Hello. My Name is Adrian. Looking into get a NSX soon. I love this place.

Hi. My name is Adrian and I have been lurking this forum for a while. But now I'm getting serious on a near future purchase of a NSX (early something $30 or less).

Currently my daily driver is a Honda Fit Sport if its just me and a Cadillac CTS if I have my fiancee with me(cant hold hands in a stick). For fun and on some weekends I enjoy my Toyota MR2 Turbo. I love the MR2, it's a incredible car. But now I want something that is a little more "nice" and something that turns heads.

Here are my cars since pics make a thread a lot more fun:

Picture005copy.jpg

167894_189244011089803_100000126174264_763483_4605135_n.jpg

72707_177522165595321_100000126174264_671143_4413278_n.jpg

76939_177522142261990_100000126174264_671142_1417147_n.jpg

MR2TurboSignaturecopy.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

I hope to learn a lot from you guys!
Oh, I live in southern california.

Last edited:
arent honda fits like 3 cylinders? ( 3 pistons )

I am not sure.70-80 HP I bet its good on gas.

but the Caddie I got beat by one fo those it was the CTS-V with a corvette engine. so nothing bad to say about that car. is it a CTS-V?

the MR-2 I always liked those cars but after the thousands that caught fire due to leaves at the back window ( old school version ) I decided not to get one. if i dont clean my car I dont want it to catch fire cuz of my lazy ass. LOL

Welcome to the forums. Definitely a great place to gain knowledge!

There is a large population of us in Southern California so check out the regional section and come on out to our next meet!

Say what you want about that fit... but my buddy has one, and has spent about $150/yr on maintenance on the car since he bought it.... I've spent $25-30k a year on my NSX and Rs6 for the past 4 years.. not really in maintenance, they're like black holes that beg for money to mod them.. "feeeeeed me! Feeeeeeeeeeed me!!!"

Now with the ford gt added to the rs6 and nsx... my wallet is on its knees, begging for mercy..

and i didn't take a course in net etiquette.. but isn't it rude to rip on a guy's ride (however subtly) when he shows up and tells you how much he loves yours?

Last edited:
I wasnt ripping on the guys car. I honestly thought they are 3 cyl.

its a honda I worship Honda even a honda scooter. will out last anything made american.

I have always like the next body style in the MR2 line-up
the previous version they would catch fire when leaves would collect
behind the rear window where the engine is I have seen 2-3 on the side of the road On fire before driving on the interstate before had cars backed up for miles. ughh.

this guy wants an NSX he making a great choice in cars.

but the Caddie I got beat by one fo those it was the CTS-V with a corvette engine. so nothing bad to say about that car. is it a CTS-V?

the MR-2 I always liked those cars but after the thousands that caught fire due to leaves at the back window ( old school version ) I decided not to get one. if i dont clean my car I dont want it to catch fire cuz of my lazy ass. LOL

Nope, his (his girl's) isn't a CTS-V. I had an old school MR2 back in law school and I loved that thing! It was a blast.

The Fit is a 4 Cylinder 1.5 Liter motor with VTEC 109hp. (still slow as hell)

Love the Fit. I have one for DD and hauling stuff.

Last edited:
Welcome, Nice Caddy, Its one GM vehicle I would buy. I used to have an old MR2 Turbo, Miss it, but would rather have my NSX if I had to have one. A lot of people here with a lot of knowledge. Use them. When buying a NSX the key is PATIENCE Take your time and make sure you find the right one that has been taken care of. Even if it has over a 100k on the clock as long as its been taken care of and the owner has the maintenance records. These are Honda's and will last almost forever with proper maintenance.

It'a alright guys. I didn't take the first few responses in a bad way. I always assume the better in people.
Yes, the Fit is like a mini van in a way. It can seat people in the back comfortably and there is a TON of space for it's size. I average 38-40 MPG on the highway (1.5L 110hp motor, meh). But I have owned it for 3 years and it now has 100K miles and other than oil changes it has been $700 on the schedule maintance.

