G35 or 350Z?

WTF !!!!!!! this is what happens when you put digi cams in the hands of people like trevor (ffffanman)

MsKadyB -> yes that me in the G35 coupe when I had it for a few days...

but damnnn the G35 looks pimp though.....

Car was very easy to drive ...those seats make you want to fall asleep ..they are that comfortable....

Another vote for the G35 coupe from a very happy owner of one. Back seat is a big plus (tons of leg room back there, but short on head room). Also the back seat folds down for my trips to Lowes.

I am seriously considering the Z. I like the G35 but I barely fit in the Z and I'm hearing the G35 has less leg room.

But I've decided to wait for 2005 model if I'm going to get the Z. Many people are reporting tire feathering and tire noise only after a few thousand miles. It's going to be fixed in 2005 by putting an adjustable suspension piece in the front to replace the non-adjustable one and therefore allow the alignment to be changed to properly correct the problem. I believe the G35 has the adjustable component already which is why there are a lot less tire issues with the G35. There is also going to be seat changes and 2 new colors yellow and a new white. Allegedly there's going to be 2 engine choices as well, the new one being the 4.0 V6 used in the pathfinder.

I may pre-order if I can get a good deal on a Z. I hear they arrive in Oct.

NSX-Stalker

TONS OF LEG ROOM

I could do the swan dance in the g35 that NCC-1701D drove!
Tons of leg room! (Compared to the NSX)

G35 Coupe

Hi,

I would def go for the G35 Coupe over the Sedan and over the 350Z. The G35 Coupe also has more potential than the sedan if you are planning on modding it.

If you want to take a modified G35 Coupe for a test drive, I live in the area and can arrange for that. It's modified with 19 inch work VS XX wheels, Blitz SUS Stainless Intake, Fujitsubo Dual Exhaust system, and HKS Hipermax LS coilovers...

It is a very nice car, and I have driven it as a daily driver, and tracked it at Thunderhill a few times. Definitely a wonderful compromise between luxury and sport.

-Michael.

I have attached a pic of it since it seems to match what you were thinking about as far as the sedan modification 'potential' is concerned... Although mine is a coupe.

For more pics, go to www.racingmix.com/28 for more pics. Just be sure to scroll to the right to see all the pics, not up and down. :)

racingmix_g35.jpg

I have driven both too and I would agree that the Z is more sporty. However, the interior quality is sub-par and having 4 seats makes it an easy choice to me. Also, I think the G35 Coupe is much better looking than the Z. I would wait till 05 for the power boost. I think they are going to 295 - more than the Z.

As far as the tire problem on the Z. There was a recall on the 03 for that and I think some 04's although nissan said the 04's were fine. It is an alignment problem from the factory.

IMO, the G35 coupe is the better looking car. I'd pick it over the 350Z any day just because it's aesthetically more appealing to my eye, and because of its similar performance/ same platform. You get so much more in regard to luxury with the G35, anyway.
In regards to the sedan, I guess it just comes down to practicality and personal preference. Again, I'd rather have the sportier G35 coupe.

Just my .02,
Dave

I recently leased an Infiniti FX45 from the Internet manager over at Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys. I live in OC so they weren't exactly close to me but he was the only one that cut through the BS and gave me an awesome deal via email.

He might be able to help you with your search. The nice thing is that you can finalize a deal via email before coming in. All I had to do when I went to pick up the car was finish the paperwork and learn how to use the numerous gadgets, gizmos, features of the car.

The other cool thing is that he has a British accent so you feel like James Bond when he's showing you the various features of the car.

His name is David Marsh and he is at:
[email protected]

-Justin

I bought 2 infiniti from Dave, very nice guy, a straight shooter, no BS. Very rare in the car business from my experience.

JChoice said:
I recently leased an Infiniti FX45 from the Internet manager over at Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys. I live in OC so they weren't exactly close to me but he was the only one that cut through the BS and gave me an awesome deal via email.

He might be able to help you with your search. The nice thing is that you can finalize a deal via email before coming in. All I had to do when I went to pick up the car was finish the paperwork and learn how to use the numerous gadgets, gizmos, features of the car.

The other cool thing is that he has a British accent so you feel like James Bond when he's showing you the various features of the car.

His name is David Marsh and he is at:
[email protected]

-Justin

Thanks for the info on the dealership, guys. I'll keep it in mind. :)

I finally test drove a Z today. It feels pretty much just like the G35, however, I was not digging the interior. It does feel a tad more sporty, but I like the amenities that come with the G35.

During the test drive, a guy in a Corevette pulls up next to me at a red light and says, "I'll race you. I guarantee I'll win." So I said, "Not in this car. Let me go back to the dealership and get my Porsche then let's talk." His dad was in the front seat with him and began to say something, but the light turned green and the salesman poked me in the arm to go. So I turned, waved and said "See ya!" Haha...then Freddy (the salesman) says to me, "That's how you do it...leave 'em talkin in the dust." I must say, that's one of the most fun test drives I've gone on. :D ;)

Back