Space, when asked "what would you do if you had a million dollars"?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/16QSYESBuRU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/16QSYESBuRU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Two (cars that you want) at the same time is best, but if you have to choose then go NSX - otherwise you'll be back.

OK All,

Thanks so much for all the input. Based on all you guys have said I just wanted to make sure I make the right choice...

The NSX wins, no P-car for me today..

Sam proud to own his NSX...

OK All,

Thanks so much for all the input. Based on all you guys have said I just wanted to make sure I make the right choice...

I think that you're making the right decision, that being said, part of owning a "toy", is that you'll always be looking at the "next best thing", wondering whether you'll be happier with that, than what you have. You also have another problem that a lot of us up here in the NE don't have, the ability to drive your car 12 months a year, I go look at mine, under the car cover, hooked up to the tender, and wait longingly for the time that I can take it out, and drive. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. Many people don't find that out until they sell their NSX and replace it with something else, and then try to find another to replace the one that they had. Garage space, money, and wife aside, I'd still like to have something else to "switch into", but I don't want to give up my NSX to do so.

Have never owned a Porsche although I did take a good look at the 911 when I was in the market for a NSX.

Could you elaborate a little on why you regret getting the 05 Carrera S.
After all it has everything a modern motorist wants doesn't it. More power, stability control, excellent brakes, modern interior etc. etc.

Seating position, beauty, road feel at high speeds, exhaust note, gauge cluster, shifter, mid engine, and exclusivity, to name a few NSX advantages. Also, the rear engine on the 911 is, IMO, a flaw.

Not that my C2S was a bad car, it was bad ass, and could even beat the NSX on a track. But, the NSX, as I've said, is in a different league.

I wonder what they'll be selling for at Barret Jackson in 10 years.

OK All,

I just realized ur another S. Florida NSXer. How come the S. Florida NSXers NEVER get together:confused:

The O-Town NSXers have at least one or two gatherings a year and yet there are more NSXs in S. Florida. Ugh, nevermind. I tried to have a S. Florida G2G and everyone sold out:rolleyes:

Erm...sorry for the shortcut spelling btw..I've been using SMS text a bit too much it seems

RPM217 said
"You also have another problem that a lot of us up here in the NE don't have, the ability to drive your car 12 months a year, I go look at mine, under the car cover, hooked up to the tender, and wait longingly for the time that I can take it out, and drive. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. Many people don't find that out until they sell their NSX and replace it with something else, and then try to find another to replace the one that they had. Garage space, money, and wife"

AND I sure agree with that!

BladesNSX well said, too.
NSX

The grass only looks greener from the other side, once you get there, it's yellow and whence you turn around to look back...the grass you left is better than ever.

Keep the X and buy the P if you have the additional funds. Otherwise, keep the X.

Hi, NSamX

Why don't you do like I have done... get both! Only, don't get a new Porsche; get yourself a mid 1980's 911 Carrera. They are affordable, reliable, and fun to drive. Many people think they are best Porsches ever made, including me. I also think they are really pretty, especially if the car is fitted with a Carrera tail. They are simple and elegant in their design, and hard to beat for the price.

On those days when you feel really special you can drive your NSX. For me, that's almost everyday! But there's something cool about getting into an old Porsche 911 Carrera and reliving the days when cars were simple machines. Try it... you might like it!

Philippe

Last edited:
..But there's something cool about getting into an old Porsche 911 Carrera and reliving the days when cars were simple machines. Try it... you might like it! Philippe

Just don't lift off the gas in mid corner, or you'll be driving a more simple machine, a wheel chair.

Yes, Bear, throttle oversteer is an issue in rear engine cars. However, a few hours at the track can do wonders in teaching a driver how to contol it. I'm glad I invested the time. I highly recommend that all rear engine car owners take the time to learn how to drive them so that when the day comes they can avoid the wheelchair. Thanks.

Philippe

For what it's worth, just test drove a Cayman S with the wife today.. here ar emy thoughts:
-Nice looking car inside, updated interior better looking in some respects than the NSX.
-Very lightweight, car is nimble. Stock is ~2900 lbs!
-Moderately "fast" with 300 HP, but the huge dip in torque/hp at circa 4000 RPM.. I don't get why it is (search for the dyno graph) and the power drops off quickly in the high end... so enh, power is ok. Slap on a RUF Turbo, 450 HP, 2900 lbs, and now you're talking :)

Conclusion: While no "NSX" for a sexy grocerry getter, it's awesome.
Two trunks, mid-engine, light, fun, updated interior etc...

Oh yeah, it's too expensive, and deppreciates like a rock it seems so far..

Your dilemma is the opposite of mine...........

My dream ever since I graduated H.S. back in 1994 was to own an NSX. It was WAY over my budget. I loved the s2000 as well back in college but again not a practical car for midwest weather and my only mode of transportation.

Now I'm slowly being able to buy the cars I wanted and after having the s2000 now my goal is to get a mint 02+ White NSX to mod and keep. Still on the lookout for the perfect car so have not pulled the trigger yet but I went backwards and bought a 08 GT3 a few months ago.

It's my first P-car and I love everything about the car. It's everything a sports car should have in terms of handling, exhaust note and creature comforts such as leather, a/c and a decent stereo + navi.

My only complaint was the car did not have Bluetooth but oh wells - this is one of the few cars I could care less about the stereo since the exhaust note is music to my ears. However it is a super pricey car in every way and I'm now thinking about moving to an NSX.

here are my main reasons:

1) NSX resale value is is much better in the long run
2) NSX can be modded much easier and less prone to issues. It's no fun to have a stock car in the garage that I can't really mod unless you have deep pockets and I don't!
3) It's cheaper by 1/2 so I can use the money for mods, etc.
4) "WOW" factor I think still goes to the NSX modded vs. the GT3 (I know looks are strictly objective though and this is my 2 cents).

rick

Back