• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has Dali Racing (Mark Johnson) ripped you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
prova4re said:
If I was short changed by him, I would make it a point to go to NSXPO and find out why. Face to face.

All this crap was floating around last year prior to NSXPO. Did anyone have the balls to say something to the guy? If it were my $ I sure would have aproached him while I had him cornered.

okay lets see some more show of hands

anyone else out there.... Just think of the dollars being lost you rat.... How does this feel???? HA HA HA HA .....

If I can save just one NSXer from being cheated it made my day...:D

Last edited:
Juice said:
All this crap was floating around last year prior to NSXPO. Did anyone have the balls to say something to the guy? If it were my $ I sure would have aproached him while I had him cornered.

maybe some of those people weren't there. i wasn't. maybe others didn't feel that anything would be gained from a face to face confrontation?
and, maybe some people did approach him, but we weren't aware of it? people handle things in different ways, and if his email/phone communication is any indication of how he is in person, i could only imagine what his reaction would be. the guy is a scam artist. and the ridiculous part is he continues to get away with it. as i said, more and more people are realizing this, so it's just a matter of time before it's you.

AND, if anyone didn't know, mark didn't develop boostzilla. he was merely functioning as a distributor, marketing the product. the intellegent mind behind it pulled out because mark owed him thousands and thousands of dollars then suddenly dissappeared off the face of the earth and won't even return emails. sound familiar??? why do you think he doesn't talk about it any more? add another notch to his 'victims' post. well, eventually that post is going to give.

all of this talk about why no one is getting in marks face or whatever is irrelevant. the point is that he is committing crimes and he is guilty. why is there continued doubt?? i guess it will just take the doubter to get burned before they become a believer.

whatever.

I might as well put my input here too... I mean I've read all the threads I might as well add to the madness.

As far as business with him I have had nothing but good experiences.

And yes... I did find it weird when I starting receiving my products before he even received the payments. But boy was I happy about it. Ordered on a Friday came in by Thursday had it installed before the weekend... if he had waited for the payment it would've taken much longer. Good business man in my opinion.

-x-

VBNSX said:
I might as well put my input here too... I mean I've read all the threads I might as well add to the madness.

As far as business with him I have had nothing but good experiences.

And yes... I did find it weird when I starting receiving my products before he even received the payments. But boy was I happy about it. Ordered on a Friday came in by Thursday had it installed before the weekend... if he had waited for the payment it would've taken much longer. Good business man in my opinion.

-x-

we're all happy for you.

are we trying to see how many people he didn't rip off versus how many people he did? and use that data to determine his credibility??

what's the point here? he rips A LOT of people off, and he hasn't ripped A LOT of people off (yet). if someone stole from your friend and not from you, does that make him a 'good guy' and worthy of defense just because you haven't fallen victim?

i think this post is just to inform people of the bad experiences they have had. take and use that information however you choose. it just doesn't make any sense to give your 'positive' experiences.
that's not the point here.

You Guys Are Slow

There are sixteen posts (not counting mine) to this thread on this day so far.

Prior to that, the last post was April 2003 by hardtopguy.

What, somebody wakes up some day and decides to jump on the bandwagon? :confused:

When I was at his tent at NSXPO this year, there were 2 guy's talking to him about parts that they didn't get.
He gave one of them the part on the spot, and the other guy took a different part in exchange to the one he orderd.

All the more reason to go to NSXPO 2004.

Welp I can't file a claim with Pay Pal b/c I'm over my 30days. It would be interesting to see if and how many claims have been filed with pay pal. What other recourse is there?

I called pay pal and they said to still open a claim....They said even though it was after the 30 days they'll still investigate. I'd recommend those of you (if you haven't already) that have been burned to file......FRAUD!!!!!!

ub2slw said:
Welp I can't file a claim with Pay Pal b/c I'm over my 30days. It would be interesting to see if and how many claims have been filed with pay pal. What other recourse is there?

So those who have had great experiences with Mark should immmediately stop doing business with him because you didn't? Sorry, that's not reasonable and not likely to happen.

Ponyboy said:
So those who have had great experiences with Mark should immmediately stop doing business with him because you didn't? Sorry, that's not reasonable and not likely to happen.

i don't think anyone ever said anything remotely close to that.

all we are doing is letting people know about our experiences and you can do with that what you want.

stop being so defensive. if you got ripped off i'm sure you would feel the same.

pixelhaus said:
i don't think anyone ever said anything remotely close to that.

Then you haven't read the THREE pages of this thread. That's funny.

pixelhaus said:
all we are doing is letting people know about our experiences and you can do with that what you want.

That's fine, and those of us with great experiences will do the exact opposite. I think I hear somebody crying "wolf."

pixelhaus said:
stop being so defensive.

