• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Full Titanium Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are actual buyers I can make it happen. GB anyone?

I'm from Spain, 91 NSX owner. I would be interested in titanium test pipes if the price is as good as the titanium exhaust.

I was thinking to buy DC sports Headers, but now I'll weigh up titanium headers option.

Last edited:
Depending on price and pipe diameter, I might be in for a set of test pipes as well. It can't be smaller diameter than my current ARC Ti exhaust. I can measure if you want.

I knew I've seen this somewhere. See post #14 from 2009.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128041
EDIT: Just to clarify, I have no idea if this is the original GT-One (I think it is) vs. a knockoff. See post(s) below... You have to admit.. they look darn similar. The OP's pic might be the original GT-Ones also.. who knows...

attachment.php

Last edited:
^this is the original GT-One Ver3, please do not compare this to the fake knock off ones :mad:

^this is the original GT-One Ver3, please do not compare this to the fake knock off ones :mad:
If you feel so strongly about it then i'm sure you're confident this is the original? Now I wonder why the bluing of the Ti is so disproportionate as basic logic would lead me to believe. Why would the inlet on one muffler be more blue (theoritically due to higher heat) than the outlet of the other muffler? I'd expect that from a knockoff but not from GT-One/Sorcery or whatever. Not expecting you to know.. just putting it out there.

titanium is hard to bent, so they had to weld it in section, the first batch had some weld problems so this second batch needs to add extra "weld" to the main pipe, after the weld they put the muffler to an oven for "heat treated" so the bottom of the muffler will be heat more then the top part! the heat goes up!
i went to the factory in Japan where my exhaust was made so i know which one is original!

titanium is hard to bent, so they had to weld it in section, the first batch had some weld problems so this second batch needs to add extra "weld" to the main pipe, after the weld they put the muffler to an oven for "heat treated" so the bottom of the muffler will be heat more then the top part! the heat goes up!
i went to the factory in Japan where my exhaust was made so i know which one is original!
Sorry, i'm really not trying to be a d1ck or anything and this probably goes way off topic so it'll be my last post on the bluing subject. Your explanation still makes no sense to me. I'm talking about the bluing in the mufflers not the bends. In any case, I don't care enough to debate the issue. :smile:

Original?
attachment.php

Copy?
5514361626_6416d51823_b.jpg

That's an excellent copy if it is one. . . They even got the brackets that hold the mufflers together the same!

Need the sound clips!! :biggrin:

Original?
attachment.php

Copy?
5514361626_6416d51823_b.jpg

That's an excellent copy if it is one. . . They even got the brackets that hold the mufflers together the same!

Need the sound clips!! :biggrin:

They look the same because they are the same. Its not a knock off because you are looking at the same titanium piece made in the same factory. The difference is the other one is $2000 more. I know its painful to pay $2000 more of the same stuff.

Last edited:
They look the same because they are the same. Its not a knock off because you are looking at the same titanium piece made in the same factory. The difference is the other one is $2000 more. I know its painful to pay $2000 more of the same stuff.

Say it ain't so :biggrin:

:eek:
any sound clips?

Sorry, i'm really not trying to be a d1ck or anything and this probably goes way off topic so it'll be my last post on the bluing subject. Your explanation still makes no sense to me. I'm talking about the bluing in the mufflers not the bends. In any case, I don't care enough to debate the issue. :smile:

They "Artificially" blue it with a torch because well, blue is pretty. So they blue the cans in batches and I'm sure those two are from the same batch and they just laid them down next to each other in the jig and completed the system. The only true "bluing" is at the weld joints and actually its the sign of a weak titanium weld. Not a issue in this application but if it was a heavily loaded weld it would have to be redone.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/articles/index.php?page=article120.html

Last edited:
To get the ball rolling, I'm giving a special reduced price for the first sets of orders. PM me if interested.

Couple of questions:
1) Is there a single tip version available?
2) Why is the application for 1996-2000? Based on the pictures this looks to be an exhaust that fits all NSXs 1991-2005 (where 1995+ requires some adapters)
exhausts.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back