FX500 16psi+75shot…

We recently received a new test clutch for the NSX and since the strip was open we decided to take her out there. As many of you know we had major issues with our old clutch set-up on the Twin Turbo once we reached the 620ish rwhp mark. The FX500 NSX is still in Touge form so we swapped out the CC Exedy, realigned her, and installed a 75shot of happiness to bring us near the 700rhwp mark. Amazingly the clutch held! We ended up running [email protected]. The run was done on the same RA-1s we used for the Touge. At the next event we are going to up the boost a bit, install the 100shot, and slap some DRs on. Hopefully it all hold together and stick!

I was there to witness it first hand and it was awesome! :eek: :eek: :biggrin: I think they started the christmas tree up too fast and that they weren't able to spool up right because there seemed to be a slight hesitation at the start. I really think it could have posted a better time if the starter had waited just a bit more. The cool thing was that the tires were smoking way into 2nd and 3rd gear.

I also got to get a quick ride back when it was in its "tamer" street mode (around 580 HP) and it was the most amazing thing I've ever been in. When the turbo kicks in, it litterally feels like you've been kicked in the stomach and afterwards, I couldn't help but laugh hysterically (no joke!) I haven't been in many 500 hp + cars, but this thing was incredible. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Vega$ NSX said:
I was there to witness it first hand and it was awesome! :eek: :eek: :biggrin: I think they started the christmas tree up too fast and that they weren't able to spool up right because there seemed to be a slight hesitation at the start. I really think it could have posted a better time if the starter had waited just a bit more. The cool thing was that the tires were smoking way into 2nd and 3rd gear.

I also got to get a quick ride back when it was in its "tamer" street mode (around 580 HP) and it was the most amazing thing I've ever been in. When the turbo kicks in, it litterally feels like you've been kicked in the stomach and afterwards, I could help but laugh hysterically (no joke!) I haven't been in many 500 hp + cars, but this thing was incredible. :biggrin:

Thanks for coming out! It was a blast to take her down the strip again. I got a bad launch on that run because the Supra I tuned was running with me. I had just configured his two step, and after the burnout he went and staged and instantly got on the two step. I was worried that he was going to burn her down so I quickly went up and staged to get him going. I felt bad running him over in 3rd :biggrin: See you tomorrow for some roll-on fun!

NetViper said:
As always guys, great job.

Thanks Net, next time we will have her drag ready to hopefully put on a nice ET. After that we have to convert her back for Time Attack:)

Vega$ NSX said:
I was there to witness it first hand and it was awesome! :eek: :eek: :biggrin:

I also got to get a quick ride back when it was in its "tamer" street mode (around 580 HP) and it was the most amazing thing I've ever been in. When the turbo kicks in, it litterally feels like you've been kicked in the stomach and afterwards, I couldn't help but laugh hysterically (no joke!) I haven't been in many 500 hp + cars, but this thing was incredible. :biggrin:

HAHAHAHA....thats hilarious....the most amazing thing ever....I got booted in my stomach, LOL.........

Just had to bust your balls a bit. :)

Dang, look at that mph!

NSX/MR2 said:
Dang, look at that mph!

CRAZY, EH? Should have been a 10 second run with a better launch.

Thats car must be a treat for commuting:biggrin:

The Kid said:
CRAZY, EH? Should have been a 10 second run with a better launch.

Thats car must be a treat for commuting:biggrin:

It is most definitely a 10 sec run with that mph. Our best so far is a 10.68@138+mph with a slipping clutch on our drag set-up. The real reason we did this is to test the power capacity of this new clutch. We are hoping it will hold the 1khp mark. In a few weeks we will go back out with around 800rhwp to test her again.

The car is an awesome commute car. Especially, when the commute is from Norcal to Las Vegas:biggrin:

Greets, sounds like an amazing tune! btw I second Racer-X Tilton? only one I can think of off hand, well done.

David

kreh said:
Hey, how would that NSX do against a LAmbo Gallardo with 55 bhp?

From a pure ¼ mile comparison the only two production cars that would possibly stand a chance are the ENZO and Veyron 16.4.

Factor X Motorsports said:
From a pure ¼ mile comparison the only two production cars that would possibly stand a chance are the ENZO and Veyron 16.4.

I would say only the Veyron. The enzo is slower than the Mclaren F1.

NetViper said:
I would say only the Veyron. The enzo is slower than the Mclaren F1.

Ah you are right Net, forgot about that one! The Mclaren would be a good race. Granted these are not apple to apple comparisons as we are highly modified, but hopefully Honda is listening to the needs of its faithful fans. If not it looks like a 360 Modena is going to need a set of hair dryers:biggrin:

SPA_S2000 said:
This car must be like one of those comical cars in Gran Turismo!

At this powerlevel it is pretty much ridiculous. After having driven this system for the past two years I still just laugh when on boost. Now with the bottle it is sheer white knuckle terror:eek:

SPA_S2000 said:
This car must be like one of those comical cars in Gran Turismo!

That's funny you mention this, because the first time I rode in this car the first (and I mean first) thing I thought of was that Suzuki Escudo from Grand Turismo. :eek: :biggrin: You know the one that you can upgrade to over 1,000+ HP? When the turbo on the NSX kicked in, it pulled just like in the game where your peripheral vision just blurred. I know that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but I had never felt anything close to that level of speed before.

Congradulations ! you guys are getting these cars the kind of respect they have always deserved. I'm curious though...what kind of transaxle are you guys running ? I'm sure putting all that power to the ground took alot more than a good clutch.

Bastards!!! Having all the fun out there without me! :rolleyes: You better be ready cuz I'm going to make plans to come out and visit soon.

Darkcyd said:
Bastards!!! Having all the fun out there without me! :rolleyes: You better be ready cuz I'm going to make plans to come out and visit soon.

We will make sure Crazy Horse is notified of your arrival!

NSX-treme said:
Congradulations ! you guys are getting these cars the kind of respect they have always deserved. I'm curious though...what kind of transaxle are you guys running ? I'm sure putting all that power to the ground took alot more than a good clutch.

We modify our trannys to hold the power, obviously though we do not have the same life as an OEM set-up. MJ may have the holy grail with the sequential he is working on.

Back