GTR... Can't do it

s4play,

FWIW: For someone with a family the M5 might be a better choice, the GT-R is a bit impractical as a family hauler, about as impractical as a 997 Turbo.

As a car that will be used to promote a shop/store the GT-R will probably get a lot more attention from the target audience. The M5 will only garner the attention of those in the know of the car and would probably fly under the radar as just another 5 series for most folks.

As far as the CBA vs DBA debate it will come down to modding vs no-mods, the benefit of the DBA is the higher performance while still maintaining the factory warranty. If you are going to mod the car everything goes out the door since for 20-30K it i possible to surpass the DBA's performance and address the weaknesses of the GR6 tranny. That being said the DBA BE interior looks pretty sharp compared to the CBA.

^sorry I'm a GTR newb, what is DBA and CBA stand for again?

I heard they offer upgrade packages for the 09 owners but you need a lot of stuff to handle the power of the newer cars so probably easier just to buy the newer car.

I should have mentioned this is by no means my family hauler with 2 kids! We have 3 SUV's and another hybrid sedan for daily use. I already have 2 other sport cars which are 2-seaters but with no back seats they render them useless 95% of the time. This purchase is my "fun" car with some trunk space and would be primarily for me with occasional jaunts around town with the kids/wifey.

M5 specs are amazing so far on paper, 0-60 times are sub 3' and on par with the GTR and Panerama TurboS which are some of the fastest cars out there today.

i want a black gtr .... one day

The GTR is an amazing machine that looks like exactly what it represents. Look at the early 90s 5.0L Mustangs. Those were ugly azz cars but they had some serious power and torque for their time (though I used to run circles around em with my GSR motor swapped civic hatch during later teen years in the mid to late 90s). I would love to have one... In addition to the X though. The only car I would begin to consider selling the X for as it stands now is the 2011/12 Porche GT3 RS. Unfortunately they're not in my price range.

I own a GTR and have owned four NSX's.

The GT-R and the NSX are the two favorite cars I have owned over the years. (I have owned them all)

I think some people talk smack about the GTR because they can't afford one and others just have not driven one. It can out handle 99% of the cars on the road and also beat them in a straight line. The car feels like it's on rails. You don't feel the weight.

I ran 10.7 @ 129mph with just two mods. Tune/midpipe - $1500 total invested.
The only maintenance needed that costs money (other than oil changes) is at 18,000 miles and that is only $1,200 at the dealer $800 if you DIY. The brakes last 35,000+ miles if you do not use the car as a track monster every weekend.

The NSX is starting to look WAY outdated. They no longer look modern. IMO. It's more of a classic car these days.

I’m sick of people constantly talking crap about cars they have never driven. Pisses me off and you get NO respect from me.

^ you seem to forget not everyone is obsessed with speed. The gtr is a fast car no doubt but beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

I've seen tons of white guys fascinate over Asian women that some find less than desireable haha. Fetish or beauty you tell me :)

The GT-R and the NSX are the two favorite cars I have owned over the years. (I have owned them all)

The NSX is starting to look WAY outdated. They no longer look modern. IMO. It's more of a classic car these days.

I’m sick of people constantly talking crap about cars they have never driven. Pisses me off and you get NO respect from me.

Funny, I just had someone ask me this week if my car was the "new" Acura.

I am pretty sure if I had the financial means to "own them all", I would not be driving a GTR.

I have absolutely no doubt that I would be driving a GTR if I had the means. It may not be as pretty as the NSX but it picked up right where the NSX left off. The NSX was always considered not the be the best at any one thing, but to be almost the best at almost everything. The GTR takes that same philosophy and pushes those metrics up a notch or three with the trade-off of weight and appearance, though frankly I have no issues with the appearance. It's a beautiful car in its own way. The new NSX is going to have an extremely high performance bar to hurdle (and it's not so pretty either).

Then you are missing out BIG TIME! Just like everyone else is not having a chance to either drive or own an NSX.

You are narrow minded.

Have you driven a GT-R or are you just another one of those TARDS that make stupid comments not having even driven the car they bash.

I know at least 5 guys who own at least 800k+ worth of cars and THEY ALL own GT-R's and love them. Most of them say the GT-R is their favorite of the bunch.

Actually I am pretty sure I never bashed the gtr. I havent driven one but i would love to. I think it is an amazing car. That said, I am pretty sure I can see what type of guy you are from what you just wrote.

Last edited:
Then you are missing out BIG TIME! Just like everyone else is not having a chance to either drive or own an NSX.

You are narrow minded.

Have you driven a GT-R or are you just another one of those TARDS that make stupid comments not having even driven the car they bash.

I know at least 5 guys who own at least 800k+ worth of cars and THEY ALL own GT-R's and love them. Most of them say the GT-R is their favorite of the bunch.

the reason prime is not like almost every forum out there is that intelligent adults like myself would shoot themselves having to read through childish namecalling.......I know its hard to be respectful of strangers behind a keyboard when you have an apposeing viewpoint,but tard.....:rolleyes:

Netviper proved the point I made at the end of post 156 with his stupid comment "I am pretty sure if I had the financial means to "own them all", I would not be driving a GTR."

