Garage lifts

Does anyone have a picture of what the base (where the car sits) of the 4 post looks like? Is it a solid piece like the one post? Or does it have mostly open space to work on the underside of the car?

gobble said:
Does anyone have a picture of what the base (where the car sits) of the 4 post looks like? Is it a solid piece like the one post? Or does it have mostly open space to work on the underside of the car?

Most of the four post lifts that I have seen are two separate ramps about 18" - 24" wide that the car drives onto. This leaves the entire center section open to allow access to the car. These type of lifts work great for a lot of maint. but doesn't work very well for changing wheels. A lot of these lifts have options for drip trays or something similiar that sits between the two ramps to catch any fluids that might leak from the top car.

For the guys with the lower ceilings, I have seen one owner get some extra height by boxing his rafters above the car and taking a couple of extra feet from the atic above. This required cutting the timbers and re-framing the trusses. I think the cost was only a couple of hundred dollars.

It won't help the guys with door (and door track) issues though......

Lift Ordered

Thanks for the help John, I got my lift set to deliver 5/28, can't wait to get it installed :D Appreciate the contact!

Buyer Update

After a delivery delay Bend-Pak delivered and installed my storage lift. Steve from Bend-Pak coordinated the install and it was as advertised. Top quality, easy to operate and maintain, and wheels!! My thanks to Anytime for the contact and would urge other members to consider this great deal. NSX owners inspection anytime.

I see Red X on the original garage photos for this thread. Can the photos be brought back? I'm thinking of upgrading my garage and also intrested in the Bend Pak single post lift. Thought I recalled photos on this thread showing the single post on the left side (driver's side) of the NSX.

Shaun
95 NSX-T Green/Tan (Stock)

Disregard my last request. I found some old pictures attached to an e-mail that I sent to a buddy earlier this year. Man, that lift looks fine in the garage.

Shaun

you can't rotate tires or do brakes/suspension on this lift can you? There's not way of lifting it with the wheels off the car like a "real" lift at an auto garage? From what I can see, this lift is made mainly for storage reasons.

correct, you would not want to store a car with the wheels hanging, suspension in full droop, it very bad for the suspension. The car is designed to have weight on the suspensipn, not hanging from it!

You cant really have your cake, and eat it too in this case!

FormulaRX, You can get a jack support and jack the car up and put jack stands under the car while on the lift to do the work you desire. I've done that several times with mine FYI :smile:

I too researched many lifts - both two post and four post. Ultimately I decided on the BendPak HD-12SS 4-post. I bought this lift and a rolling jack bridge. I couldn't be happier. With the rolling jack bridge it is very easy to do suspension work. You can support either end of the car (6,000lb capacity on the jack bridge). Here are a few pics that may give you a better idea. (Note that the jack bridge is the black scissor-type lift spanning the two drive-on rails.)
Lambo.JPG

Garage2.JPG

JackStands.JPG

OK I got it now...simple enough. Thanks for the info guys. BTW Kpond, are the Lambo and Benz your cars? Nice rides!

ANYTIME said:
No worries, as I plan on doing group buys like this periodically as new products become available or discounted.

I'm looking to buy a MD-6XP. Is a group buy coming up?

Back