Gran Turismo 4 - offline on 12/14/2004

Paladin is correct. In addition, you can get access of the Lambo race car thru a Game Shark (I think that's what it's called). It's kinda of a pig though - you really have to dial out the understeer.

I'd like to see Noble cars in the game. I don't even own an PSII but I think for this game I'm gonna go buy a used for just for it along with the logitech steering wheel. Now I just need a good seat..... Anyone got an old NSX seat lying around??? :p

also they should have more years available of the 300zx, RX-7, and Supra. There's hardly anything older of those cars, just what appears to be the last latest and greatest?

dnyhof said:
I'd like to see Noble cars in the game. I don't even own an PSII but I think for this game I'm gonna go buy a used for just for it along with the logitech steering wheel. Now I just need a good seat..... Anyone got an old NSX seat lying around??? :p

I have one - you could pick it up for free - too bad you're not in Germany, shipping to U.S. would be more expensive than the seat.

We need an NSXPrime racing league! I bought a PS2 over 2 years ago, and have 1 game total: GT3. I feel a logitech, net adapter and GT4 in my future!

dnyhof said:
also they should have more years available of the 300zx, RX-7, and Supra. There's hardly anything older of those cars, just what appears to be the last latest and greatest?

Just remember that this list from TGS2004 features just under 300 cars. E3's build included a similar list of nearly 300 cars (many cars appear on both lists). Polyphony Digital has not come close to revealing all of the cars being included in the game...remember, they're saying to expect MORE THAN 650!!!!

Last edited:
akira3d said:
Just remember that this list from TGS2004 features just under 300 cars. E3's build included a similar list of nearly 300 cars (many cars appear on both lists). Polyphony Digital has not come close to revealing all of the cars being included in the game...remember, they're saying to expect MORE THAN 650!!!!

Good point.

Anyone know where the best deal is for the GT4 steering wheel currently?
I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering when best buy had it going for $50.

Here are some more screens including NSXs from the latest batch:

561066_20040924_screen026.jpg

561066_20040924_screen031.jpg

561066_20040924_screen032.jpg

561066_20040924_screen263.jpg

561066_20040924_screen267.jpg

Love that pics too - especialy the 2nd last: Image this Mobil 1 car in real in your rear view mirror of your NSX on the racetrack - I had that experience this spring in Spa and felt like I was already part of GT 4.

dnyhof said:

what's GT4 steering wheel? I was looking at Logitec driving force pro steering wheel but it's a bit pricey....which steering wheel do you guy recomend?

AndyH said:
what's GT4 steering wheel? I was looking at Logitec driving force pro steering wheel but it's a bit pricey....which steering wheel do you guy recomend?

The Logitech Driving Force Pro was specifically designed with GT4 in mind...the only wheel that offers 900 degrees rotation in each direction. It features excellent force feedback too!

It works with other games too, but this wheel has got GT4 written all over it (well, actually, the GT logo graces the center of it). I've played GT4 with this wheel at two E3s and it totally rocks.

Yes it is expensive (MSRP $149.99), but I imagine there will be great deals on it as Christmas and GT4's release date nears. I think it was a glitch that Best Buy had it for $49.99...I just hope they honor this price!

Randy, your December calendar should use screen grabs from GT4!

I'm curious, does this wheel actually pull itself back to center much like your real steering wheel does when you are driving around a corner? I can imagine the force feedback as giving resistance as you turn into corners but does that also equate to pulling back to center as you exit a corner. Am I making sense in what I'm trying to describe here??? :confused:

dnyhof said:

Looks like buy.com at $106 w/free shipping to me.

dnyhof said:
Am I making sense in what I'm trying to describe here??? :confused:

I don't have the wheel yet, but from what I remember of my experience is that the force feedback and the true range of motion makes the whole experience feel very natural...which is not a sensation I've gotten from previous wheel controllers on consoles or even PCs. The force feedback also translates the "feel" of the driving surface extremely well (in rally races, the transition from gravel / dirt surfaces to pavement is particularly interesting since you can actually feel when the wheels grab).

On the downside, using this wheel on rally courses (like their stunning Grand Canyon course) can be very exhausting!

dnyhof said:
I'm curious, does this wheel actually pull itself back to center much like your real steering wheel does when you are driving around a corner? I can imagine the force feedback as giving resistance as you turn into corners but does that also equate to pulling back to center as you exit a corner. Am I making sense in what I'm trying to describe here??? :confused:

My Momo Force does this, so I assume this one will have similar bells and whistles.

Yeesh! The more I'm reading on this and seeing the pics makes me feel like I did when I was anxiously waiting for the new 350Z to hit the market and replace the 300zx. The wait is killing me now. :D

NetViper said:
I wish this game was on PC where you could actually run Hi-res graphics. It would rule.
Doesn't GT4 offer a hi-rez mode, or output in 16x9 mode, possibly HD? Does anyone know the highest rez that is supported, if I was looking to build a high-end gaming console around GT4?

serialNSXer said:
Doesn't GT4 offer a hi-rez mode, or output in 16x9 mode, possibly HD? Does anyone know the highest rez that is supported, if I was looking to build a high-end gaming console around GT4?

GT4 does offer a 640x480 16x9 mode for widescreen TVs, but I haven't seen anything suggesting that it can output progressive scan. GT4 Prologue didn't support it...and I recall that Polyphony Digital said that they weren't going to be supporting progressive scan. Oh well...I don't have a progressive scan TV anyway.

GT3 allowed you to link up three or six PS2s so you could play on three or six TVs...does that count?

My buddies get together around once a month to play GT3. We gather six PS2's, 6 TV's, 10-12 people, and drive team endurance races. It's a blast!

I already told my wife she won't see me for a couple of days after Dec. 14th.
;)

Ponyboy said:
My buddies get together around once a month to play GT3. We gather six PS2's, 6 TV's, 10-12 people, and drive team endurance races. It's a blast!

I haven't played an i-link battle of GT3 for more than a year! I'm itching to get multiplayer going with GT4...fortunately they will be including LAN support!

Last edited:
Back