Got the guts and skills to race a Supra on TV?

Talk is cheap if you can’t bring it behind the wheel. You’ve seen the episodes of The Forum Wars presented by Royal Purple, and you’ve thought, “I could do better than that!” Here’s your chance, as recruiting is set to begin for The Forum Wars Season 2.

Would you like to represent NSX Prime on the track in your NSX? Are you willing and able to competitively run a ¼ mile drag race, autocross style road course and a 0-100-0 competition against an Supra from Toyota Supra Forums? We want you to compete on The Forum Wars Season 2 that will be filmed in Houston, Texas at the Royal Purple Raceway the weekend of Jan. 8, 2011.

Racers and fans of the inaugural season of The Forum Wars will experience better competition as the new season will include:

· ¼ mile NHRA drag strip
· Improved road course design
· 0-100-0 racing
· Cars and drivers nominated and approved by the forums
· Additional track time for the drivers
· More evenly matched vehicles with similar mods and tires

This season’s eight (8) episode series will be promoted on national television, SPEED, and posted and promoted all over the internet. To sweeten the deal, prizes will be awarded to participants from Royal Purple, Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Mothers Polish and more.

If you want to represent NSXPrime on The Forum Wars Season 2, please reply to this post. Or, if you would like to nominate a NSX Prime member, you can submit his or her name.

We are looking forward to an improved and incredible season with a great day of competition and fun at the track! Don’t wait to nominate! Nominations will close December 20th.

Without any details on the MKIV it might be a bit hard to decide who to nominate.

Agree 100% about the short notice, guess NSXPrime was not at the top of their list, given that other forums were given a heads up a while back.

I can use race gas and crank it up another 100whp which should get me in the high 10s, low 11s. The car is pretty dialed for the road course.

I can get the car ready by then but if there's another member that will better represent Prime, I gracefully bow out.

Cody, Your car would be a great rep for NSX prime. Do it!!

The ideas are that the cars would be equally matched in the power department. We were/are really hoping to produce this episode because we love both cars, but as it stands now we don't have any solid nominations for NSXPrime or Toyota Supra Forums. If you are interested please step up ASAP otherwise we will need to cancel this match up.

Curtis=MyKarisVicious on Supraforums and Cody@Lovefab from Prime. I believe that they are equally matched in the power department.

It looks like Curtis has a built motor (pistons, cams, flow modified intake manifold) in his Supra, in addition to extensive suspension tuning and direct sponsorship from boostlogic:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566730

Cody's car is a 1991 with over 130k miles on a stock engine; I am not sure it's comparable over an extended contest situation. The NSX would need to be aggressive with timing, which would necessitate race gas, and would need to run high levels of boost (9psi or more), on a factory high compression engine to flirt with 500whp.

The supra, on the other hand, has a fresh engine, and is putting out in excess of 500whp on pump gas - if Cody can use race gas I am sure Curtis would consider doing so as well, and could tune his car for 650-700whp if he went with an aggressive tune. A 700whp supra vs a 450whp nsx seems somewhat lopsided, in an event such as a 1/4 mile drag race, imo.

In addition, Curtis has 6-piston brake calipers all around, another element which could be decisive when you have events such as 0-100-0.

Either find a less capable Supra, or a more-capable NSX, if you want a 'matched' battle. If nothing else, the cars should have the same types of modifications (not comparing a car's braking performance when one has aftermarket brakes, and the other is using stock parts, for example).

We race with Curtis quite a bit, our co-driver Matt Andrews drives for him, and our Aero Engineer Andrew helped develop the car over the past 5 years. In addition, Nils is good friends with Curtis as well:) So we all know our cars very well. That would be the best match up, and I believe they plan on shooting a video in the future as well showcasing both cars.

Both cars run a similar time at Buttonwillow, 1/4 mile times I am not sure of but Nils car runs 11.2's@136mph all day long. Typically, the NSX is on par with the supra at about 100hp less.

It would be a hell of a match up but the time line looks pretty aggressive.

I like the idea of Curtis v. Nils or Cody!!! I am sure Shad can find a capable Supra from one of his customers.

Let's get it ON!

i'd luv to but that is a seriously tight timeline considering we havent even tested the car yet.... im hoping to hit the track this sunday & shake out some bugs.

Go Cody!!!

Hey Cody, Let Nils do it. He is already making his car a dedicated track machine. So a cage and all those goodies aren't far behind. For the record I think either car would be fun to watch out there so I hope someone represents. I will text Nils today and ask about it.

Back