He has not driven a GT-R.

I personally own 6 vehicles and the GT-R is the least expensive of them all. It is also my favorite.

I am done with this thread.

i can't wait to drive a GTR. I'm at a point where i'm unwilling to sell my NSX, and I can only afford to have one very expensive toy, so it'll have to wait.

That said, If I were looking, a GTR, a 997.2 gt3, and potentially the new NSX would be top considerations.

One question for the owners, what's the steering feel like? I have access to an AMG SLS that I drive often enough, but haven't driven it for some time. Lately I've been driving my cayman daily and got into the SLS and was shocked at how boosted the brakes felt and how artificial the steering felt. I'm a big fan of DCTs, but the steering of most new cars is just abysmal...

anyone want to let me take their car for a spin? :)

i can't wait to drive a GTR. I'm at a point where i'm unwilling to sell my NSX, and I can only afford to have one very expensive toy, so it'll have to wait.

That said, If I were looking, a GTR, a 997.2 gt3, and potentially the new NSX would be top considerations.

One question for the owners, what's the steering feel like? I have access to an AMG SLS that I drive often enough, but haven't driven it for some time. Lately I've been driving my cayman daily and got into the SLS and was shocked at how boosted the brakes felt and how artificial the steering felt. I'm a big fan of DCTs, but the steering of most new cars is just abysmal...

anyone want to let me take their car for a spin? :)

the GT-R feels artificially light and everything seems overly boosted. i think the steering is better in the SLS than the GT-R. i don't blame you for not wanting to drive the SLS, getting in and out is a pain. the GT-R wasn't quite as bad as the SLS in terms of transmission, though. you can't argue with the speed of the GT-R, but there is more to cars than speed.

Anyone waiting to get an R32? That would be a cool stable if you have one sitting next to an NSX.

it still wont be legal in CA, so no. it will be DOT legal, but not CARB legal since the rolling exemption was repealed here.

Netviper proved the point I made at the end of post 156 with his stupid comment "I am pretty sure if I had the financial means to "own them all", I would not be driving a GTR."

I personally own 6 vehicles and the GT-R is the least expensive of them all. It is also my favorite.

I personally have driven a 2012 GTR. It suprised the hell out of me. I did not expect it to go like it did, and I couldn't get it to break loose in the round about going on the freeway. That being said there are a lot more cars I would rather own than a GTR. I still would take a 91 NSX over the GTR. Now if money was no object, sure I would have a GTR along with 100 other cars. The GTR might be in the top 10, but definetly not in my top 5 cars I would want to own.

Personally I think you need to quit getting defensive cause people don't think the GTR is god's gift to cars. Just my 2 cents

Wow! 6 vehicles! If you have so many fast cars and GT-R Godzilla is your favorite, why name your avatar NSXROCK and why even keep the NSX since its so slow and behind time....plz educate us.
___ Gordon Murray

the GT-R feels artificially light and everything seems overly boosted. i think the steering is better in the SLS than the GT-R. i don't blame you for not wanting to drive the SLS, getting in and out is a pain. the GT-R wasn't quite as bad as the SLS in terms of transmission, though. you can't argue with the speed of the GT-R, but there is more to cars than speed.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm only 5' 7" and you get used to getting in and out of the SLS, so that's not an issue. But having driven some decently fast cars, including the NSX, i have to agree that there is more to cars than speed. That said, I still want to drive(own?) a GTR to see what all the hype is about :biggrin:

I think I have proved my point about the type of person you are. Saying I would not buy a GTR if I had the means to "own them all" in not bashing the car. I would rather own many other cars before a GT-R. I don't care how fast it is. If all I cared about was speed, I wouldn't own a NSX.

Glad you are done with this thread, maybe you should be done with prime too.

Last edited:
I can't believe I post on here and talk about liking the GTR so much I considered buying one, but can't do it just because I really dislike the looks, which is a personal thing, and so many got all upset and say the car is being "bashed". To start callng others "tard" because they don't like your car as much as you do is ridiculous. These are just cars. They are pieces of metal and plastic. They are not you or your mother. If someone says they don't like its looks, there is no reason to get all ruffled up over it. The NSX has plenty of poor characteristics as well. We can just be mature car enthusiasts that talk about steering feel or safety instead of writing posts using words like "bash" and "tard".

I can't believe I post on here and talk about liking the GTR so much I considered buying one, but can't do it just because I really dislike the looks, which is a personal thing, and so many got all upset and say the car is being "bashed". To start callng others "tard" because they don't like your car as much as you do is ridiculous. These are just cars. They are pieces of metal and plastic. They are not you or your mother. If someone says they don't like its looks, there is no reason to get all ruffled up over it. The NSX has plenty of poor characteristics as well. We can just be mature car enthusiasts that talk about steering feel or safety instead of writing posts using words like "bash" and "tard".

+1 we're supposed to be different from the" kiddie " forums guys.. No need to insult and act like kids arguing during recess on a school yard.

Back