G35 or 350Z?

I am going to test drive a Z tonight. I've already test driven a G35 sedan. I liked the G35, however, since it was a sedan I would still like to test drive a coupe to see if there are any differences. The coupe seems to be in really high demand and the dealership we went to last night didn't have any in stock. Any thoughts? :)

Definitely the G35 Coupe. I've driven both and although the G35 isn't as sporty as the Z, it makes up the difference in the luxury department.

I have a connection at a local Infiniti dealer here in S. Florida if you want one within 1-2 weeks.

Are you lookin' to get rid of your NSX :(

DocL said:
Definitely the G35 Coupe. I've driven both and although the G35 isn't as sporty as the Z, it makes up the difference in the luxury department.

I have a connection at a local Infiniti dealer here in S. Florida if you want one within 1-2 weeks.

I think the Z is lacking in the interior department. It's not as appealing to me as the G35. I like the braking power on the G35 as well. The Z does perform slightly better, however I don't think it's much of a difference. I suppose it really comes down to aesthetics and price.

I have a G35 coupe and it is a great car, almost as much fun to drive as my nsx and it has a back seat!

I had a fully G35 for a few days but i only drove it a few times (rained too many days)..I was really impressed by all the luxury items..The ride was very comfortable and the exhaust note was awesome when first start it up...

But it felt like i was driving an SUV compared to the X...

Great car I would definitely get a G35 coupe

One more vote for the the G35 coupe.

350Z...im enjoy the lines much better than the G35 coupe. Coupe or sedan...really depends on how you use space. I know the structure bar in the back of the Z killed the usability of the trunk. Don't know if the G35 coupe has the same bar.

PoohBEAR said:
knowing you..................you would be more happier w/ a G35:D

Hehe...yeah, I know. My friends say they don't see me in a Z. I am somewhat torn between the coupe and the sedan, though. The coupe is obviously better looking, but I think the sedan has potential. I was thinking black with OEM kit on black rims with a polished lip, slightly lowered.

Also, since it's not as popular, I was thinking I could get a better deal on the sedan than the coupe. Watcha think big papa? :)

Personally having a G35c (and a NSX) you know which I'm going to pick...

The 350Z is definitely more eye-catching exterior wise but the G35c is no slouch either. Of course sit the G35c next to the NSX and its not contest...

The G35c will still give you 2+2 seating which the 350Z will not and the G35c has a useable/expandable trunk with the fold down rear seat.

Some reviews I've read actually prefer the G35c handling dynamics over the 350Z due to the extra few inchest of wheelbase. After all, it was picked Car of the Year by multiple magazines. The engines and the same and therefore much of the performance parts are interchangeable btw the 350Z and G35.

Also the warranty/dealer service/perks are much better through Infiniti than Nissan. Do you want to wait in the Nissan sitting area or a G35 sedan service loaner?

Last edited:
Ok, just got back.

First of all, I didn't test drive the Z for two reasons:

1. The dealer wouldn't let us unless we gave all our information and they ran our credit. We thought it was ridiculous to go through all that trouble just to test drive a car. He said they only allow people to test drive the cars right before they sign the papers for purchasing the vehicle and that it was a hot vehicle and they can't just have people test driving the car cause they feel like it. :rolleyes: We test drove an 04 CLK 55 AMG and they handed the keys over to us as if we had already bought the car! THEN the salesman tells us that we don't have to test drive the car to know how well it performs. So I gave him a friendly argument about how ridiculous it sounds that just looking at a car is going to give us an overall feel for it. The best part was when he turned to me and said, "YOU PROBABLY KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS CAR THAN I DO." Wow, competency at it's best. :rolleyes:

2. After all that, we didn't go there because we particularly like the 350Z. We were just comparing it to the G35. So, what Motegi said about Infiniti customer service versus Nissan, it's Infiniti all the way! :p :)

O karen, get the G35 Coupe and be done with it. Do'nt get the sedan, you don't have kids. Plus the sedan looks to bland. Its taller and narrower. Ofcourse if that CLK55 is in the price range then get that instead FOR SURE! :cool:

G35 coupe for sure. More sophistication and style.

Ceeya32: Your G35 is almost as much fun to drive as your NSX? I would suggest throwing some mods on the NSX - if you're into that type of thing. My modded NSX creates a stir in my soul when I drive it. When I drive a G35 Coupe.. I don't feel a thing in comparison.

on a side note, new G35 6MT coupes get 15+ponies for 2005.
Not sure if the Z will follow.

LadyKB - sent you a PM

I checked out both of these cars awhile back as well. In the end I chose the NSX. haha

But if I'd have to pick between the two, I say get the Z. . .but that's probably out of spite since the Infiniti sales person would not let me test drive the thing and gave me the same old "this car is so great that you don't need to test drive" speech.

Perhaps I should go back in the NSX to see if they let me test drive it now?

Anyhow, I'd say for sure test drive both before you make a decision. Try another dealership?

G35 if you appreciate an upscale, finished interior, and go 6MT if you want the Brembos, plus you can enjoy the back seat. The Z is so cheap inside.....

Any thoughts?

Yes, get the one that makes you happy. But since you asked, the G35 coupe, no questions asked.

Re: ...

votrix said:
I checked out both of these cars awhile back as well. In the end I chose the NSX. haha

But if I'd have to pick between the two, I say get the Z. . .but that's probably out of spite since the Infiniti sales person would not let me test drive the thing and gave me the same old "this car is so great that you don't need to test drive" speech.

Perhaps I should go back in the NSX to see if they let me test drive it now?

Anyhow, I'd say for sure test drive both before you make a decision. Try another dealership?

The opposite happened to us; they wouldn't let us test drive the Z. I've driven both the G35 coupe and sedan and I am gonna go for the G35. I'm somewhat undecided on the coupe or sedan, however. The coupe is marked up because it's so high in demand, so I'm going to delay the purchase a bit and see how the market goes.

I agree that the interior of the Z is bland. It looks like cheap plastic compared to the interior of the G35. Plus, the lack of a backseat is a negative for me because I travel a lot and need space. I just wonder what else is coming out in the next year and if I should keep my eyes out for something else?

Eddies sweet ride NC-1701D

Heres the man running the white ship!

Last edited:
And another

This car even makes him look cool!

Last edited:
Back