My CTS (I plan on giving my girl this one since she needs an automatic) is a very comfortable car. No, it is not a CTS-V I WISH. But it is the luxury sport package and is a very decent car.

The MR2 Turbo has never given me issues and I am always in MR2OC and I have never heard of fires on the SW20 models. I did see two cases but most where in the older 80's model.

Thanks for the welcome guys and hopefully soon enough I can have a NSX in my garage next to my MR2.

Adrian, good luck in finding your NSX, they are out there and prices today are about as good as they get. You may already know this but just take comments in stride...Shawn's comments about 3 cylinders...well he's been told before about going down slippery slopes with his comments. He's a good guy overall and in the hunt for this 95 car in Florida. Now I've really liked the MR2 for some time but I'm more of a purist car owner versus having all that flash stuff. I'm seriously looking to sell my GN and replace it with an MR2, they are classy, not many around and have some level of performance. Again good luck in your search...many will say take your time.....sid

I have no comments about your cars, definitely not my taste but we all fix up cars with our own taste so do whatever you want...

Just found your comment on "holding hands not possible while driving stick" kinda funny! hahaha :tongue: something usually a 16 year old would say...

btw: it's totally possible to hold hands while driving stick, do it all the time in our s2000 :)

I have no comments about your cars, definitely not my taste but we all fix up cars with our own taste so do whatever you want...

Just found your comment on "holding hands not possible while driving stick" kinda funny! hahaha :tongue: something usually a 16 year old would say...

btw: it's totally possible to hold hands while driving stick, do it all the time in our s2000 :)

But you can't hold hands, and TXT, and drive stick. :biggrin:

Love the MR2 as well, and your name, you have an AWESOME name.

Last edited:
I know I need to tone back a bit, most of my stuff is off the wall anyway.

should have seen me when i was younger Im 35 now. yikes. you couldnt hold me down if you tried. LOL and I had a mouth on me only a mother could love. LOL

yeah I was talking about the 80's model catching fire. I loved that body style. very quick for a very small car.

I know one thing that the seats from a 89 Prelude look great in an MR2.
its like they were made for each other.

Wow:rolleyes: This guy is really a douchebag. If your not sure look it up before making dumb comments. As long as he likes what he has I find him the luckiest owner of ANY car. You got a nsx and it only has like 6 cylinders ( 6 pistons) like 270-290 hp, can you say SLOW>>>but i bet its good on gas:cool: and Yours is Stock, I wouldnt look down on him, look in the mirror. :tongue:

arent honda fits like 3 cylinders? ( 3 pistons )

I am not sure.70-80 HP I bet its good on gas.

junior40er- As long as YOU like your cars, who cares what others think. No matter what car you have, there will be people who think its not good enough. You own 3 cars and your caddy is worth same price as most the nsxs on this board. Enjoy what you have, people forget its NOT What your Driving, its what you love driving. If you Just enjoy your cars and have fun with it and you will have the best car in the world no matter what brand and model.
Welcome to Prime. Lot of good info on here and some good people too.

BALLS-N-SAC your always on my case, but you claim to be Christian in some Private PMS to me. go figure

we can say what we want and if you read thru all the thread I complimented him on his Honda. and how that style Caddie beat me in a race.

then I was corrected on the specs on the Honda Fit. I would buy one they look fun.

you always jump the gun to defend when they dont need defending.

is it because auto tranny vs manual comments? give it a rest already

I see you like to :tongue: balls-n-sac :redface: But thats your business, but it wont be mine, I have someone else to take care of that for me. thanks for the offer though. :biggrin:
Honestly till you brought it up I didnt even remember I said anything to you before today, but now I do. Both time I saw someone putting someone down, trying to clown so I said my peice. Nor do I care who you are or to pick on you or be on your case. I will say how I feel about whatever I like. Just like you do :wink:
Happy Motoring!!

Last edited:

it was a joke. I thought that was obvious LOL. I'm 27, backseats are more fun now.

Back