FXMD Widebody Kit

A few more pictures someone just sent me.

Attachments

• Modified2010338.jpg
    Modified2010338.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Modified2010342.jpg
    Modified2010342.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,334
  • Modified2010216.jpg
    Modified2010216.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 545
attachment.php

What a NICEEEEE shot + car

^^^^ Looking Good!! Jim send me a high res of that!!! Man, wish I could have been there!

Will see if I can get higher resolution pictures of the guy that took them..

If not, Dale (LS7NSX) took some incredable pictures as well that he showed me at the event that were on his digital camera, when he sends them to me, I will post some of them and send you one of those if I can't get the one above in a higher resolution.

^^^^ Looking Good!! Jim send me a high res of that!!! Man, wish I could have been there!

Last edited:
Thank you to all those that came out and hung with us in the paddock during the event, you being there and your support meant a lot to us and we all really enjoyed having you there with us.

Hope everybody had a great time...!

Last edited:
Wish I had the opportunity to come over and say Hi, however I was really busy with everything and I was parked on the opposite side of the dragstrip:frown:. Sounds like you did pretty good though! What kind of lap times did you manage to pull off? I ran a 1:20.7 in my old Integra LS with over 200,000 miles not to mention it was my first TA at night and I was running on about 2 hours of sleep. By the way the car looked great:smile:

Congrats big time! Actually placing in the top three out of what seems like more then just stiff competition is rewarding but then to do it with street tires I say that is more then a high five and thumbs up. Well done well done indeed.:biggrin:

Plus, nice to get an honor of being able to compete in any of their later events that they may hold.... awesome! Way to represent the NXS community in a BIG way!

When we were first asked by Ken of FXMD if we wanted to compete in their place if they couldn’t make it, I laughed and was really very hesitant and told Ken I would think about it.

Then when NASA heard that FXMD heard may not be coming to the event, NASA asked me if I wanted to take their place. I was still hesitant…

I sat back and thought about what I would be getting into with my NSX, had just completed the body kit and turbo, hadn’t had it corner balanced yet with the new widebody kit. I did height and rake adjustments with a ruler on the fly. I had a set of 50% used up AD-08’s that had already seen at least 15 heat cycles on 20 minute track sessions just for testing and learning the new turbo. Then there was the fact that I still have A/C-Heater and a Stereo/DVD/GPS/Sub-woofer in the car and would be competing with total full blown Modified and Unlimited class race cars that compete and set track records everywhere they go.

Then came time for the decision once Ken decided the FXMD car was not going to make it and I got a call from UMS and was told I was needed to fill the spot and Modified Magazine wanted me to run the car and not to worry about how I did, just do my best and to be at the Dyno competition the next day at 3:30 PM. So the choice was made for me in a way.

So then I had another talk with Ken that day, he told me to just go out there, have fun and do the best I could. “That I was already a winner since I would be competing against full blown race cars with basically a street car on street tires” Thanks to Ken for the faith in me and all the support !

So I decided to do it and just have fun, hoping the embarrassment wouldn’t be too bad.

I talked to Billy the night before his Grand AM race and the night before the shootout and his advise was to go out there and have fun, do the best I could and have faith in myself, he had faith…Thanks to Billy for his faith in me as well.

So off we went…

All I did was go out there and do the best I could at this point where the car sits hoping we wouldn't make complete fools of ourselves..

We shocked a lot of people and the senior Editor of Modified Magazine told us several times how impressed and amazed he was with us for making the stand we did, and the showing we did considering we were nowhere near being on the same level as the competition, our lack of resources, sponsorships and money.

Everybody else had race trailer set ups, crews, computers, data loggers, etc, etc, etc, etc…

We, Eric, my right hand man and son, drove the car to the track with 2 carry boxes of tools and fluids, set up our paddock with a borrowed canopy, put the splitter on, put out our folding chairs and all we could do was laugh and wonder what the hell we were doing here looking at the competition.

