Have a Green '94 NSX? What color is your roof?

I found this green/black roof car online and thought it was a find, but I guess it's the car you have....oh well. I tried. I'll keep looking.
smile.gif

Aaron
Green/Tan- green roof #268

http://www.geocities.com/jimshih/for_sale_1994_brooklen_green_nsx.htm

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Don't be surprised if everyone with a green car with a lower VIN than #69 has a black roof, and everyone higher has a green roof.

Wrong. I checked with VIN #62 and his has a green roof too.

Originally posted by bonzo:
I just traded my green/tan '94 in on my '97-T, and it had a green roof....#28!

Yes, but yours is (I'm guessing) a Canadian market car. Canadian cars have their own serial number sequence, and the two sequences are not in synch with each other. Yours ends in RT800028. Because Canada sales are about a tenth of those in the States, yours was built at approximately the same time as the American market car RT000280.

Aaron - You are right. That is the ad that drew my attention to the car I now own. It was love at first sight.

Thanks for all your help guys. Hopefully we can answer the question once and for all and remove the question mark from the FAQ.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
NSXCA 1650

Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought all coupes have black roofs and all targas have body colored roofs? If that is true, then the maybe a search for all green coupes vs green targas would yield the answer.

Originally posted by nsx4fun:
..I thought all coupes have black roofs and all targas have body colored roofs?

Actually Brooklands Green Pearl was introduced in 1994. NSX-T did not debut until 1995. Also, this was in the FAQ:

New Color: Brooklands Green Pearl
Keyed roof color to body color in late-year green cars (first 20(?) greens were with black roof)

------------------
ojaspatel.com/nsx

Originally posted by nsx4fun:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought all coupes have black roofs and all targas have body colored roofs? If that is true, then the maybe a search for all green coupes vs green targas would yield the answer.

In 1994, the first small production run of Brooklands Green NSXs had black roofs like all other NSXs. Shortly into the production run, Honda decided to paint the roofs of only Brooklands Green NSXs with body colored roofs while all other NSXs continuing with black roofs. Greg is trying to find the last green NSX with a black roof produced in the initial production run.

In 1995, with the debut of the NSX-T, all were produced with body colored roofs while special ordered coupes were available with black roofs in later years.

Originally posted by Vytas:
Greg is trying to find the last green NSX with a black roof produced in the initial production run.

True, but I'm also trying to find how many green NSX's had black roofs. I'm guessing 8. There were a total of 4 colors for 94. If Honda painted each NSX a different color coming off the line, then VIN 32 (depending on the first color used) would have the last black roof (if it were green). My VIN is 30 and has a black roof. VIN 35 has a green roof. My guess is I have the last black roof/green NSX, unless someone can prove otherwise.

Keep looking!

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX?? Please email me if you do.

JIM -

Thank you very much. That looks identical to mine, and it looks like it even has the same tires (T1-S) as mine. I love the dark tint too and that will be my next mod.

Again, thanks. I usually check Ebay but have not for a while.

SoCal-NSX said:
Did you email the ebay dude? I'm thinking it's an all green like mine. Depending on the light, mine looks Green/Black
or
Green/Green

I love that!
Dave

I emailed him/her at ebay right after you posted. No reply yet, but from the pictures, the roof sure looks black to me. I'll post when I get a reply.

Update: Got a reply from the seller and he/she confirmed the roof is Black .

Last edited:
Hi folks,
I’m new to these forums. I have a 94’ NSX green w/black roof, black interior, vin #000011.

ricklang said:
Hi folks,
I’m new to these forums. I have a 94’ NSX green w/black roof, black interior, vin #000011.

Congrats and welcome! Now I won't be the only green car at the Chicago NSX gatherings! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

Back