HELP I have a big dilemma...

OK, so here is the problem, its dilemma time again. I have an opportunity to get a very affordable 2004 911/996 Turbo Cabriolet.
Here is the dilemma, would you get rid of your NSX for a P-car. I am a big fan of the P cars and have owned several, especially Twin Turbos so I have compiled a small list of reasons to keep my NSX circa 2004 with 19K miles and some reasons to get the Turbo cab. But the only way I could make a proper decision is with the help of my Prime friends.
NSX:
WOW
Looks
Handling
Mid Engine
Sound
Exotic
Cheap to Keep
NONE AROUND TO BUY

Porsche Cab:
WOW
Handling
Power delivery
Cabriolet
AWD (VERY important in South Florida)
2+2
PSM
Was also only made for 1 year with a couple in 2005
Twin Turbo
In today’s market not much more then the NSX to buy
Porsche there is no Substitute, unless you have an NSX
TO MANY AROUND

So help your fellow prime member make this very difficult decision and not regret selling the NSX in 2 months…

Thanks,

NSamX soon to be TurboSAM:biggrin:

Tough call; I have owned many P-cars and love them. But, the problem is (where I live) you can't turn a corner without seeing a beautiful turbo, 4S, etc. The NSX, if I was really lucky, I might see one (aside from our car) during the week.
I can't imagine the 996 values can drop any further, (boy did the 997 kill the 996 value) so you probably can't get hurt on the P-car and it is a beautiful car.
I do not envy you your decision. Good luck.

OK, so here is the problem, its dilemma time again. I have an opportunity to get a very affordable 2004 911/996 Turbo Cabriolet.
Here is the dilemma, would you get rid of your NSX for a P-car. I am a big fan of the P cars and have owned several, especially Twin Turbos so I have compiled a small list of reasons to keep my NSX circa 2004 with 19K miles and some reasons to get the Turbo cab. But the only way I could make a proper decision is with the help of my Prime friends.
NSX:
WOW
Looks
Handling
Mid Engine
Sound
Exotic
Cheap to Keep
NONE AROUND TO BUY

Porsche Cab:
WOW
Handling
Power delivery
Cabriolet
AWD (VERY important in South Florida)
2+2
PSM
Was also only made for 1 year with a couple in 2005
Twin Turbo
In today’s market not much more then the NSX to buy
Porsche there is no Substitute, unless you have an NSX
TO MANY AROUND

So help your fellow prime member make this very difficult decision and not regret selling the NSX in 2 months…

Thanks,

NSamX soon to be TurboSAM:biggrin:

Dont do it. I sold my 03 for a Carrera S (05). I regret it.

Dear Dilemma,
Sure, we all once thought about upgrading our NSX for another terrific ride whether it be a new or used Porsche, BMW, Ferrari... But in the end, ask yourself a few questions. 1) If I sell my NSX now and regret the decision, will I be able to find another NSX at the same price and in similar condition? 2) Other cars may be "better" but how many are engineered by arguably the greatest racing team in the world and test driven by Ayrton Senna, the greatest F1 driver in the history of motorsport ? You are what you drive, I love to share the legacy of Mr Honda and Senna so that's why I will keep my NSX around and one day pass it on to my kid to drive and he will maintain the legacy alive for the next generation.

Four words for you Mr. or Mrs dilemma

YOU WILL BE BACK!!!!!!

They always come back. I have driven several "high end" sports cars etc. With no ordinary want or need to own one. I see several 996 etc a week at the auto auctions. They do nothing for me after I had driven them.
Not that I don't respect them because i definately do, however once you own an NSX its like nothing else fits and feels as well, or is as balanced.

Hope I helped.

Brian

So far you all are thinking the same as I am, once you have that NSX you dont care how powerful, fast, or sweet the other cars are. The NSX is unlike any other car...

Please keep the replies coming...

Sam

Not that at some future point, a new car will come out that will tempt me, but I hope that I could still keep the NSX. That being said, before I bought my NSX, I had test driven the 4S Cab, a friends Porsche TT, the Maserati Spider, and brought it down to the 4S Cab, and the NSX. Here in Westchester County, everyother "sports car" is some form of Porsche, the front ends "all look alike". The car drives well, handles well, and looks well.................like everyother Porsche. I can't fault the ride and handling, it's just like that saying in the Cadillac ad, "when you turn your car on, does it return the favor?". As far as the Porsche, if I didn't have to see myself coming and going, and the shape while pleasing to some, just doesn't evoke "exotic" in my eyes, it's not my (our) eyes that the car has to please, it's your eyes. BOL with your decision, remember you can always "come back", it's just that your "choices" will become more limited in the future.

Navyflydoc said all that had to be said...

How many are engineered by arguably the greatest racing team in the world and test driven by Ayrton Senna, the greatest F1 driver in the history of motorsport ?