By the end of the day, we got kudo’s from all the competitors and teams for just being who we are, for trying as hard as we could, not giving up, and doing as well as we did…It surprised everybody including us…

When it was all over, no one really knew for sure any of the results, as they don't tell you as you go through the 4 stages of the competition.

Jeremy Ward, the UMS Time Attack Rep, Chief Tech for NASA and the coordinator for the Modified Tuner Shootout came by our paddock and told me I did really great, I laughed and he told me he wasn't kidding and I really, really did great all things considered, and that I needed to be at the awards ceremony.

So I went figuring I was going to get an award for being the slowest and getting lost on the autocross layout....Needless to say, I was very surprised when they announced my name for 3rd place in RW Class...I still think they made a mistake :biggrin:

It was a day in time that became very special to me at this point in life and at 57 years old, with my family and friends that were there with us & supported us that I will never forget. I’ve won other trophies in life, but this one probably means the most for doing as well as we did with as little as we had to do it with.

This sure says a lot about the NSX and what they are capable of.

Like I said earlier in the thread, she’s never let me down yet and she sure didn’t this time either…She made me very proud to say I own one.

Thanks Soap, appreciate the comments and thoughts.

Congrats big time! Actually placing in the top three out of what seems like more then just stiff competition is rewarding but then to do it with street tires I say that is more then a high five and thumbs up. Well done well done indeed.:biggrin:

Plus, nice to get an honor of being able to compete in any of their later events that they may hold.... awesome! Way to represent the NXS community in a BIG way!

Last edited:
Some pictures of the other competitor’s and some video’s can be seen on my Facebook I posted of the drag racing and TA in the photo's and video sections.

www.facebook.com/cozland

Last edited:
A video someone sent me..

This was the only practice session I went out on with the DE4/Instructors group before the TA, it was the first time out ever on this track, had my son Eric with me, wasn't pushing to hard, was trying to learn the track and save what little tires I had left for the TA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUNhIlkxaNw&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
yes, that was part of the same DE-4/Instructor session I went out on.

Thanks for sharing it :biggrin:

Thanks Jonathan, wish you could have been there with us.

Great results Jim! Especially since you haven't had the time to properly dial in the car.

Way to go Jim! It took some major stones to take your car out there on less than a days notice with no prep. You did great and the car looks and sounds awesome! Cya at RTA vegas in a few weeks!

Hi Jim,

Congratulations on the early success and I'm sure there's more to come from you and the NSX.

The front clips make sense (should of thought of that really :rolleyes:) giving the intention of the car, I had my street car head on!

Regards, Paul

Thanks Ken...

It wouldn't have been possible without you're continuing help and support through all of this. Thanks for having the faith in me and giving us the honor to be FXMD's s substitute in the event.

You are one in a million brother. I can’t thank you enough….

Looking forward to seeing you at the RTA on the 24th…

Way to go Jim! It took some major stones to take your car out there on less than a days notice with no prep. You did great and the car looks and sounds awesome! Cya at RTA vegas in a few weeks!

Last edited:
Thanks Paul...
It really is a street car first and a track car second...so you were thinking 1/2 right :wink:

Hi Jim,
Congratulations on the early success and I'm sure there's more to come from you and the NSX.
The front clips make sense (should of thought of that really :rolleyes:) giving the intention of the car, I had my street car head on!
Regards, Paul

Last edited:
Coz,

Nice job out at the track considering you really had so little prep time. It was nice to meet you, Eric and your wife. I couldn't stay for the TA but looked at the video, great car and very fast!

Art

Thanks Art...
It was a real pleasure having you out there with us and a pleasure meeting you as well.
Thanks for coming out and supporting our effort, it was much appreciated by all of us.

We hope to see and share more time with you in the future...

Coz,
Nice job out at the track considering you really had so little prep time. It was nice to meet you, Eric and your wife. I couldn't stay for the TA but looked at the video, great car and very fast!
Art

Back