Get Type-R spoiler or not?

I have seen a lot of pictures of Type-R spoilers, but not in person. I don't know if it is really looks nice in person or just a RICER. I would like your opinions. Thanks in advance.

1) Leave it alone and save the dollars for something else?
2) Get Type-R with CF (Dark black color)?
3) Get Type-R with body color (Silverstone color)?

Really appreciate.

Last edited:
I say go for it I like the way the Type-R spoiler looks, but its your car if you like it get it if not dont. Dont get it just cause other people say get it.

I think the type-r spoiler only looks good with the 2002+ facelift....otherwise on the popups it does not look right.

The oem one looks the best for either style....I assume you are not getting rid of your oem one, so I do not see anything wrong with switching spoilers on and off for fun...just like switching wheels to change things up.

Forgot to say don't paint it if you do get it....I think they look funny color matched....its like too much color....

Last edited:
Thanks all for the inputs. Some of the comments make me to reconsider and Silverstone color with dark CF color does not look right either.

Last edited:
the oem look is awesome already,classy, classic look, i say keep it oem with the non type r spoiler, the way it left the factory. Safe your money, take the wife to nice dinner and a show and buy her a nice gift.

I much prefer the GruppeM GT Spoiler and Deck Wing, but the price was the main issue. I then settle for the Down Force CF type R with the third brake lamp and will not trade it for anything else. Never once I regret.!!!

The Type R spoiler is hella lighter than the stock one.

I personally think it looks way better as well... just adds that touch of aggressiveness that the car needs. Stock looks great, but Type R looks even better.

I prefer leaving it CF or black (if you have a black roof) vs painted, but everyone has their own opinion.
PB080043.JPG

13146wing4.jpg

Last edited:
Like everyone said, the stock wing is very classy and the design is perfect with the body of the car, about the R replica wing, once I installed mine I'd say 90% of the people like, personally i though that was pure rice the first day, then later loved.

Now I see pics of my car with the stock wing, looks great, but seems like the car is much more aggressive with the wing and I like!

Oscar

I know some of the older guys here like the original OEM wing, but to me its type R wing X eleventy billion.

edit: It is highly recommended to get an 02 + rear valence to complete the look.

Last edited:
I recently installed a CF Type R wing... I really really like the looks. As mentioned earlier, it is way lighter so the trunk will stay up in all positions (even with new struts, the trunk would only stay up in the highest position with the original wing). And let me be the first to say this, it is way easier to clean under the wing and to clean the bottom of the wing now... I must have fat hands!

I didn't think the type-r wing would go on sebring silver, but I got the smoked cf version and it looks good. Do I like it more than the stock wing? Not sure, I guess I'm about 50-50. I may switch back and forth occasionally.

Before I bought my Downforce NSX-R rear wing, I had never seen one in person and seeing something in real life is always different than from a picture.

However, once I had installed it on my car, it just sort of BELONGS there and I wouldn't have it any other way anymore.
Now everyone seems to want one :smile:

Beside, you will lighten your car (a bit) in a very important place (high up and at the end of the car, improve airflow, make your car look more agressive in a stylish way.
Especially if you have an early model with the black roof it just looks so much in place.

Keep in mind the R spoiler will obstruct your vision of the cop that's following you from your rear view ;)

Haha. That's true! I got pulled over a few months ago and the PO said, "didn't you see me? I was behind you for a while.."

Depends on the car. I like the Type-R spoilers with the NA1's because it matches the black roof, not so much with the NA2's. But it's all a matter of personal preference really...

Get Type-R with CF (Dark black color). I don't think it looks ricey at all! Once you get it, OEM spoiler looks almost out of place.

4.jpg

The color combination of Imola Orange and dark color spoiler looks really nice. I would wonder the Silverstone NA2(without black roof)and dark color spoiler would go together?

Is your car for sale:biggrin:?

Last edited:
The color combination of Imola Orange and dark color spoiler looks really nice. I would wonder the Silverstone NA2(without black roof)and dark color spoiler would go together?

Is your car for sale:biggrin:?

Thanks... not for sale. Hopefully, never. :D I like how the colors tie-in. Downforce diffuser, spoiler, and painted my front lip black. IMHO, it flows well. I think the same would hold for silverstone.

Back