Get Type-R spoiler or not?

For the popups i think you need to be lowered and have the 02 valence for the type-r spoiler IMO looks the best ... but if you have the type-r spoiler with just the 91 valence... it looks to high up top.

But i'd def buy the spoiler again if i had to... the piece is beautiful

Last edited:
I would wonder the Silverstone NA2(without black roof)and dark color spoiler would go together?

Here you go, no black roof.:biggrin:
SilverNSXnoblackroof.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my take....

- I think the Type R looks great on any car with a black roof.

- If you have a color matched roof I like the spoiler to be color matched as well.

- For me personally it ended up being about the visual height of the car. I decided to stay stock because I like how "low slung" the car looks and I didn't want to bring the body lines up any higher.

- I'd definately only get a type R spoiler if it had the brake light in it.

on what? the APR GTC-300? .. as far as I know, Honda did the wing + trunk lip + diffuser on the 02+ Typer-R for a reason, or they did just for the looks?

Oscar

Even though the Type -R spoiler is a little taller than the stock "LED panel" it's certainly nothing I noticed in terms of downforce compared to what I have, which is taller (catches the jet stream from above the roof), longer, wider, and more agressive angles.

And on top of that, I can see out my rear view mirror with no obstruction. For matters of safety and tickets, that's important.

I was considering the same thing on my 2000 Silverstone... At first I thought about getting the smoked version. But decided it would stand out too much since I don't have a black roof. But going body colored makes the rear end look too tall/heavy. So, I decided to just go with plain CF to match my Gunmetal colored Zanardi rims. It's on it's way - once I have it installed, I post pictures.

I was considering the same thing on my 2000 Silverstone... At first I thought about getting the smoked version. But decided it would stand out too much since I don't have a black roof. But going body colored makes the rear end look too tall/heavy. So, I decided to just go with plain CF to match my Gunmetal colored Zanardi rims. It's on it's way - once I have it installed, I post pictures.

Would you, please? I would love to see it your car. Where did you get your plain CF, any links?

Thnak you

Well after reading this entire thread..i too now want one. Most of you guys say that its worth the purchase, but some of you say that it does not look right on a NA1 or at least with out the '02 bumper/diffuser.

So my question is to anyone who has a NA1 with a Type-R spoiler..do you have pics i can look at. i would like to see how it looks with the black top and the older bumper. I hope it looks good on the older style NSX because i already thinking of getting one and dont want to be disappointed if it does not look right.

I'm happy with my NA1 with NSX-R wing although I recently upgraded to the Downforce 02+ Rear Valence and Side Skirts a few months after.

I will be back-to-back testing stock vs. NSX-R wing at the track for subjective and objective (lap times) differences.

Billy

Well after reading this entire thread..i too now want one. Most of you guys say that its worth the purchase, but some of you say that it does not look right on a NA1 or at least with out the '02 bumper/diffuser.

So my question is to anyone who has a NA1 with a Type-R spoiler..do you have pics i can look at. i would like to see how it looks with the black top and the older bumper. I hope it looks good on the older style NSX because i already thinking of getting one and dont want to be disappointed if it does not look right.

Here is what mine looked like with the pre 02 valance

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5022.JPG

Here is is after the 02 rear valance

02valence.jpg

Yes I am aware that my exhaust is crocked, its the combination of the RM headers, and the first gen ARK DTS that is making it sit like that. The the untrained non NSX enthusiast, they would not even notice the difference in the rear valance. To me of course it makes a huge difference, the back side when from my least favorite angle to my favorite angle.

Last edited:
I would love to get that spoiler IF it had the factory looking LONG LED tail light not that 6 inch one,, I dont like it,,,

Here is what mine looked like with the pre 02 valance

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5022.JPG

Here is is after the 02 rear valance

02valence.jpg

Yes I am aware that my exhaust is crocked, its the combination of the RM headers, and the first gen ARK DTS that is making it sit like that. The the untrained non NSX enthusiast, they would not even notice the difference in the rear valance. To me of course it makes a huge difference, the back side when from my least favorite angle to my favorite angle.

Looks great S14! The 02 valance really finished it off nicely!

I've been on the fence about getting this spoiler and paint the sides only and leaving the blade CF. One issue though, I see SOOOO many variations of this spoiler out there for sale and I'm not sure which is the right one for best fitment.

Thanks NA1VTEC, Also Hijacker having so many options is a good thing. Just 2 years ago, you had no option if you wanted a R spoiler. It was either you could find a used Dreamsport ( it has no 3rd brake light ) or Downforce or OEM and that was it. Now the spoiler is more affordable than ever, and even the lower end cost ones still has acceptable fitment.

S-14,

Do you just have the 02+ Rear Valence or did you do the sides as well? I like the look of the rear valence, but don't want to change anything in front of the rear tires and wonder if that would look funky or not (don't know how different the 02 spats are from the 94.....

I am running the pre 02 rocker moldings. Again to the untrained eye, they will not notice the difference, and even to a nsx enthusiast it can be over looked. The 02 rocker moldings needs the side moldings on the lower edge of the door to look complete. It does make the vehicle look lower and more substantial but it also loses a few curves in the process. I don't think the 02 side's are a must have like the tail lights or the rear valance is.

Full circle!!

I did the whole circle:

Stock wing + stock heigh (only thing done was painted GM wheels)

DSC08880_1.jpg

Then Type-AR wing + Lowered (not that much, i was still scared to go lower lol)

NSXSEX.jpg

Then 02+ rear Valance + trunk Lip + diffuser:

DSC01739.jpg

Then 02+ taillights:

AcuraNSX_002.jpg

Then 02+ Wheels

DSC08635.jpg

Full circle ... but I am happy with both pre 02 wheels and 02+ wheels ...

:)

Back