• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Have you seen the light?

Funny thing about my light. I've seen it work once. On the maiden voyage home to Sacramento, from Tampa, after buying the car from Shawn. I haven't seen it work since. This despite several fill-ups where I apparently was able to pump 17 gallons of gas. I don't recall the most miles I've driven on a single tank but I do remember distinctly on my drive from Tampa there was one stretch where I got 29 mpg.

The needle must drop below "E" before the light comes on. When it does, you have 2 gallons of gas left, or roughly 50 miles of highway driving left.

Well that is why I don't trust the gas gauge and go off of mileage because mine comes on when I have used 15.5 gallons.

We have a 18 gallon tank, so your 15.5 is pretty close. My car takes almost exactly 16 gallons after the light comes on.

I don't recall ever seeing the light during my ownership. I usually filled up near a quarter tank.
In fact I didn't think there was a low fuel light!

Today, Not a station in sight. When I filled up, It took $60.00 for 15.35 gallons. -DREW-
DSC_0157.jpg

wow and a green arrow pops up to alert you to look over there....honda thought of everything:biggrin:

Back