So not only am I supposed to stop doing business with a vendor that I've had 20+ good transactions with, I'm not supposed to talk about it either. What are you afraid of?

pixelhaus said:
if you got ripped off i'm sure you would feel the same.

Maybe. But I know I wouldn't go on incessently whining about it.

Originally posted by Ponyboy
Then you haven't read the THREE pages of this thread. That's funny.

-- maybe i shoud speak for myself. since apparently you were addressing your comment towards me. -- i am not trying to convince anyone to do anything. it's a free country, but everyone is entitled to know the truth.

That's fine, and those of us with great experiences will do the exact opposite. I think I hear somebody crying "wolf."

-- fine, do what you want. as i said, i'm not suggesting you to do anything. why are you getting so upset?

Maybe. But I know I wouldn't go on incessently whining about it.

-- whose whining??

based on the amount energy you put into a rebuttle about something that doesn't even affect you, i can only imagine how you would react if you were taken.

pixelhaus said:
-- maybe i shoud speak for myself. since apparently you were addressing your comment towards me. -- i am not trying to convince anyone to do anything. it's a free country, but everyone is entitled to know the truth.

Agreed. But since only one party is whining, the story is a little tainted.

pixelhaus [/i] -- fine said:
based on the amount energy you put into a rebuttle about something that doesn't even affect you, i can only imagine how you would react if you were taken.

Flawed logic...in both cases The amount of aftermarket NSX support and the level of prices affect everyone. And who's to say I haven't had a bad experience with Dali Racing or any other NSX vendor or private seller? Perhaps I have and don't see the need to incessantly whine about my situation.

Please take your dispute private. This forum is for reporting first-hand vendor experiences.

NSX Prime said:
Please take your dispute private. This forum is for reporting first-hand vendor experiences.

Why not just lock and close this thread??? I mean sheesh it was dredged up from 2002.... :rolleyes:

ok people - i had a count up of how many people fall into which camps in this thread:

people who have had bad experiences and/or feel Mark is bad to deal with = 13

people who have had good experiences and/or recommend Mark and/or will deal with him again = 51

people who have suggested this thread be closed/moved or the subject dropped = 8

for those who say 'this thread is about bad experiences, we don't want to hear the good news stories' I say look at the title of the thread - it is a question which invites a yes or no answer, therefore all those whose answer is 'no he hasn't' have as much right to post here as those whose answer is 'yes he has'.

add me to the 'close it/drop it' list.

Why drop the thread? Mark is a crook plain and simple, I have filed complaints with the BBB in Mark's area and they got no where with him. When I finally make it to an NSXPO Mark will give me my parts that he refuses to send and I will make sure everyone who steps foot in Mark's booth knows it as well.

Of course there will be a bunch of winey @#$% heads that will stand there and say "What is his problem" "Tell him to get over it" blah blah blah.

I will be sure to bring my Mega phone that weekend.

I could not imagine what I would do if Mark ripped me off for more than $200.

Keep this thread alive so people new to the sight know they run a high percentage chance of being ripped off if they deal with Mark Johnson.

cool thing is he replies pretty fast, i got my parts on, and is willing to help you out, pretty cool guy

Dash Rip Rock said:
I will be sure to bring my Mega phone that weekend.

That would be a sight to behold! This thread should have been opened with a poll. Uh oh, did I just give somebody the idea that a bad thread could be made worse? I'm sorry. ;)

As I said before, the only thing that really bothers me is that Mark doesn't address these issues himself. Wether privately or publicly. I know he doesn't give a shit about all this complaining, but that is the underlying problem. My lattest concern came when I went to his sight and got his wacky 404 ERROR. Has anyone else seen this before? A little funny, a little disturbing, very unprofessional. I'm about as crass and unrefined as they come, but I would never represent myself in that way if it ment a loss of capital. Then again, he is the one making the $, not me.

First of all, I have spent around 1.5 - 2k with Mark Johnson and he's been very prompt and helpful and I've always received everything quickly - even my cupholder. I've had nothing but good experiences with him.

With that said, I think it's sad that so many of you are willing to say, "I've had a great experience(s) with him so you must just be whining or lying" and making excuses for Mark.

There was another NSX vendor that flat out ripped people off - he's no longer in business - but the sad thing was that so many people defending him and praised him every time anyone posted a complaint about him. I personally never had been experiences with this vendor either but many others did including some prominent people in the NSXCA.

Unfortunately, the people who had bad experiences NEVER posted anything about their negative experiences. That clearly didn't help the new people that went to this vendor based on the positive feedback posted on NSX Prime. An open discussion like this one may have saved a few people from getting ripped off.

I, for one, think this type of open and honest discussions is helpful to the NSX community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back