:rolleyes: :smile: :wink: :smile: :rolleyes: :smile: :rolleyes: :smile:

Aside from the beauty and design...the car is hard to come by...I live in Calgary, Alberta...and NSXs are soooooooo rare, that I bought an automatic 91! I could not find an NSX for under $35,000.00 - and they were all abused and destroyed!! :eek: My baby was immaculate and had mods like a Wings West body kit/ Dali Exhaust/ Tien Adjustable Suspension...and she had the timing belt and water pump done with an additional valve adjustment - I realized that I was buying an exotic car with an automatic transmission...lol...buy hey...the best selling Lamborghinis and Ferraris have the paddle shifter option! To think that Honda had the vision - and that is the key to this car - vision!!

Everyone is copying this car...so, aside from getting a stylish car with a v12 or a v8 behind your head - you own a car that is phat, fast and comes with a trunk!! Yes, I said it...a trunk!! People always marvel that the car has a trunk that can carry 2 sets of golf clubs...lol...It is a true marvel Bro...a true marvel!!

Hold onto what you have...just remember that you have the best - and if you want to buy a new car, then wait and see what the future holds!

Dam :cool:

After I sold my first NSX I took over the remainder of a friend's 996-turbo coupe lease, I thought I was over the NSX. However, when the Porsche lease was up and I had the opportunity to buy the P-car as I had originally intended, I couldn't do it. I gave the lease back and bought my second NSX, while the turbo is an exceptional car in every right it just didn't affect me emotionally the way the NSX does.

I chose my NSX over a Pturbo.

The way i see it is unless you are absolutely sure you want something different, dont do it.

There is an endless supply of Pturbos to choose from. You sell your NSX and you will not find another to replace it if you want to return.

Does not sound like youre convinced to me.

definitly get both!

drive them for a couple of month side by side, if you like the P better, sell the nsx, if you like the nsx better. sell the P.

You have a classic case of "wandering eye". This same thing applies to wives & girlfriends as well as cars. You dated her/married her/bought the NSX before you dated/married someone else/bought the Porsche. If someone else/the Porsche was right for you, you would have dated/married/bought it first and not your current girlfriend/wife/NSX. Now you have had your girlfriend/wife/NSX for awhile and you are bored, and thinking, boy, that hot little number over there sure looks appealing. So you think you want to make the switch?

Bad idea. You are dating/married to/the owner of the NSX because the NSX is the right car for you. Otherwise, you would already be dating/married to/driving something else. If you break up with/divorce/sell your girlfriend/wife/NSX, you will regret it, because you already have what is right for you. You're just restless and think you want something else. It doesn't matter if the other girl/car is hotter/faster - you are with the one you're with because the one you are with is the right one for you. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to do nothing at all. The desire to break up/divorce/sell the NSX will pass, and in hindsight you will be glad you stayed with the one you're with. The first cut is the deepest - don't let your NSX be the one that got away.

why you trying to make me cry!?!?! what did i do you? :tongue:

i dont think your theory works here. at least with cars. cars are objects. you buy them, have fun, get bored, sell them.

people are different. hopefully you worked everything out of your system before setting down.:smile:

If you dont want to buy one, at least rent one for a weekend and see how it feels.

you might love it, you might not but at least you have been in the drivers seat. :wink:

This may sound silly, but I just like the driving position of the NSX a lot better. The 996 feels like just another car to me when I sit in there. The NSX, feels unique and special from the first second. I love watching the road go right past my face, the low nose, the low low low seating position.

Don't get me wrong... a 996TT cab is a sweeeet car... I almost bought one. But it just is missing something the NSX has. If you really want a change get a CTSC.

If a P car is on your mind, you should do it. You can always go back to a NSX if you change your mind. Maybe something else better will be available when you want another change.:smile:

Last edited:
If you had an older model NSX that was say....paid off, modded just the way you liked, and have owned her for a number of years, I would say "go ahead and trade for the Porsche. I look at P-cars often (especially the Caymen S) and think, "That's a nice sports car I can actually afford".

Thing is, I have spoken to, both online and in person, many a former NSX owner, who traded in their NSX for (Enter other nice sports car here). They always say something like this: "I've driven (enter nice sports car(s) here) and I always thought the NSX was the most fun car I ever owned."

Of course, the logical question is: "Why didn't they just buy another one?"

I just assumed, the answer to that question is simply because there aren't many out there.

Thus, this goes back to my original paragraph. You own a very late model, very nice NSX. If I were you, I would be loathe to give that up. Especially if your NSX is in just the color scheme you want.

All political philosophers who drive exotic sportcars...drive black NSXs...lol...nice car bro...mines a 91 also...and I would never think of getting rid of her...she's part of the family now...or is that part of my psyche?...lol

Dam :cool:

If you have the funds and able to keep up with the maintenance, I'd say " GO FOR IT"! For me, I had the gt3 but the maintenance and insurance has put a big hole in wallet. I decided to let her go and stick to something I know that's reliable, fun, exotic and easy on the $$$ GO NSX!!!:tongue:

What's up,

I own a 2004 NSX, I would NEVER sell or trade my NSX for a 911/996 P-car or nothing else.

In my personal opinion the 911/996 is just a regular car, Don't get me wrong the 911/996 is a nice sport car but is not special to me. The NSX is different more RARE, some times people don't have a clue what kind of car it is. That's what make the NSX so SPECIAL. Again you like P-cars so is you call bro. Good Luck!

Bernie

Last edited:
Back